Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here's what frustrates me.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 877

Here's what frustrates me.

Dec 2, 2013, 11:15 AM

It isn't just losing. I can deal with losing. If we come out and play hard and execute, we're not intimidated, we play confident and we just get beat because the other team was just better that day, I can deal with that.

Example:
The 2012 FSU loss hurt but I could deal with it. The only problem I had with that game was that Morris stopped running the ball in the 3rd quarter and left Boyd like a sitting duck for their Dline. But we played hard, we fought, we executed and they just played better that night.

It's the losses where we shoot ourselves in the foot. The games we should win or have a chance to win and we just have a melt down or brain fart. We come out with no mental preparedness. The last 5 SCUjr games, the FSU game this year, the WVU game. All self inflicted losses due to mental mistakes or intimidation and we fold our tents.

Was SCUjr better all 5 years? Absolutely not. Maybe 1 or 2 but def not this year. Def not 2009. I don't think they were better last year. They make a few plays each year or we make dumb mistakes and then fold our tents.

Was FSU better this year? Maybe. Maybe not. We spotted them 14. We held them to 3 deserved points the first 20-25 minutes and drove to their end 3 or 4 times the first 20-25 minutes. We score points instead of giving them the ball and that's a totally different game. We fought hard only to turn it over or run backwards for 15 yards. Our D fought and backed them up to their goal line and kept us in the game and then they break an 80 yard TD and we folded our tents.

Was WVU better? Maybe. Maybe not. It was a back and forth game and we were about to score. We fumble on the 1 and they run it back. We folded up our tents.

We're consistent at winning games against inferior teams. We're consistent at having good seasons. We're consistent in rankings. We're consistent in Offensive stats. Consistent at recruiting.

We're inconsistent in execution, mental preparedness and overall discipline. This was for every game. Not just FSU and the coots. We all knew that if we made the mistakes that we made against BC and NC State vs FSU and the coots we'd lose. And we did.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: RIGHT***

Dec 2, 2013, 11:21 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson sure does "spot" a lot of points to the opposition

Dec 2, 2013, 11:27 AM

Take away the last 50 fumbles and they're right in the NC picture!

Re: Clemson sure does "spot" a lot of points to the opposition

Dec 2, 2013, 11:30 AM

You gonna try and argue that those games wouldn't have been different with less mental mistakes coot?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2013, 11:32 AM

Stripping the ball out of a players hand is not a mental mistake. It's called good defense

Dec 2, 2013, 11:33 AM

It is a mental mistake. You don't we tried to rip the ball out of coot hands? Securing the ball is mental. Boyd and Humphries didnt'.

The answer is you have to find ways to play more big-time

Dec 2, 2013, 11:28 AM

games. That is a scheduling need. The more you play the better you get playing in pressure-soaked situations. We need to beef up our schedule.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The answer is you have to find ways to play more big-time

Dec 2, 2013, 11:29 AM

Yep. You're right. Until FSU schedules tough opponents every week they'll never go undefeated or beat Florida.

Oh wait....

Even now they are seeking ways of denying FSU the

Dec 2, 2013, 11:33 AM

top because of the "easy schedule they play in the ACC."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Even now they are seeking ways of denying FSU the

Dec 2, 2013, 11:34 AM

That's a totally different argument.

I would take 12-0 at #3 any day of the week over 10-2 and losing to the #### coots...

The point is our schedule has absolutely nothing to do with why we lost to SCUjr. That's worst excuse yet.

Replies: 9
| visibility 877
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic