Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, what was the MAIN change that caused the ticket issue??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

So, what was the MAIN change that caused the ticket issue??

Oct 10, 2017, 8:57 AM

10 years ago these issues didn't exist or weren't as noticeable if they did and we were a consistent 7-9 win team. I'm not talking about the leaving early issue b/c that's always been and always will be an issue since the students can't wait another hour or so to get their alcohol fix.

-was getting rid of camping out for tickets the main cause?
-block seating??

there's so many sides of the story floating around I'm trying to grasp what the actual issue is.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson won a nc

Oct 10, 2017, 9:00 AM

Anyway..
They should treat students like iptay members.

Every ones puts in a request. Iptay hands out tickets based on priority until they run out.

Seniors get top priority. fraties get bottom.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Fratties Do Like Gettin Each Other's Bottoms***

Oct 10, 2017, 9:03 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^GDI^^^***

Oct 10, 2017, 9:03 AM [ in reply to Clemson won a nc ]

Depends who you ask...

Oct 10, 2017, 9:05 AM

Dabo blamed the Fire Marshall,

the students blame the ticket office, and

the ticket office blames student government.

I suspect the truth lies somewhere in the middle

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Too easy to get tickets

Oct 10, 2017, 9:09 AM

The students complain becasue they can not all stand together, but the real issue is that you request on the computer and do not have to go get them.

This makes people that are not invested in the process getting tickets.

It is all leading up the athletic department saying the wrong people are getting tickets and we need to sell them to make sure the people that want them get them. It is a done deal

That's easy to fix...

Oct 10, 2017, 9:11 AM

If a student takes a ticket but doesn't show up/scan-in and they don't return it for someone else to use, they get automatically and permanently moved to the Wednesday "last chance" ticket distribution day (where there are generally no tickets remaining anyway). This way, students aren't completely precluded from at least trying to get tickets but for practical purposes, being moved to Wednesday, the likelihood of getting tickets is remote at best.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unless the Fire Marshall's process changed.........

Oct 10, 2017, 9:09 AM [ in reply to Depends who you ask... ]

since the auburn game I can't buy that excuse b/c the hill was packed for Auburn or any other big game for that matter.

The ticket office specifically said....

Oct 10, 2017, 9:15 AM

they reduced the number of available Hill tickets by 600 because of an injury that occurred during the Notre Dame game a couple of years ago.

However, there are still 3,000 Hill tickets available and it still looked pretty full for the Auburn game.

yes, the hill has been filled in big games since then

Oct 10, 2017, 9:20 AM

key word is big games..........that to me rids the fire marshall or safety team or whatever you wanna call them of any "blame" for the issue

The key is...

Oct 10, 2017, 9:30 AM

to get on-line about ten to fifteen minutes before the lottery opens which for Collegiate Club members is 5:00 on Sundays and for Seniors, it's 5:00 on Monday's.

My daughter is a junior and has gotten a lower deck ticket to every game with no problems.

Sorry...no pigs of said daughter.

Here's my opinion...

Oct 10, 2017, 9:19 AM

#1. Lottery System is a killer.

Spoke with a friend's brother who is a Senior Collegiate Club member. He got snubbed 3 games in a row... Auburn, BC, and Wake.

Basically all students will put in for the lottery because, hey, why not... it's easy. So you have people getting tickets who may or may not go to the game. They just want to have the option of going.

#2. All of our games are televised, and large HD TV's are the norm at tailgates. A few years ago, Clemson vs Wake wouldn't be on ESPN. Everyone brings their 50 inch HD to the tailgate, so might as well just watch the "boring" Wake 2nd half at the tailgate. (And with passouts, you can go back in to watch the ending if it gets interesting.)

#3. Student seating is Gen Admin so you can sit with all your buddies as long as they didn't get upper deck tickets in the lottery.

#4. Passouts are a huge issue because it's very tempting not to come back for the 2nd half. Got your buddies, beer, and a nice 50 inch HD. So if it's not a big game, students just hang out.

If your friends brother is a senior...

Oct 10, 2017, 9:25 AM

and he "gets snubbed" on the Sunday when Collegiate members request tickets, he can still request a ticket on Monday with the Seniors so he has two opportunities to get a ticket.

You are correct. And it failed him 3 games in a row.

Oct 10, 2017, 9:26 AM

Pretty crazy unlucky, I know.

He bought tickets to all 3 of those games and stayed the whole game. Broken system.

what was the reasoning for the lottery being implemented??***

Oct 10, 2017, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Here's my opinion... ]

That was the SGA's suggestion....

Oct 10, 2017, 9:27 AM

and the ticket office basically said, if that's what you want, you got it.

Be careful what you ask for; you just might get it.

Frankly, I don't think the lottery is the problem.

Re: That was the SGA's suggestion....

Oct 10, 2017, 9:41 AM

The lottery may not be the problem but it is the root cause of the problems. Students who camp out for tickets are invested. Students who sign in online from there bed put in no more effort than those who would show up on the last day of a camp out and expect tickets.

null

That's easy to fix...

Oct 10, 2017, 9:47 AM

If a student takes a ticket but doesn't show up/scan-in and they don't return it for someone else to use, they get automatically and permanently moved to the Wednesday "last chance" ticket distribution day (where there are generally no tickets remaining anyway). This way, students aren't completely precluded from at least trying to get tickets but for practical purposes, being moved to Wednesday, the likelihood of getting tickets is remote at best.

The lottery is the biggest problem. People are getting tix

Oct 10, 2017, 9:50 AM [ in reply to That was the SGA's suggestion.... ]

who wouldn't put the time in to get tickets if it wasn't so easy.

If you had to make any sacrifice at all, you would weed out at least 1,000 or so.

Re: what was the reasoning for the lottery being implemented??***

Oct 10, 2017, 9:49 AM [ in reply to what was the reasoning for the lottery being implemented??*** ]

People complained.

The problem is that students can come up with "legitimate" concerns that the school can't ignore even if their motive is petty inconvenience. You don't like camping for tickets? Tell the school that you are missing important academic classes trying to get tickets to football games. Is it true? Not if you have a group of friends and can make a spreadsheet. Can you make it true to prove a point? Absolutely.

Don't like the fact that you have to wait in a physical line for distribution? Tell the school that later in the season at 7 am it's too cold to have students camping/standing in line for hours. Is it true? Not if you bring a jacket. Can you wear shorts and a tank and freeze to feed your narrative? Sure.

So the end result is the school caves into these demands and employs this online system that doesn't reward dedicated fans in the same way as camping did.

Re: Here's my opinion...

Oct 10, 2017, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Here's my opinion... ]

You are totally correct. I talked to a female student Sunday who admits to not being a football fan. She got on line and got a ticket (no effort required). She went with a friend to the game and then left after the first quarter.....just wanted to do other stuff. if there was any effort required she would not have gotten one. Some student that cares that didn't get one would have had their fanny in that seat. live and learn ticket office.

Re: So, what was the MAIN change that caused the ticket issue??

Oct 10, 2017, 9:32 AM

Just give em free gm tickets and block off the hill to whatever section they are in now (Cage em in). first come first serve. no saving seats get there early, get a seat

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2017, 9:54 AM

This. Regular ticket distribution is the same, but the hill is first come, first serve with a student ID (no ticket required). Once the hill fills up you stop letting non-ticketed students into the stadium. If you got in without a ticket for the hill and you leave at halftime, your ticket is back up for grabs for any student to come take. Solves a number of issues at once. I'm sure there's a scan-in-scan-out software that would make this feasible (if they're not already using one).

Message was edited by: hrigsby®

Oct 10, 2017, 10:39 AM

https://realnewsaustralia.com/2013/08/09/the-hegelian-dialectic-and-its-use-in-controlling-modern-society/

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic