Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here's the way I see the season and the future...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,899

Here's the way I see the season and the future...

Sep 25, 2014, 4:40 AM

I went into this season thinking it would pretty much follow the scenario which has played out.

It would be a reload year for the Defense but a year of growth for the Offense.

A Running Back by committee really means there is not that 1 special player that has stepped up yet, but out of our crop there will be one or two that I expect to be pretty special by the time they graduate or enter the draft.

But I think this team will transform much like Auburn did. After Cam Newton went pro, they hit a little bit of a slump before clicking on all cylinders, granted, they won 2 games by absolute miracle last year, but they have turned into a strong contender after a year of mediocrity.

In 2012 Auburn was 3-9; winning one of those in overtime against to ULM Warwahks (who???).

Then last year they were 12-2; losing in the National Championship game but winning the SEC title.

I expect Clemson to make a run at it next year and the year following. Not sure what Watson will do his senior year, he may go pro, but he seems to be the type of kid that will graduate and stay the whole time.

So as painful as these 2 losses have been, we still have a shot at a nice season, and most importantly at Carolina. It's a time to find our presence and personality offensively - and though we lost the opener and to FSU, nobody can question that there were flashes of brilliance is both games.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here's the way I see the season and the future...

Sep 25, 2014, 5:21 AM

First off,I went into the season thinking like I allways do;it's a one game at a time scenario.
I have seen Clemson lose games they should win,and win games they should lose.
Second of all I do not make comparisons to other teams.
"WE ARE NOT AUBURN".What they did in 2012,or 2013 has no bearing on what Clemson does.
FSU winning the National Championship last year might have some impact because of recruitng.
As far as next year,I expect Clemson to be competitive,but I don't have a crystal ball to predict what will be the outcome.
As far as this season,anything less than 9-3 will be ,imo,a diaster.And you got to beat Carolina.
No Clemson coach has ever lost 6 in a row to the coots,even if they are having the best teams they have ever fielded.
Now,as to the 2 losses this year,I will make exceptions for the UGA game as neither team really knew what to expect going in.
However,there is no excuses for what happened in Tallahassee.We gave that game away.Period.

Re: Here's the way I see the season and the future...

Sep 25, 2014, 5:44 AM

?Still upset ....5 days later.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

We're losing too many lineman on both sides of the ball

Sep 25, 2014, 6:40 AM

after this year. Jarret, Williams, Watson, Crawford, Beasley on D, and Davis and Beasley on O will be gone. Throw in the loss of Anthony and next year seems like a struggle to me.

I know we have some great recruits coming in but the OL recruits won't contribute next year except maybe Hyatt.

I think we're two years away from any kind of serious run.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We're losing too many lineman on both sides of the ball

Sep 25, 2014, 8:50 AM

IF you look at the O line and D line they'll be ok Dabo is building a dynasty here look very closely and think to yourself with the talent he has on the sideline and why they can't contribute today. Dabo knows better than anyone else that if you look at all of our starters with the exception of some guys in the secondary and on offense there may be 2 total 3-5 star players ie Anthony, and Steward. Dabo is going to unload next year and it will be a completely different ball team. Also when Tyshone Dye returns will have a Todd Gurley type back this year.

In sheer numbers the OL and DL won't be as good next

Sep 25, 2014, 10:37 AM

year. I know Watkins and Reader will start at DT with Pagano and Dodd backing them, but no way we're as good upfront with who we are losing on D.

We lose, arguably, our two best OL in Davis and Beasley. The incoming freshmen OL won't contribute for two, maybe 3 years, except for Hyatt.

I hope Dye gets healthy and returns but comparing him with Gurley is laugable at this point.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,899
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic