Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How did ETN only get 8 carries vs TAMU?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

How did ETN only get 8 carries vs TAMU?

Oct 18, 2018, 6:09 PM

We basically had the lead the entire game. There were plenty of opportunities to get him touches particularly late to salt that game away. I know part of the problem was KB2 stealing his carries with basically twice as many rushing attempts as Travis.

To be honest I don't think a team has slowed down ETN since he's been at Clemson. Even vs Bama last year he had 4 carries for 22 yds until he got hurt. Really Elliot is the only guy that has slowed him down with play calls and/or a little too inclusive of a RB rotation.

It will be an easy blowout of NCST if he gets his 20 touches.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How did ETN only get 8 carries vs TAMU?

Oct 18, 2018, 6:25 PM

I believe lawyers call this, “asked and answered”.

Bryant trying to win the starting job. Pulled and kept all zone reads***

Oct 18, 2018, 6:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

What he said

Oct 18, 2018, 6:48 PM

Nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can bet the Heinz dogs will try to stop ETN the same

Oct 18, 2018, 6:38 PM

way Bama did, by knocking him out. Only, these knockout blows will probably come after the whistle. We just have to hope he doesn't disappear into a pile on their sideline after a tackle, or it will be all over.

In case you didn't catch my suttle nuances, yep, dey plays dirty.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

prevent offense featuring KB, but blame the playcallers!***

Oct 18, 2018, 6:47 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2018, 6:50 PM

We didn't throw enough screen passes to set up the run game.

I really think our coaching staff knows what they

Oct 18, 2018, 6:58 PM

are doing. They realized what they had with ETN during early preseason practice last year (and were shocked and happy), But, he had to how to block when not getting the ball. Gallman was classic on this. They wanted to redshirt him but became convinced he was too talented and valuable to do so. Whoever our RB is in, and we have four good ones, if it’s a passing play, that guy has got to stay in the backfield and pick up on the blitching LB or Safety.

Trust our coaches.

Oct 18, 2018, 8:23 PM

Because after 7 they decided to give him one more

Here's my $.02 worth

Oct 18, 2018, 8:38 PM

We weren't effective throwing the ball downfield against TAMU except the time Trevor hit Tee for the TD, Bryant's short pass to Rogers, who turned it into a long gain, and Bryant's bad pass behind Renfrow, who made a great catch on the ball. Then we tried to sit on the lead and Bryant kept the ball on the zone read most of the time. With Trevor starting, we are throwing the ball downfield much more which, in turn, opens up our run game considerably. If you noticed against Wake Forest, the success of our run game also allowed Trevor to keep it on the zone read and pick up good yardage.

Because Kelly Bryant played most of the game.

Oct 18, 2018, 9:24 PM

We didn't utilize the RBs much with him, because he usually kept it for himself.

One of several reasons why our offense was so bad with him as our QB.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic