Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here's how i see the rest of the season playing out...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1,473

Here's how i see the rest of the season playing out...

Sep 29, 2014, 12:57 PM

I think we roll through the rest of the ACC, with our biggest test being Louisville. This week will be a 30 pt. win, and BC will be a laugher. UL will test us, but we win.

I'm not gonna comment on the UCS game yet.

I think FSU looks beatable, and they have to go to Louisville on a Thursday night. I think UL can pull the upset. FSU also hosts ND, and travels to Miami. FSU will loose two of those games, putting us back in the drives seat for the Atlantic division. The losses will likely be Lousiville and ND. I don't think their defense can contain the Irish. In the end, we have one ACC loss (FSU), and the Noles have two (ND and Louisville).

If that happens, and we can win the ACCCG, we may sneak into the playoff discussion with a little help.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

I'm more concerned about NC State than Louisville

Sep 29, 2014, 1:01 PM

Louisville lost to UVa (23 - 21) and only beat Wake in Louisville by a score of 20 - 10.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

UVa isn't bad

Sep 29, 2014, 1:46 PM

Plus, UofL has struggled a little bit on offense, and UVa's defense has been stout. If Clemson can shut down their running game, then they should win much more easily than I thought at the beginning of the year. Also kinda depends on whether they get Devante Parker back by the time our game rolls around.

UofL is dangerous, though, because they do have a stable of pretty good RBs along with a good defense. I think they'll give FSU a fight, for sure.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here's how i see the rest of the season playing out...

Sep 29, 2014, 1:02 PM

Are you joking? ND doesn't count as a conference loss.

Sep 29, 2014, 1:02 PM

I am concerned about your optimism, you may want to get it checked.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe I am misunderstanding you, but

Sep 29, 2014, 1:04 PM

I was under the impression ND was not affiliated with the conference with their football team, and thus wins over or losses to them don't count against conference record.

As a side note, ND won't count as a conference loss....

Sep 29, 2014, 1:07 PM

FSU's eight ACC games are Clemson, NC State, Wake, Cuse, Louisville, UVa, Miami and BC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't see FSU losing a game. They look like one of the most

Sep 29, 2014, 1:16 PM

talented teams in the country along with Auburn and Oklahoma.

No clear cut powerhouses this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The same Auburn that should have lost to K-State?

Sep 29, 2014, 1:20 PM

I agree with you about Oklahoma but not Auburn.

They look to be very talented. Great offensive line. Big

Sep 29, 2014, 1:26 PM

receivers, backs etc. Very good defense. They almost lost to K. State because they couldn't throw and catch consistently in spite of guys running wide open.

My point was they look to be one of the most talented teams in the country, not the best team. That's why I like FSU better, they can actually throw and catch with the best of them.

There is no clear cut best team so far this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Auburn is, indeed, a talented team....

Sep 29, 2014, 1:42 PM

They were a talented team last year too but they were also just a few incredibly lucky plays away from finishing the regular season 7 - 5 rather than 11 - 1.

Yes and they are still a lucky team.

Sep 29, 2014, 1:49 PM

That short pass for a would be touchdown for K. STate where the receiver beat the Auburn defender at the line and the ball hit him in the hands and bounced back over his head and right into the waiting arms of the badly beaten defender.

That was ### lucky!

Agreed not to mention all the missed FG's ...

Sep 29, 2014, 1:56 PM

but we're not talking just blind luck last year. There was some divine intervention going on.

Miami has an open date before FSU.....

Sep 29, 2014, 1:17 PM

FSU will feel the pressure if they have lost to Louisville prior to that one.

Basically, we need FSU to either fall apart and lose two or win out for us to have a path to the Orange Bowl.

But, as usual, the hardest thing will be Clemson winning out. Everything else will probably work out.

Sep 29, 2014, 1:24 PM

Won't they have three conference losses when they lose to Florida?

Sep 29, 2014, 1:31 PM

goooood lowered - ND?

ND is not in the Big 12 either - so we still can't count on them for anything.

You need to step away from the keyboard today man. :) tomorrow might be better.

you guys don't disappoint***

Sep 29, 2014, 1:35 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Replies: 16
| visibility 1,473
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic