Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here's the problem with Maryland that some are not getting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Here's the problem with Maryland that some are not getting

Nov 21, 2012, 11:20 AM

The problem isn't Maryland leaving. Who cares about Maryland leaving? Them off the schedule probably increases are SOS by default The problem comes in with the precedent that it sets as well as the adding of yet another basketball school to empower tobacco road even more.

When teams started leaving the big east it snowballed. The big east started adding teams from confusa and mac/wac teams, dropping their prestige even more. Then more teams leave.

Sure the ACC can add basketball powers and satisfy tobacco road and the other schools who couldn't careless about their football. However, this is not good for Clem, FSU, Miami, VT and GT. Miami will stay put for now. Their scandal is too much to worry about as is. FSU is a timebomb waiting to go off, GT would be in the B1G at the first blink by their commish and VT I'm sure is meeting about this whole deal.

Our BOT seems to be wanting to play footsies with Swofford and ND under the round table. I really don't get it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UMD is a founding member that left AFTER an increased

Nov 21, 2012, 11:27 AM

buyout and assurances of stability with ND

huge precedent

the buyout means nothing

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

what our your sources saying?***

Nov 21, 2012, 11:29 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FAT TAX NOW!

Now thats funny***

Nov 21, 2012, 11:41 AM

Clemson to Big 12 by December, MARK IT DOWN***

Nov 21, 2012, 12:31 PM [ in reply to what our your sources saying?*** ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

their 'no' vote was prior to nd. why do you think that was

Nov 21, 2012, 11:55 AM [ in reply to UMD is a founding member that left AFTER an increased ]

york?

do you think this all took place a few days ago?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no... but if it was going on for a while.... and I think it

Nov 21, 2012, 11:57 AM

was...

why not announce before they raised the fee?

The fact they didn't tells me that they knew the fee would be meaningless. If they thought they would actually have to pay it, they would have announced prior.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

because of the due dilligence? perhaps they were told to

Nov 21, 2012, 12:18 PM

to get their house in order before the bigXish could accept?

there's many very good business reasons beyond your usual dudespeak yorkie.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and i do agree about the fee, as meaningless as gor... both

Nov 21, 2012, 12:27 PM [ in reply to no... but if it was going on for a while.... and I think it ]

negotiable.

You are right and when the music stops playing....

Nov 21, 2012, 12:43 PM [ in reply to UMD is a founding member that left AFTER an increased ]

we better pray our leadership has us a seat in a football conference. People that aren't concerned abt the terps leaving have lost their minds.

Everyone needs to read this ^^^

Nov 21, 2012, 11:29 AM

You explained the situation very well.

I say it has little or nothing to do with tobacco road ....

Nov 21, 2012, 11:33 AM

or basketball and everything to do with who is available in a part of the country where we want to be and meets an academic requirement. Even coach K admits that football is the "bell cow". However, I share your concerns otherwise.

Agree for the most part

Nov 21, 2012, 12:06 PM

however, I am not 100% certain that Clemson's only way out is to cling to FSU. Clemson will be attractive to other conferences if the ACC were to fall apart. And just think, there are no exit fees for a conference that doesn't exist any longer!

Re: Agree for the most part

Nov 21, 2012, 12:28 PM

Clemson doesn't have near the tv viewers around the country that FSU has. I stand by what I said about clinging to FSU....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agree for the most part

Nov 21, 2012, 1:00 PM [ in reply to Agree for the most part ]

While Clemson may be attractive, if the ACC crumbles or at best moves towards Big East irrelevancy, Clemson may be left with no where to go but to sit in a basketball conference saying "thank you sir, may I have another?" if the big conferences have already filled their open slots.

I thought we were already on the same page with this

Nov 21, 2012, 12:49 PM

The only conference Clemson would leave the ACC for is the SEC, and that is not going to happen. Therefore it is important that Clemson helps the ACC become as strong as possible. Thankfully the people in leadership positions here know that.

you sound like chicken little ...

Nov 21, 2012, 1:52 PM

lol

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic