Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Nation's No. 1 QB details multi-day Clemson visit, commitment timeline
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 68
| visibility 1

TNET: Nation's No. 1 QB details multi-day Clemson visit, commitment timeline

Mar 31, 2019, 8:01 AM

Nation's No. 1 QB details multi-day Clemson visit, commitment timeline

The nation’s No. 1 quarterback for the 2020 recruiting cycle will be on Clemson’s campus this week, and he’s not only bringing in a lot of his family, but he’s also making it a multi-day visit.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was hoping for a commitment this weekend but just hoping to get a commitment soon.

Mar 31, 2019, 8:06 AM

Obviously would love to have him but as we all suspect if/when he commits some more dominoes should start to fall. Hoping for a great visit!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Was hoping for a commitment this weekend but just hoping to get a commitment soon.

Mar 31, 2019, 8:34 AM

Saying May or June is actually earlier than he used to say so I'm ready for the drama to end. It's great that his brother is coming too. Oregon has already offered his 8th grade brother.

Re: Was hoping for a commitment this weekend but just hoping to get a commitment soon.

Mar 31, 2019, 2:57 PM

Well that prop should be easy to see right through, and if I were the parent of a high profile recruit, and a school offered my younger son that was only in the 8th grade, and there no way of knowing what type of player he will be from the 8th grade to a senior in HS, That would really Pisss me off that they would stoop so low to offer my youngest in an attempt to pull in my oldest son that just happen to be the #1 QB in the country. Red flags would be sweeping through my head like confetti in a wind storm, and I'm sure if it was me and my kid, there wouldn't be anymore conversation with those low life con artist coaches at Oregon bc, they would be Oregone from that second on. Do not try and use a child of mind in an attempt to gain an edge or a commitment from my older son that happens to be the #1 QB recruit in the country.

I'm not Dabo, but If I was in the same situation, I would make it clear to the parents the reasons that we don't offer 8th graders, athletic scholarships to play college FB, and that is it wouldn't be fair to the kid bc no one knows for sure what type of athlete a 8th grader will grow into, or whether he would even be a D-1 type talent. Just bc his older brother is, it doesn't mean that the younger 8th grader will be. And so many things could change with the leadership in the Oregon FB program, and that offer can easily be pulled by the time younger brother was ready for college. What the Oregon coaches are doing/done, they are using the younger brother to try and get an advantage with the older brother. That Sounds like a move straight out of the ??Lane Kiffin hand book on how to be a P O S coach!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 31, 2019, 3:13 PM

I agree with you that this seems transparent. A few weeks ago after DJ visited LSU, they offered his 8th grade brother too. Matayo is highly regarded but too early for sure!

Mar 31, 2019, 8:49 AM [ in reply to Was hoping for a commitment this weekend but just hoping to get a commitment soon. ]

lovingit® said:

Obviously would love to have him but as we all suspect if/when he commits some more dominoes should start to fall. Hoping for a great visit!

I suspect he will commit this weekend. Saying he will commit in May or June just gives him cover if for some reason he decides not to commit on this visit

Mar 31, 2019, 11:01 AM

Not happening. His family isn't into b.s., they do what they say and he's going to visit Oregon again. Would love to be wrong on this.

Re: TNET: Nation's No. 1 QB details multi-day Clemson visit, commitment timeline

Mar 31, 2019, 8:19 AM

Traffic crossings in downtown Clemson are really safe and manageable , so Coach Frogger could have stayed in Cali .
I get it though ... er'body wanna see what Dabo dealt . No , I get it .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: TNET: Nation's No. 1 QB details multi-day Clemson visit, commitment timeline

Mar 31, 2019, 8:54 AM

???

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Subtle but we old school video gamers picked up on that

Mar 31, 2019, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Nation's No. 1 QB details multi-day Clemson visit, commitment timeline ]

Used to play it all the time in the Student Union across from Johnstone. That and Defender.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Subtle but we old school video gamers picked up on that

Mar 31, 2019, 10:18 AM

Birdie King in the back room of TTT

2 thumbs at the base of the ball...wait for the flag to

Mar 31, 2019, 1:19 PM

blow the way you want it to, then let her rip!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This comment deserves more credit than it's getting. Clearly a generational thing.***

Mar 31, 2019, 9:09 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Nation's No. 1 QB details multi-day Clemson visit, commitment timeline ]

Re: This comment deserves more credit than it's getting. Clearly a generational thing.***

Mar 31, 2019, 9:50 AM

I played so much Frogger as a teenager I became convinced that I was invincible .

I've settled with that notion as being erroneous , since .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

LOL

Mar 31, 2019, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Nation's No. 1 QB details multi-day Clemson visit, commitment timeline ]

I laughed when i read his name too.

Can we all just thumb up this article?!***

Mar 31, 2019, 8:24 AM

Mar 31, 2019, 8:29 AM

:)

The whole family is coming for 5 days

Mar 31, 2019, 8:43 AM

I wonder if he is interested?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The whole family is coming for 5 days

Mom wants to see where he is going to church. That's a good sign.

Re: The whole family is coming for 5 days

Mar 31, 2019, 5:26 PM

THAT was the thing that stood out to me. I think he is as close to a lock as you can get without being committed.

Surprised the article didn't mention the spring game. Thats where mom will get some idea of the stadium and game atmosphere. I'm sure his visit for the upcoming week is no acc identify for the spring game. It's hard to overcome the cross country separation of home and college, but being an understudy of TL can't be beat, not to mention bein a part of a championship team. Oregon can't promise that.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 31, 2019, 9:09 AM

^^^this ^^^ bet they’re promising him everything. What are they building out there? Who knows... but hopefully it’s not that close to where he lives.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

but a guy like DJ could put Oregon back in the top 25

Mar 31, 2019, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Nation's No. 1 QB details multi-day Clemson visit, commitment timeline ]

Crystal Balls is a good coach maybe

Re: but a guy like DJ could put Oregon back in the top 25

Mar 31, 2019, 4:01 PM

Oh boy, hope he's not aiming too high. Top 25, maybe. If Oregon can recruit anyone to block for him. I wonder if he's aware of our recent OL commits. What are some these guys thinking about? Has he ever seen our facilities, recently rated number one in the country? Yes, look it up.

Mar 31, 2019, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Nation's No. 1 QB details multi-day Clemson visit, commitment timeline ]

Eagle03® said:

Surprised the article didn't mention the spring game. Thats where mom will get some idea of the stadium and game atmosphere. I'm sure his visit for the upcoming week is no acc identify for the spring game. It's hard to overcome the cross country separation of home and college, but being an understudy of TL can't be beat, not to mention bein a part of a championship team. Oregon can't promise that.

Mom’s typically don’t care about the stadium or game atmosphere. They have a different agenda like where will he live, will the coaches watch out for her son, where will he go to church, what type of people -atmosphere-culture will surround her son, etc

Mar 31, 2019, 2:51 PM

^^ correct. Mama wants to make sure baby lands in the right place when he leaves the nest. I think that would bode well for Clemson.

Mar 31, 2019, 9:01 AM

Who picks up the travel costs for the hs coach? That’s not small change coming from Cali for 4 or 5 days in a hotel for an unofficial visit. Those kind of extra visitors coming with the core family kind gives me pause. I sure hope things go ok.

Mar 31, 2019, 9:24 AM

DJ's dad works as a celebrity body guard and I am sure he has the funds to pay for this trip. But I see what you were doing in your comment, trying to cast shadows on Dabo's recruiting practices. There is nothing to find so look all you want, what Dabo has is called integrity.

Mar 31, 2019, 10:08 AM

What he also has is 2 National Championship trophies over the last 3 years .
The best of the best are drawn to the best .

DB23

Mar 31, 2019, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Nation's No. 1 QB details multi-day Clemson visit, commitment timeline ]

waterboyII said:

DJ's dad works as a celebrity body guard and I am sure he has the funds to pay for this trip. But I see what you were doing in your comment, trying to cast shadows on Dabo's recruiting practices. There is nothing to find so look all you want, what Dabo has is called integrity.

No that is not what I intended to imply! My concern is the coach tries something stupid for his own personal gain. Coach Swinney would not tolerate that and hence the trip would have a negative incident. My question about how a high school coach would want to spend probably about $1000 of his own money to follow the family to Clemson seems reasonable to comment about. As you say, the family could be picking up the tab and the coach could be a close friend of the family and a key contact for the Clemson staff during DJ’s recruitment. I do hope that is the actual situation, because DJ will be a great Clemson QB.

Mar 31, 2019, 10:15 AM

The coach could possibly be a responsible person with his finances , and just maybe he can make a week long trip out of his wallet .
I never doubt a person based on what they do for a living as to whether or not they can afford something based on what I know about their income level . I also try not to assume the worst is possible .

DB23

A coach at a high profile private school can afford a trip

Mar 31, 2019, 1:21 PM

to Clemson. I'm sure he makes a 6 figure salary.

He's attending a high $$$ private school. 5 days in Clemson

Mar 31, 2019, 9:32 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Nation's No. 1 QB details multi-day Clemson visit, commitment timeline ]

is certainly not an issue for them.

Shut up!!! Dabo is the man , and there ain't #### going on...

Mar 31, 2019, 9:48 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Nation's No. 1 QB details multi-day Clemson visit, commitment timeline ]

Nm

Mar 31, 2019, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Nation's No. 1 QB details multi-day Clemson visit, commitment timeline ]

This is an unofficial visit and everyone pays for all their own expenses. Their coaches may have some allowance from their own schools to visit other programs but bet most is out of pocket for him too.
No way in heck is anyone at Clemson risking our 2019 Natty by paying for someone's hamburgers!

Mar 31, 2019, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Nation's No. 1 QB details multi-day Clemson visit, commitment timeline ]

smillsap1 said:

Who picks up the travel costs for the hs coach? That’s not small change coming from Cali for 4 or 5 days in a hotel for an unofficial visit. Those kind of extra visitors coming with the core family kind gives me pause. I sure hope things go ok.

That was a cheap shot. Very unwarranted.

Mar 31, 2019, 9:02 AM

He won’t openly commit at the game. May be a silent commit but Dabo will tell him to go to Oregon on the 20th to be sure. Just the way Dabo does it.

Yes, we can all TU this post, but the only thing we can really do to help is be in the valley on Saturday and tailgating etc to give it as close to gameday atmosphere as we can make it.

Mar 31, 2019, 9:41 AM

Lord willing, I'd love to see 90K with standing room only:<)

Like this guy’s talents but Not all his social hype..

Mar 31, 2019, 9:48 AM

unlike TLaw who stays under the radar & gets the job done on the field, including a Natty Tropy his 1st year All-In!

Saying..please come visit again. commit & then quietly get to work getting your high school degree & team a Natty b/4 coming to Tigertown to learn a lot more & compete.

Oh, beware that Dabo doesn’t allow any online social stuff so the players can concentrate on winning, where it counts, on the field.

Go TiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just show up in the Valley April 6..

Mar 31, 2019, 9:52 AM

I'm flying in from Colorado, I'm sure a few can drive in with no problem...Go Tigers!!!

Make sure

Mar 31, 2019, 10:28 AM

Mom get s some extra good ""Fried Green Tomatoes"" ___ that could seal the deal !!!!!!!

Re: Make sure - Fried Green Tomatoes

Mar 31, 2019, 1:46 PM

Amen! Nothing much better in the south!! Show mama the love!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can Chik-fil-A put Fried Green Tomatoes on it's menu??

Mar 31, 2019, 10:57 AM

Don't want to miss on this recruit.....LOL

His blood is orange!

Mar 31, 2019, 11:07 AM

If he spends that much time at Clemson, I think he'll have to become a Tiger. It's the place to be.

Love the fact that

Mar 31, 2019, 12:25 PM

The guys who are supposed to be protecting him are reaching out saying they want it to be HIM they want to protect!! Cancel the Oregon trip and become a Tiger!!

Mar 31, 2019, 12:44 PM

Now I am a little worried every single time we go down this road with someone we thought we had almost committed we lose them at the end ie White, Gurley, and Marshall. I know we had our share of wins Watson & Lawrence, but with him having 1 more visit after this one smells fishy to me with all that Nike money floating around that cesspool that is Oregon I won’t come off the the ledge until he’s given a solid commitment & left those darn Quackers in his rear view mirror! Do not have a good feeling about it now!!! Never trust an 18 yr old kid to make the right decision he’s always said after his 1st visit here Clemson was #1 now he wants to wait until after 1 more visit to Oregon I smell a rat that is full of Nike & Phil Knights money!!!!

you should worry

Mar 31, 2019, 1:24 PM

Mar 31, 2019, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Nation's No. 1 QB details multi-day Clemson visit, commitment timeline ]

Lol.. Gurley? Marshall? Why not go back to Herschel Walker, or Doc Blanchard even. Times have changed. At least for us. Not quite the same for 3 star Tech School or the Midlands. You concerns there are probably highly warranted.

Now I am a little worried every single time we go down this road with someone we thought we had almost committed we lose them at the end ie White, Gurley, and Marshall. I know we had our share of wins Watson & Lawrence, but with him having 1 more visit after this one smells fishy to me with all that Nike money floating around that cesspool that is Oregon I won’t come off the the ledge until he’s given a solid commitment & left those darn Quackers in his rear view mirror! Do not have a good feeling about it now!!! Never trust an 18 yr old kid to make the right decision he’s always said after his 1st visit here Clemson was #1 now he wants to wait until after 1 more visit to Oregon I smell a rat that is full of Nike & Phil Knights money!!!!

Mar 31, 2019, 1:53 PM

Do you wipe?

Awesome!!! Go TIGERS!!!***

Mar 31, 2019, 1:00 PM

Excellent use of the graphic arts/media department by the AD

Mar 31, 2019, 1:31 PM

Twitter pic was awesome.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Excellent use of the graphic arts/media department by the AD

Mar 31, 2019, 3:48 PM

Do we have any real shot at this guy? Maybe I'm missing something, but Oregon??? Huh? If this kid wants to play pro ball, how could he even debate for a minute between Clemson and Oregon? I hope he likes incessant rain and cold, cold weather. Did they even break into the top 20 this past season?

Mar 31, 2019, 6:01 PM

Oregon campus is 758 miles from where he lives. Granted, mom is a huge so cal fan. But imo they all have their heads in the right place. Even if Oregon offered nike money, he and mama and dad will not be drawn to that.

They’re looking for the right fit for their son. They can really get to know the guys and the coaches. Mom can get her fried green maters.

Keep in mind, DJ is a huge baseball player too and even last year was trying to decide if he was going to go that route. Anyway, I heard he and sharpe had been chatting too and DJ’s excited to see David pitch Friday. Let’s show em we got baseball too!!!!!

Fill the stands.

Apr 1, 2019, 7:44 PM

And they visited the baseball facilities when they came for the USC game and his dad posted a lot of pics from inside, they were blown away by those, too. One pic showed the bball uniforms with the fb ones!

Mar 10, 2022, 11:23 PM

Come on to Clemson DJ!! Now is the time!! -:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Mar 31, 2019, 10:41 PM

Good times we are living in!

Mar 31, 2019, 10:51 PM

If he's looking for a place to go to church, I'd suggest going to Alive Wesleyan in (very) nearby Central on the campus of my alma mater, Southern Wesleyan University. Since I've moved up here to Pennsylvania things have really grown, but I was there when Tom Harding, the senior pastor, was hired and Alive was just an offshoot of Central First Wesleyan. I went to school with and/or know several folks on staff there and they're phenomenal.

Don't know if he'll ever see this, but I'm proud to be a graduate from SWU and Alive is a really great church. Man, I can't tell you how much I miss Clemson/Central.

What I hear is "let's see where our boy is...

Apr 1, 2019, 6:15 PM

Going to spend the next 4 yrs of his life". He's our's boys!!

Go tigers!

Apr 1, 2019, 10:30 PM

I am not sure where the best fried green tomatoes are in Clemson but in Charleston Pages Orka Grill is hard to beat.
http://www.pagesokragrill.com/

Replies: 68
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic