Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here's my most cringey story of
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Here's my most cringey story of

Aug 24, 2020, 11:28 AM

trying to bang. This is a long post and probably doesn't warrant so many words, but I needed to relive this so as to remind myself of what to NEVER do.

On Christmas break of my freshman year in college, I had a party at my house. One of my friends (we'll call her Claire) went to a different campus and had made new friends while on the cheerleading squad, so I told her to bring her party to my party and we'd kid of mix it up a little bit. Sure enough, Claire brought over no less than 6 (it might have been 7, in addition to Claire), good looking thots for a night of revelry.

We had a good time. We drank beer, went mud-slinging out in the country (drinking and driving, classic), shot off our guns (several of whom were from out-of-state and had never even seen a gun) for the lulz, just raised some general hell. Good clean fun. My ragtag team of redneck buddies and I were doing pretty well with the former prom queen types. A couple of the guys got their D sucked by one ##### or another (I lost track of em) in their pick-up trucks. But I didn't. And I wouldn't. And this is where the sad song starts.

At some point in the night, I managed to get into a frenzied face-sucking battle with the unequivocally hottest/coolest chick of the group. We'll call her Amy. She laughed at my jokes, complimented my shirtless abs (those were the days), danced like it was her last night on earth. Think of a blonde Fiona Galahger type but classier a little hotter. Taller too. Anyway, I'm pretty sure she wanted to get it in. We was vibing all night.

Despite having hit it off with her, the girls had to leave late into the night for some reason. I wasn't sure at the time if Amy was just a drunk thing, or a liking each other thing. So I tried to get her number. Apparently (blackout), my phone was dead when we exchanged numbers, so I had to put it in my buddy's phone. To this day, I'm still not sure what in the #### I typed in, but it was not the right number (it didn't look like a phone number at all).

When Spring semester started and I went back to my own campus, Claire told me that Amy REALLY was digging it and she wanted me to call her. I figure instead of asking my friend for the number and flat out calling like an adult would, that I would try and finesse my way around and be "casual" about it so as to not try too hard. Did I succeed? You be the judge.

I fired up the old Facebook.com (in the days before Messenger) and was determined to hit Amy's DMs with all the pick up artistry and finesse I could muster.

For what seemed like hours, I typed out long, drawn out messages thanking her for her time (lol), telling her I'm hoping she got home safe (obviously she did), saying we should grab supper next time we're both in the same city again, etc. Lame shit. It was pretty much a bunch of seemingly endless permutations of trying to write the same text the PERFECT way so as to position myself for the best success.

I'd send a 400-word DM to her, then read it, then delete it for fear that it wasn't "good" enough of a message to kick things off in a non-party/non-drunken context. I must have sent and deleted that message, in some variety, 20+ times. Not joking :( . I was reaching neurotic levels of obsession over how to handle this encounter, and it was all just kind of spilling out into my computer keyboard. I guess that's how hot and cool this girl was is what I'm trying to say. I did NOT want to mess it up!

She never responded, which I thought was pretty weird seeing as how Claire said I had the greenlight. Whatever.

So, this is where the evolving technology betrayed me. I goofed by not accounting for the fact that Amy had SMS text messages enabled for Facebook messages. So even though the read-receipt for each iteration of my 20+ messages showed as "not seen", that was a false negative. It later came out that she was getting everyone of the 20+ rambling messages as I was sending them, and was seeing the contents of EVERY message before I was able to delete them. Apparently, she gave up on me "after about the 5th one", according to Claire.

Thing is, I'd never had a lot of trouble with getting girls to like me. But trying the Facebook DM game for the first time was a resounding L . It was literally like the Facebook version of that scene in Swingers where Jon Favreau's character keeps leaving voicemails over and over. The total lack of chill in my approach with this chick is one of the reasons I started smoking weed. I'm serious.

No pigs, because Amy went and got knocked up a few times and it aint the same. They say Jack Bentley was the worst closer of all time, but I have him beat on this one.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^This is what not to do^^^

Aug 24, 2020, 11:36 AM

Cringey af

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here's my most cringey story of

Aug 24, 2020, 11:37 AM

It's a shame she didn't live close by like just down the

Aug 24, 2020, 11:39 AM

hall from you. Then you could have just walked over with your caulk out and been like wassup?

While this beta comment made me know it's true

Aug 24, 2020, 11:41 AM

"A couple of the guys got their D sucked by one ##### or another (I lost track of em) in their pick-up trucks. But I didn't. And I wouldn't. >

This line made me know it's a copy pasta

"She laughed at my jokes, complimented my shirtless abs"

No, this is real.

Aug 24, 2020, 11:42 AM

I swear on the bible. it took me about 15 minutes to write in a way that would make some sort of sense

OK, well then we're going to need pigs of Amy

Aug 24, 2020, 11:46 AM

and Claire for that matter.

We don't care she got knocked up, it's not like we're going to see her roastbeef on hear or anything.

I'll get on buddybook and DM you later if you're

Aug 24, 2020, 11:48 AM

really interested

NA, not unless they're really good.

Aug 24, 2020, 11:49 AM

And in that case, throw in the roast beef pictures.

Re: Here's my most cringey story of

Aug 24, 2020, 11:54 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

in my raunchier days...

Aug 24, 2020, 11:57 AM

when I was in college back before social media and cell phones, I had a similar experience.

Hooked up with a hot chick at a UF frat party. I found out later from a friend who was the TE at UF and I played football with in high school, that she was dating the starting Center at UF.

Anyhow, she sent me a letter after our rondevieux, but I could not read the return address on the envelope. Ahhhhhhhhh!

The End

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reminded me of a much less cringey thing I did one time

Aug 24, 2020, 11:57 AM

I met a girl on a semi-double date/hang thingy with my buddy on his 21st. We went to TTT's on like a Wednesday night or something. My boy got shiiizzzhammered drunk, his girl was hitting on old biker dudes, and I was really hitting it off with the other girl.

She drove me home and I tried like all hail to get her to stay with me so she wouldn't have to drive drunk. She wasn't going for it because she was a good girl, and I had a steady SarahAdidas, going on like 5 years at that point... I said, well let me give you my number, so you can call me when you get home and let me know you go there alright....

Here's the good part> I drunkenly gave her my parents home number.

Next day she tracked down my actual number and gave me tons of crap for waking up my poor parents at about 3am letting them know that she made it home alright.

The lulz part is that my parents assumed it was Sarahadidas.

Chick and I never hooked up and remained very good friends... that story was always a good lulz between us.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

So like

Aug 24, 2020, 12:01 PM

where's the pigs man?

She dodged a bullet***

Aug 24, 2020, 11:59 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

I tend to agree***

Aug 24, 2020, 12:03 PM

Mine isn't cringy. Just sad.

Aug 24, 2020, 12:05 PM

I was the king of missing hints. Even to this day.

Anyways, girl was about 4 years older than me, recently divorced. One of those got married straight out of high school types. Biggest teddies I've ever seen in my life. Natural. But I think she said they were double f's. But she was a fit crazy person. So flat stomach massive teddies, big round muscular ####.

Anyways we planned on going out to eat then a buddy of ours was going to meet us back at her house and watch the Clemson USC game. That's where it all went wrong.

I was under the impression that he was going to walk in at any moment so I didn't want to try anything.

She gave off some weird vibes to start with like telling me while we were eating (this wasn't a random thing we were deep in conversation) that she didn't like vibrators and didn't believe people should use them. She was also kind of a religious nutbag.

First mistake: sat in the recliner and not the couch where she was.

She scooted closer to me and began chatting.

Questions started getting personal. I don't remember all that was asked by the main one that I whiffed on was about underwear and she makes the comment "I don't ever wear underwear" my response was, while keeping my eyes glued to the TV "oh yeah?" Her response was "Yep, I'm not wearing any right now"

Radio silence from me.

Left with nothing.

Don't get me wrong, it worked out in the long run but....

What An Idiot GIFs | Tenor

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stopped reading at "Anyways, girl was about 4 years old"***

Aug 24, 2020, 12:09 PM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Finished that fast

Aug 24, 2020, 12:10 PM

of course I meant 4 years older. She was a senior when I was a freshman

this explains A LOT...

Aug 24, 2020, 12:15 PM [ in reply to Mine isn't cringy. Just sad. ]

lol j/k

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Imma go out on a limb here.

Aug 24, 2020, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Mine isn't cringy. Just sad. ]

This chick had no teeth.

Please confirm.

Fine...hears mine

Aug 24, 2020, 12:08 PM

So my roommate/best friend was dating this chick from another state. Girl had some of her hometown frands come down for a weekend. Hot chick had just broke up wif her BF (although no one told me that useful piece of information). Didn't matter. She was ready to go while we were at some party out in University Village. Proceeded to get drunk and already knew they were all staying at our apartment.

Get back to the apartment. Roomy, his GF go to their side. Me and chick still out in the living room. She takes off her top and we make out. One of the best sets I've ever seen BTW. We go back to my room and get undressed. We fool around for a while. I try to see if I can dock my usb in her port without protection. Negative. I go to get a rubber. Caint really find them b/c drunk. Blackout. Wake up. Still both nood, butt now sober. Weird and awkward conversations. She caint find her bra. Frands yelling at her cause they gotta go. Finally find it in the living room. She leaves. I might have randomly FB messengered her later but that was it.

/csb

I've had this exact same scenario happen with the

Aug 24, 2020, 12:10 PM

not finding a condom and passing out, but that one actually worked out in the long run.

Mine too. Was actually chatting up another girl that night

Aug 24, 2020, 12:13 PM

who I raw-dawged for a few year after that

^^^ Tolstóy scok ^^^ ****

Aug 24, 2020, 12:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was going to mention Swingers if you hadn't.***

Aug 24, 2020, 12:31 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't see the swingers scene until a year or two

Aug 24, 2020, 12:34 PM

after this happened. It hit me right in the gut.

Nice. I hooked up with one girl at Clemson and she ended

Aug 24, 2020, 12:33 PM

up marrying some dumbass named Greenr and letting him put 3 babies in her. She is soooo stupid.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She sounds like a total slut***

Aug 24, 2020, 12:38 PM

Not this weekend

Aug 24, 2020, 1:03 PM

but sometimes.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not to you this weekend

Aug 24, 2020, 1:32 PM

Don't they say that the difference between a B!tch and a sl*t is that a sl*t screws everybody and a b*tch screws everybody, but you.

Not that Sheenr is either one. I'm sure she's a lovely lady... just making a joke.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

"butt" sometimes? Like your birthday?***

Aug 24, 2020, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Not this weekend ]

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many times did you type/delete before posting this story***

Aug 24, 2020, 5:31 PM

Last time I dated was before Facebook was invented. hth

Aug 24, 2020, 7:42 PM

Internet was through phone lines and a screaming modem, and you had AOL discs everywhere used as coasters. And you browsed the internet using NETSCAPE....the awesomest web browser ever.

Message was edited by: Tiggity®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic