Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here's the Herbstreit link with over the top Dabo criticism
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

Here's the Herbstreit link with over the top Dabo criticism

Jan 10, 2017, 10:01 PM

I thought he went too far in the criticism.

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=18446462

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here's the Herbstreit link with over the top Dabo criticism

Jan 10, 2017, 10:28 PM

So who knows what Galloway said?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2017, 10:29 PM

Jan 10, 2017, 10:30 PM

Nm I see the tiny play link, thanks.

If someone called Herby a fraud....think he might respond?***

Jan 10, 2017, 10:40 PM

I do think he went a little too far but I also think

Jan 11, 2017, 4:19 AM

he's got a bit of a point. While I agree with David calling out Cowherd you just can't have a problem with everybody that simply picks against you. In Dabo's defense I think most of it stems from the years of using the term "Clemsoning". I just hope now it all dies down a little.

You lessen the words of some of those who picked Bama.

Jan 11, 2017, 6:59 AM

They didn't just believe that Bama was going to win but they defended their position with such passion they reverted to proclamations which I considered an offensive. Joey and Spittin-Stephen A Smith spent all their time using the same rhetoric which had pushed the SEC to the top of popular polls for over a decade minus using the term we do not use.

I've never listened to a Cowherd show but assuming that Dabo is not prone to lying I'm guessing Cowherd called Clemson a fraud. That is caustic and rips my hide. Everyone of those sumbiches used the 'C lemsoning,' term long after we started beating top teams. Check the records. If that doesn't bother you then you just aren't a Clemson Fan.

Everyone has the right to say whatever they want about any public figure. Many men have died to ensure that right. But, if you're going to attack someone and level a verbal attack on them just to earn your living entertaining folks you should be ready to get what you give without crying foul.

ESPiN talkers, op-ed columnist and actors are just entertainment. They thrive on headlines and public attention. Their opinions are just opinions but when they declare their opinion as news, presenting those opinions as fact, they are liars. They seldom qualify opinion as opinion, blurring the lines between fact and opinion is a form of lie which has become common. It's called politics.

When one's opinion is wrong, all is forgiven. When you present your opinion as fact and you find yourself wrong you are a liar. Clemson is not a fraud. We are the National Champions. Cowherd is in fact a fraud for declaring Clemson a fraud. Herbie is also for taking sides with the primary aggressor in this instance.

Herbie has been kind on occasions toward us. Why he would criticize Dabo's defending of that and those whom he loves and has sworn to defend against the world is beyond me. All ESPiN talking heads have lost their identities, Herbie is just another entertainer defending those whom he loves, other entertainers. Has-beens and wannabes, I can't say which I respect the least but it's probably not Herbie. Right now I'm leaning toward Joey, Spitin-Steven and Colin.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't listen to Galloway's rant, but I trust those

Jan 11, 2017, 9:24 AM

did and reported that he was both animated and boisterous in his critique of Clemson, to the point of disrespect. Now, no one plays the disrespect card better than Dabo. And, as fans, we're grateful to whichever"expert" fuels our fire.

I'm going to have to agree with Herbstreit to a point, however. I love Dabo. In my humble but accurate opinion, he's the perfect guy for Clemson. But I do think the disrespect card should be played in front of the team and not to the media, unless there has been some kind of unfair personal attack levied against a player or coach.

It's like saying act like you've been there. We're on top of the world. There's no need for any expression of insecurity. Herbstreit referenced the uphill struggle Dabo has faced and attributed his reaction to a deep sense of insecurity. I have to agree that it does look like that.

Save it for motivating the team. Publicly, act like you've been there before.

BTW, he had been there before.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Galloway used his podium to punk Clemson. Dabo called him on

Jan 11, 2017, 9:34 AM

it. Herbie has the butt hurt. Big frick'n deal.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Referencing our detractors in general is one thing

Jan 11, 2017, 9:49 AM

Calling Galloway out by name is another. It does give an appearance of insecurity. Dabo is the new king. I'd like him to act less like Trump. And before I get flamed big time for that, we're all going to get very tired of Trump's Twitter wars with anyone who dares to criticize him. Heck, he might tweet about that idiot tigernet poster, David78--WHAT A LOSER! Does he really not have better things to do than tweet crap like he does?

Dabo has silenced the critics. He doesn't need any more retribution than taking home the prize. Especially since Saban was afraid to play him within the rules. He had his thugs doing a hatchet job on our skill and we STILL BEAT THEM. Seems like a complete vindication to me.

Message was edited by: David78®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Dabo is still raw from the beating he took from...

Jan 11, 2017, 9:46 AM [ in reply to I didn't listen to Galloway's rant, but I trust those ]

sites and writers when he was hired. Some Clemson fans spewed as much venom toward Dabo as the national media did. Finebaum said 'We laughed at Clemson for hiring him.' That laughter embarrassed me and other Clemson fans, some of whom lashed out at the innocent rather than those laughing. I completely agree with Dabo on this. He's earned the right to stomp the life out of insects who buzz around and distract his players and fans. Yes, that's how I view the media who subscribe to sensationalism to get attention.

I guess it's how I was raised.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll have to say that is how I likely would act

Jan 11, 2017, 9:55 AM

I just think Dabo should be better than me. ??

Hypocritical

Jan 11, 2017, 7:44 AM [ in reply to I do think he went a little too far but I also think ]

I can't criticize you but you can criticize me?
The media is free to say what they want?

There is a difference in picking against a team and calling a team a fraud.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

It is one thing to say we didn't belong in the playoff

Jan 11, 2017, 9:52 AM [ in reply to I do think he went a little too far but I also think ]

It is another to call Clemson a fraud. Harsh words will be met with a harsh rebuttal when they are proven wrong.

CC didn't pick against us - he called us a fraud. HUGE

Jan 11, 2017, 12:10 PM [ in reply to I do think he went a little too far but I also think ]

difference.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Sounds like the media has a little sand in their crack

Jan 11, 2017, 6:14 AM

and now that Dabo mentioned it, they are all offended. Coaches do need to be mature but Dabo is also a grown man who has done WAY more than Herby has in college football. I generally like Herby but his comments here sound like he is trying to defend the media. I mean you tell me Journalists on TNet...how appropriate is it of Herby to call a coach immature for some really vanilla comments? I guess we should all wish Dabo was like Saban....are you kidding me? Saban acts like a 4 year old who lost his sucker, but all I hear Herby do is praise him.

Just lost a lot of respect for Herby.

Well stated... Herbie just showed his media 'elitist' side..

Jan 11, 2017, 9:06 AM

Nicki would have gotten a pass. Deep down, these pundits know that Clemson's accession isn't going to retract anytime soon and considering CFP victories over Meyer and Saban, Dabo's rise to the top is uncomfortable for some... especially at 'little ole Clemson'.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All Coach Swinney did was throw CC's words against his program back at him.

Jan 11, 2017, 6:34 AM

So they can dish it out but can't take it?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All Coach Swinney did was throw CC's words against his program back at him.

Jan 11, 2017, 7:17 AM

Cowherd was very complimentary and gracious after Dabo's remarks. He admits his style is over the top and at the time Clemson was not performing but the last few games, especially the shutout changed his opinion.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boom!! Exactly.

Jan 11, 2017, 7:40 AM [ in reply to All Coach Swinney did was throw CC's words against his program back at him. ]

I listened to all of it.

Herbie was a little butt hurt. But who cares?

Dabo called a man what that man called him and his family.

Where I come from, Dabo went easy on him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2017, 7:43 AM

I have no problem with what Herbstreit said. Dabo's words can't defend Clemson anymore than our performance on the football field. We look bigger for just ignoring the noise and proving it on the field.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nah. that's probably about right. He says Dabo's a great

Jan 11, 2017, 8:13 AM

coach but it looks kind of petit to go after journalists as though you've been saving up some kind of grievance. He didn't go after him for the Cowherd crap, which I think he probably would feel was deserved, but the fact Dabo was worried about something Joey Galloway said--that apparently Galloway couldn't even remember saying--is kind of silly. I understand where that comes from, though. Dabo comes from the school of hard knocks, and he's especially sensitive to people who may think he or his team in any way haven't earned what they've got.

Jan 11, 2017, 8:44 AM

It's a fair criticism...I think Dabo (and many of our fans) are a little too thin-skinned sometimes. I think it is ok to use what people say as locker room material to get your players fired up...but otherwise it shouldn't be taken personally. Even the Cowherd thing...I don't like the guy, but he's just doing his job. Do you think he gets ratings (whatever they may be) by being noncontroversial? I respect Herbstreit a lot and he has carried the water for Clemson since the Tommy Bowden days. So, instead of jumping all over him, I think we (and Dabo) should actually take heed of what he has to say....

I wouldn't want you beside me in a barroom brawl...Frack'im.***

Jan 11, 2017, 9:09 AM

Jan 11, 2017, 8:51 AM

Kirk was being fair. Dabo needs to evolve like everyone needs to evolve

My god, what a bunch panty wads... Evolve? To what?

Jan 11, 2017, 9:16 AM

Just cave to whatever the media says or Herbie's 'asstute' opinion...? They said it; they should own it. They'd darn sure claim it if they'd been right, wouldn't they? If anything, he just gave them some press, which is basically all they care about anyway.

Message was edited by: SOLOS®

He has a point. I agree with Dabo going after Cowherd

Jan 11, 2017, 9:36 AM

but beyond that I didn't hear anything out of bounds from any other journalist/broadcaster. I'm glad he's proud of what he's built but now that he's won the natty is time to give the disrespect a rest

Re: He has a point. I agree with Dabo going after Cowherd

Jan 11, 2017, 9:44 AM

There really was nothing wrong with Herbie's remarks...he's been very supportive of Clemson, but his critique wasn't offensive in the least.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo looked silly calling Cowherd

Jan 11, 2017, 9:58 AM

Out. You can't respond to every idiot who picks against you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At a parent would you let a national syndicated program...

Jan 11, 2017, 10:04 AM

...call your kids "frauds" without saying anything? Wow, just wow.

He called the Clemson program a fraud which is primarily comprised of 18 - 21 year old kids in college working hard to earn a degree and play a sport they love. I think Dabo calling him out is what a loving protective parent would do and in many ways Dabo is a parental figure and mentor to these kids. He loves them and he ain't gonna let it go.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That would, indeed, constitute an unfair personal attack on

Jan 11, 2017, 10:12 AM

a player. I don't see how Cowherd's remark was all that. He was making his case that Clemson didn't belong in the playoff. It wasn't a character assassination, just a foolish and overstated opinion that, as it turns out, made him look pretty stupid.

Grow some skin.***

Jan 11, 2017, 10:55 AM [ in reply to At a parent would you let a national syndicated program... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ clueless.***

Jan 11, 2017, 11:19 AM

It wasn't a matter of him picking against us.

Jan 11, 2017, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Dabo looked silly calling Cowherd ]

Please try to understand the facts before jumping straight into the unsubstantiated devil's advocate role.

Said we and other teams were frauds and picked us to lose.***

Jan 11, 2017, 11:27 AM

So yeah, it wasn't just a matter of Coward picking against

Jan 11, 2017, 11:34 AM

us. If it were then Dabo missed calling out several million people.

Re: So yeah, it wasn't just a matter of Coward picking against

Jan 11, 2017, 12:03 PM

You wonder why the players would run through a wall for him........this is why. Doesnt really matter if you like it. Go pull for virginia or Illinois and you won't have to worry about it

Another supporter of the liberal media/press crying because

Jan 11, 2017, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Dabo looked silly calling Cowherd ]

someone dares to speak the truth and calls them out. Let's just all bury our heads in the sand. Go Dabo, Go Trump.

Re: Another supporter of the liberal media/press crying because

Jan 11, 2017, 12:29 PM

If you say something about me or my family, you better be ready. I bite my tongue for the most part, but at some point you better be ready when I lose my patience. I think there is a silent majority that is tired of this one way crap going on (little off topic but all falls under what's going on today).

Jan 11, 2017, 12:47 PM

I like herbstreit, but he is a media member so he is going to take the side of the media. How is it perfectly fine to call Dabo and his players frauds, but not ok for Dabo to defend himself? That's a joke.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2017, 12:48 PM

Also not to mention that we never get the respect. We have been the dog in every playoff game that we have played, and we are 3-1

BS - if you're making a case as to why any team

Jan 11, 2017, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Dabo looked silly calling Cowherd ]

shouldn't be in the playoff or is going to lose in the playoff, then make that case. You don't come out and call someone a fraud or other names. If you do, expect a backlash from those you're throwing at...

do we have the video Kannell

Jan 11, 2017, 10:27 AM

Is speaking of? Was it a negative comment or a playful, tell Galloway thanks?

He is certainly referring to Joey picking Bama for the game and doing it a smug haha manner.....

He said he was picking Clemson and then laughed and said JK, going with bama.....it was likely a perfect thing for Dabo to show his guys right before the game.

That chip on his shoulder is part of what makes Dabo great ....just who he is.

First of all, 31-0

Jan 11, 2017, 11:04 AM

As for Joey Galloway, he was literally yelling at the others on the panel (of whatever ESPN show he's a part of) about Deshaun's interceptions and Alabama's defense. I thought he was going to jump over the desk and throw punches. I could hear him still yelling something about Bama as the show was ending and he was off camera.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jan 11, 2017, 12:11 PM

Eff them all and what they think. We got the trophy from big bad Bama and they can't stand it. They can't stand that after all is said and done the ACC is the best conference in college football this year.I have no problem with what Dabo said. Picking us to lose is one thing labeling us a fraud is inexcusible. EFF the media!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic