Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here's my take on everything
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Here's my take on everything

Dec 9, 2012, 4:13 PM

-Chad will not be an OC at another school before he becomes a HC. No school will ever pay the $6.5 mil buyout, not even a school like Texas.
-Venables will not a DC at another school before becoming a HC. Buyout isn't as much as Chad's, but it just won't happen.
-The Dabo bashers will never change their opinion of him...never. They care more about bashing our head coach than pulling for Clemson (yes I just said that).
-When Chad leaves, we'll be just fine. We will get a suitable replacement. We know what scheme we want to run and we have the players to run it. The big thing with Dabo and Napier was the difference in scheme ideas. Dabo learned, made the change, now we're on the straightaway to consistency.
-Very impressed with Dan Radakovich (so far). Sure nothing groundbreaking has happened but his desire to speed up facilities enhancements is a great start.
-Last night at Littlejohn was a good start. We need better crowds at the basketball games, and as we continue to improve, we will see that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree on everything, although I don't think I have an

Dec 9, 2012, 4:18 PM

opinion yet about DRad. Time will tell. Definitely agree that both CM and BV will leave to become HCs, not coordinators. I'd bet BV will succeed Ol' Bill at KSU.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Here's my take on everything

Dec 9, 2012, 4:18 PM

You left out two very important takes;
We are still in a creme puff league for football,
and as long as John Swofford is still Commissioner,Tobacco Road will still rule basketball.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is there such a thing as "Dabo basher bashers"?

Dec 9, 2012, 4:19 PM

and are they good guys or bad guys? I'm confused.

Dabobasherbasherbashers=Rubberbabybuggybumpers.***

Dec 9, 2012, 7:55 PM

Agreed - but don't have an opinion about DR yet.***

Dec 9, 2012, 4:28 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Yea, Dabo can do no wrong. Not even 5,6,7 losses to coots***

Dec 9, 2012, 4:48 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: Yea, Dabo can do no wrong. Not even 5,6,7 losses to coots***

Dec 9, 2012, 5:21 PM

Who says I'm content with losing to the Coots? Don't overthink a general statement that had nothing to do with the Coots. I don't accept anything but excellence however as bad as this world is, looking on the brightside is necessary to maintaining sanity. 10 wins is 10 wins and 50 years from now no one will look at the schedule.

You are, right now, accepting less than excellence.

Dec 10, 2012, 11:36 AM

I don't give a #### whether the glass is half full or half empty...because I want it to be full.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very positive n I admire your ability to be somewhat content

Dec 9, 2012, 5:02 PM

with being a loss for anybody that's not in the top 15 except maybe Northern Illinois.

I'm sure we can find someone more attractive to recruits than Chad Morris.

Dec 9, 2012, 5:28 PM

well, I think you just answered my post question......lol

Regarding the crowds at Littlejohn

Dec 9, 2012, 5:31 PM

Fans can never be "begged" into filling an arena or a stadium. Few people go to a game and cheers out of loyalty. They go because there is an expectation of winning. Why do fans camp out at Duke to get basketball tickets, but you can hear the crickets chirping at the football stadium? Why is the reverse true at Clemson? Winning. If the football team wins, the stadium will be full. If the basketball team wins, Littlejohn will be full. Winning covers a multitude of sins. Just win baby, and the crowds will take care of themselves.

I disagree

Dec 9, 2012, 5:32 PM

the Dabo bashers will disappear once he beats USUC and good teams. If Chad leaves we will struggle again like we did when we lost Rich Rod.

Re: I disagree

Dec 10, 2012, 9:43 AM

I think you are lacking on the amount of anti-dabo posters on here. these guys will never get over not hiring their "name coach" chioce for a head coach even tho most of their choices (Paul Johnson, Butch Davis, etc.) have not been world-beaters........

ACC, B1G, Big XII, or SEC?***

Dec 9, 2012, 7:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2012, 7:37 PM

disagree....you don't think schools like an Arkansas, Texas, Bama, OU, etc would hesitate over a buyout? Plus a buyout was be paid over a number of years and not at one time (for the most part)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2012, 8:17 PM

That's not everything.

Add one more. The lovers of Dabo will attack any post about

Dec 9, 2012, 10:12 PM

Dabo that is not ultra positive even if it's true.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Add one more. The lovers of Dabo will attack any post about

Dec 9, 2012, 10:19 PM

You don't like Dabo, we get it. We don't want to see Dabo being trashed in public by folks claim to be Clemson fans but admit they flunked out and had to resort to USCS for their paper.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hate it when I feel like i've missed something but..

Dec 9, 2012, 10:23 PM

.. she certainly has a right to her opinion.

Believe me, you have missed NOTHING!! Just consider

Dec 9, 2012, 11:50 PM

yourself lucky.

Dabo is not equal to Clemson

Dec 10, 2012, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Add one more. The lovers of Dabo will attack any post about ]

he is simply the paid professional who happens to be the coach right now. You might be sick of people trashing Dabo, I'm sick of Dabo trashing Clemson by losing any game against good competition.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trashed? There are valid criticisms to be made

Dec 10, 2012, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Add one more. The lovers of Dabo will attack any post about ]

about his coaching ability, especially in the game management department. Nobody is attacking Dabo's character. He's a public figure at a public university getting paid a #### ton of money to coach football. He's not made of glass, FFS.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2012, 12:00 AM

The Dabo bashers will never change their opinion of him...never. They care more about bashing our head coach than pulling for Clemson (yes I just said that)

That statement is false in every way. The "Dabo bashers" are alumni, students and Clemson fans that have been around the program for a lot longer than Dabo and care about the Clemson football program's legacy. Dabo will be gone at some point like all the coaches but the program legacy will last. If Dabo racks up a few more losses to the coots, he will have diminished our program's history. The 70 pts we gave up in the Orange bowl was not only an embarrassment but it is a dubious record we now hold....thanks to his hiring of Steele after pushing out the DC before Steele who actually wasn't too bad. Oh...but he promoted Napier. I don't give a rip about Dabo...just the program. And all the celebrating about this year's 10 wins over a down ACC while losing a 4th time to the coots...yipee. Let's see how we stack up against LSU and then Georgia. If we win at least 1 of those it shows positive movement. If we lose both and then beat Duke, etc...that's not much program progress in my book. Again..I don't give a rip about Dabo other than he is our coach and is paid very well to deliver results. Dabo will be gone at some point just like Chad and BV. If he leaves us losing to the coots 5 or 6 times, that legacy will remain.
So, it's not about bashing Dabo or not. It's about what needs to be done to deliver results. Maybe we need a big name coach for our next hire and not someone with no experience.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those same people, I'm assuming you as well

Dec 10, 2012, 9:54 AM

clamored for an ACC title and 10 wins....which he's gotten us to.

Even Bowden would have won the ACC last year.

Dec 10, 2012, 11:49 AM

Hell, we had three Bowden-esque performances in the last four games, four out of five if you count Wake.

Dec 10, 2012, 10:13 AM

i get so sick of hearing about "losing to the coots",which sounds just as ignorant as them calling us "taters" btw. if it was easy beating top 10 teams everyone would do it. im not sure most of you realize all those years we were beating there brains in it was because they flat out sucked. well they dont suck now, they are at the pinnacle of their program and thats something that coach ford never had to deal with. nobody likes it and neither do i, and we have to get to that next level but coach swinney has a passion for this university and so far has proven he can hire and recruit. btw, were not hiring saban or myers anytime soon.

Here's where I think you're wrong.

Dec 10, 2012, 11:23 AM

Chad Morris isn't just a coach with a good scheme. He can develop the hell out of quarterbacks, and manages a well-rounded offense that make plays from anywhere on the field.

Player development and X's and O's are two areas where our HC underperforms. If we lose Chad Morris, I think we already know which direction this program will take---a return to the Napier/Steele days where we have lots of talent, but little to show for it.

For more proof, just see the Chizik/Malzahn saga at Auburn.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic