Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's time to FOCUS on tomorrow's game!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 716

It's time to FOCUS on tomorrow's game!

Oct 11, 2013, 12:08 PM

I realize most of you regard this as a minor speed bump but let’s assume for the sake of argument BC decides to show up.

In order for BC to have any shot at winning we have to keep Clemson’s offense off the field as much as possible and that means we have to run the ball effectively. If we can’t we have no chance. The OL is the most improved part of the team. Matt Patchan, the transfer from Florida, has played very well but Clemson’s DL will be their toughest test. When Andre Williams gets a rest you’ll see Myles Willis, a true freshman and a completely different RB, smaller and faster than Williams.

I’m sure Clemson will try to blanket Amidon which makes it essential that Rettig be able to find other receivers which he hasn’t done consistently. He’s a steady, unspectacular QB but he has a good arm and can make the throws when he has time. Nate Freese hasn’t missed a FG and his longest is 49 yards.

Kasim Edebali (the guy whose name Dabo couldn’t pronounce) and Kaleb Ramsey are the anchors of a DL which has played well for the most part but there is very little depth. Kevin Pierre-Louis, Steele Divitto and Steven Daniels are solid at LB. The secondary is a weak link so if we can’t pressure Boyd we’re in big trouble.

The long nightmare of the Frank Spaziani era is finally over. Everything about him reeked of defeat as if he had a “KICK ME” sign engraved on his forehead. It’ll take a few recruiting cycles for Addazio to undo that damage but his presence has already begun to pay dividends. He’s bringing BC football back to what made us good: terrific line play, outstanding LB’s and a strong running game. Clemson fans who watched the transition from Tommy to Dabo will know what I mean.

This is essentially the same team as last year but with a very different attitude. Expect a physical team that won’t quit. We just don’t have the talent to stay with Clemson for 4 quarters. I think Williams gets over 100 yards and Clemson wins but doesn’t cover. Here’s hoping for a great injury-free game!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wait wut? i've never heard of any of those guys***

Oct 11, 2013, 12:09 PM

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Re: It's time to FOCUS on tomorrow's game!

Oct 11, 2013, 12:10 PM

MY wife likes to watch Spazzani every week on "Blue Bloods"

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We'll certainly miss Tom Selleck***

Oct 11, 2013, 12:15 PM

nm

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We'll certainly miss Tom Selleck***

Oct 11, 2013, 2:47 PM

I have no doubt Selleck could outcoach Spaz.

Nice post "BCLou"...and wonder if that Willis bOy is related

Oct 11, 2013, 2:51 PM

for I'm a Willis from eastern NC..and Wasp!

Welcome to Death Valley..and GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's his info

Oct 11, 2013, 2:58 PM

http://www.bceagles.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/myles_willis_853738.html

Historically BC Football and Basketball have been similar

Oct 11, 2013, 2:59 PM

At least since the 80's. Always seem both are respectable top 25 teams hovering in that 15-25 area. Always solid in fundamentals and occasionally knocking off a top dog. I look forward to seeing a game up there one of these days. Love Boston.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This Clemson defense isn't good enough to shut a team down

Oct 11, 2013, 3:04 PM

But they are good enough to shut down an aspect of a teams offense. I don't expect BC to run over us unless the score is 40-14 or rettig has proved he can keep us honest which I am not banking on yet. Though he is a respectably good qb.

I AM FOCUSED

Oct 11, 2013, 3:36 PM

on getting off work and getting a cold adult beverage. Looking forward to the weekend. Go Tigers! Beat BC!

Replies: 9
| visibility 716
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic