Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson RB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Clemson RB

Sep 30, 2015, 9:01 AM

So it looks like Gallman is pretty much your go to back other than your QB. It does look like he played a lot last year as well. How do you guys rate him? is a power guy, speed guy, blocking skill? etc.?

I really like CJ Prosise for ND, but concerned with the weather. He was a DB until the spring, and was moved over due to depth issues just for practice, and then we lost our RB1 and RB2, so now he is the starter. He has done very very well, shows very good speed, nice cuts and gets better at picking up blitzes every game. But im concerned with the weather and "the moment" for him this week. He has never carried the ball in the rain or in huge game moments. I would have 100% trusted folsten in this situation, but Im worried Prosise may try to do to much and that can lead to turn overs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We

Sep 30, 2015, 9:04 AM

must break him. Boulware will hit him like a speeding pickup truck.
Then one of our linemen will fold him up like a lawn chair. He
will fumble inside his own 30 and that will be a scoop and score for
a big'un.
Sorry....but you asked.

we should get the names of nd's 4th & 5th string rbs

Sep 30, 2015, 9:05 AM

so we can notify their next of kin after procise craps his breeches.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We

Sep 30, 2015, 9:06 AM [ in reply to We ]

lol thanks....

but any info on your Rb?

Name is Wayne... Runs like a Train

Sep 30, 2015, 9:09 AM

That's pretty much all there is to know

Oh...Gallman

Sep 30, 2015, 9:09 AM [ in reply to Re: We ]

He's a live bear. Actually he is half bear half mountain lion.
We feed him a steady diet of raw lion meat and gunpowder.
He's going to give one of your linebackers a collapsed lung.
We apologize in advance....once we uncage him, there's not much
we can do to stop the carnage.

Re: Oh...Gallman

Sep 30, 2015, 9:12 AM

> He's a live bear. Actually he is half bear half
> mountain lion.
> We feed him a steady diet of raw lion meat and
> gunpowder.
> He's going to give one of your linebackers a
> collapsed lung.
> We apologize in advance....once we uncage him,
> there's not much
> we can do to stop the carnage.

Ok.. i ll be sure to warn them of bear attacks...
found it odd that you chose a bear and lion when a tiger would seem like the obvious choice?

Sep 30, 2015, 9:13 AM

They are all tigers. Kind of like a man bear pig

Sep 30, 2015, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Oh...Gallman ]

Hey man, I hear Buzzpaw is having a pre game Notre Dame tailgate party in his garage this evening. You should go join him.

Not CJ Spiller quick, but very strong, protects ball well***

Sep 30, 2015, 9:10 AM [ in reply to Re: We ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not CJ Spiller quick, but very strong, protects ball well***

Sep 30, 2015, 9:12 AM

ok, did you guys have any bad weather games last year?

Sep 30, 2015, 9:15 AM

We don't have bad weather this is God Country.??

Sep 30, 2015, 9:17 AM

> We don't have bad weather this is God Country.??

so people saying the weather is going to be bad this weekend are mistaken....?

Sep 30, 2015, 9:21 AM

> > We don't have bad weather this is God Country.??
>
> so people saying the weather is going to be bad this
> weekend are mistaken....?

this applies only to the visitor section and sideline.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2015, 9:28 AM

> > > We don't have bad weather this is God Country.??
> >
> > so people saying the weather is going to be bad
> this
> > weekend are mistaken....?
>
> this applies only to the visitor section and sideline.

lol awesome...

I like this guy, good wit about him

Sep 30, 2015, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Not CJ Spiller quick, but very strong, protects ball well*** ]

Sent you a t-mail.

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We are very deep at running back.

Sep 30, 2015, 9:19 AM [ in reply to Re: We ]

We should run the wishbone to get two tailbacks on the field at the same time.

Gallman is a relentless runner who gets yards out of nothing. Not terribly fast, but get 2-3 yards when he should be stopped for loss. He is improving weekly.
Brooks is coming back from injury, I expect him to get back into the mix at some point. He can catch it out of the backfield. He would start on a lot of teams.
Davidson - fast. If he ever gets past the first layer, he is gone. The problem is getting past the first layer. Good change of pace back from Gallman
CJ Fuller - promising young RB, I think he may be the best pure RB on team. However he may have ball security issues, therefore doesn't see field much. Still learning.
Dye - coming back from injury. Still tentative. has great potential. Bigger type back.

Choice - redshirting.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good analysis - I do wish we would give Gallman more rest

Sep 30, 2015, 9:24 AM

and try Brooks and possible Dye besides Davidson, who has not shown up this year! Georgia has 2 or 3 rbs. backing up Chubb, who gets a lot of rest. Plus, Gallman looked tired and was basically ineffective down the stretch against L'ville. GO TIGERS!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We are very deep at running back.

Sep 30, 2015, 9:35 AM [ in reply to We are very deep at running back. ]

> We should run the wishbone to get two tailbacks on
> the field at the same time.
>
> Gallman is a relentless runner who gets yards out of
> nothing. Not terribly fast, but get 2-3 yards when he
> should be stopped for loss. He is improving weekly.
> Brooks is coming back from injury, I expect him to
> get back into the mix at some point. He can catch it
> out of the backfield. He would start on a lot of
> teams.
> Davidson - fast. If he ever gets past the first
> layer, he is gone. The problem is getting past the
> first layer. Good change of pace back from Gallman
> CJ Fuller - promising young RB, I think he may be the
> best pure RB on team. However he may have ball
> security issues, therefore doesn't see field much.
> Still learning.
> Dye - coming back from injury. Still tentative. has
> great potential. Bigger type back.
>
> Choice - redshirting.

Man, that is a lot of depth, we had to move over DB's to play, lol. After Prosise, we have good speed, but they are not ready to be major backs, yet. I think in a year or 2 they will be very good, but they need to develop yet, mainly go into to give CJ a breather and then come back out.

We have numbers, but I'm not so sure we have depth.

Sep 30, 2015, 10:03 AM [ in reply to We are very deep at running back. ]

We didn't really play a backup in the Louisville game. The one who played had absolutely no positive impact on the game. Our coaches don't seem to have confidence in any back but Gallman.

My opinion..

Sep 30, 2015, 9:24 AM

He has solid speed, not explosive, but borderline explosive and is always improving. He is a good blocker. He protects the ball. He is very solid. He isn't a 1 cut and gone guy, but he is very solid. I don't think you guys need to plan your game around him. That said, don't be surprised that when the game is over that he ran for 100 yards with 2 tds.

Re: My opinion..

Sep 30, 2015, 9:37 AM

> He has solid speed, not explosive, but borderline
> explosive and is always improving. He is a good
> blocker. He protects the ball. He is very solid.
> He isn't a 1 cut and gone guy, but he is very
> ry solid. I don't think you guys need to plan your
> game around him. That said, don't be surprised that
> when the game is over that he ran for 100 yards with
> 2 tds.

interesting.. thanks for the info. The problem i have seen in the past that those "solid" guys who you dont plan your game around because they aren't suppose to be huge factors, end up taking over the game.

Here's an interesting detail

Sep 30, 2015, 9:50 AM

Since spiller graduated, we've kind of moved away from the run. Chad Morris came in and revived our offense and gave it life, but he wasn't without his own flaws. One major one was being impatient with the run. One thing I've noticed more with our new (promoted) OC's is that they are a bit more balanced with playcalling and are more patient in getting the run game going.

This is why you don't know who Wayne Gallman is and why you probably will by the end of the season, regardless of if your team or my team wins. He's a very talented, well rounded back that is now getting appropriate reps of a starting RB.

Re: Clemson RB

Sep 30, 2015, 9:26 AM

Wayne Gallman is a stud. He has a little experience under his belt, but was highly recruited out of high school, as with all of our RB's. Gallman always seems to fall forward, he's a downhill type of back. He will hit you, knock you over, then keep on trucking. He doesn't catch out of the backfield too much, that's a Zac Brooks specialty.

Gallman is the feature Clemson back, but we're loaded with talent at RB. You'll see 3-4 RBs on Saturday, but probably more of Gallman.

Go Tigers! The Wayne Train is coming...

Gallman is our #1 running back

Sep 30, 2015, 9:32 AM

but we have a good third string running back too ;)

Hope you are right? "...but you will see 3 or 4 rbs on..."

Sep 30, 2015, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson RB ]

"Gallman is the feature Clemson back, but we're loaded with talent at RB. You'll see 3-4 RBs on Saturday, but probably more of Gallman." PROBABLY?????

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's my analysis

Sep 30, 2015, 9:42 AM

When ND has the ball, your azzhat of a coach will turn a new shade of purple when the crowd causes a couple false starts. Our defense isn't the same as it was last year when we were #1 in the nation, but it's not too far off. That little excuse for a RB of yours won't have the same success he's had against the likes of UMass. Your "savage" WR will have to visit Mack Island, which is no bueno for WRs. The last time a WR was this hyped with Gameday in town, Megatron was shut down all day. That little dooshy WR of yours is no Megatron.

When Clemson has the ball, the Wayne Train will put the offense on his back. We have a patchwork offensive line, but against Louisville's front 7, which is very, very good Gallman went to work. Deshaun Watson will also shred your defense.

In the end, it's more of the same for ND. Start with high expectations, win a couple games to get a high ranking, then tumble back down to reality.

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily, now. Hopefully you'll be blacked out for the game and won't remember any of it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

GWP for president of Tnet!***

Sep 30, 2015, 11:49 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2015, 10:04 AM

Pretty good take here on Prosise. Something about the way he runs looks to me like he'd be prone to injury - runs too upright and takes some hits. I hope that doesn't happen, but that would be a big blow since y'all don't seem to have much behind him, right?

Sep 30, 2015, 10:17 AM

> Pretty good take here on Prosise. Something about the
> way he runs looks to me like he'd be prone to injury
> - runs too upright and takes some hits. I hope that
> doesn't happen, but that would be a big blow since
> y'all don't seem to have much behind him, right?

correct, big drop off behind him, not it speed and potential skill, but in development and reads.

He does run very upright, so far he has been able to avoid the big hits despite this. Where the close calls have come into play is since is so upright when he gets tackled around the ankles he seems to fall to his knees more than all the way down, and when a second wave of people come in he gets bent up in weird positions. Not sure if this makes any sense, but it has happened quite a few times.

Sep 30, 2015, 10:23 AM

Makes perfect sense - that's what I'm seeing when I watch his film. Gallman had the same issue last year after switching from playing LB in high school, although he miraculously never fumbled, was never injured, and never took a big hit

Sep 30, 2015, 10:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson RB ]

I'd specifically be worried about about Procise with our safeties Green and Kearse - both are huge safeties who love to come up and lay a big hit. Green can be caught looking in the backfield as he switched from WR last year but has tremendous upside; I'd expect him to play at the next level as well as Kearse.

Sep 30, 2015, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson RB ]

Prosise is a shorter guy...but yeah, he runs a little upright and doesn't tuck quite as well as you'd like...the other things I've noticed out of him is he's not exactly super-jacked and doesn't just shrug off hard hits. Rough treatment bothers him. He also doesn't necessarily read his cuts well...he likes the edge - sweeps, tosses - and doesn't slash up between the tackles particularly well.

In short, he's a luxury back and a bit of a project - he's converting from ATH/WR/DB, and has knocked around a lot - but he's done spectacularly well the first few weeks, averaging something ludicrous like 8ypc...which gives you some idea of how good Notre Dame's huge guys are up front at run blocking. Prosise definitely has explosive speed, but it helps that he's had gaping holes to run through. He's also not really a guy you want having to carry the ball 20+ times a game...he's done it so far, but he's going to break down if ND keeps using him as heavily as they have, and even Kelly has admitted it. Problem is, none of the very young backs they have behind Prosise have shown much of anything yet.

Very unfortunate for ND that Folston went down, mostly because with 2-3 really good running backs, I don't know how much joy anybody would have stuffing that ND rushing attack, what with that OL they have.

Kind of an odd situation. Good running backs are a dime a dozen, usually, compared to really good offensive linemen, and it's not common that you see a loaded OL and no running back stable.

Just my opinion. I think Prosise probably gets drafted, albeit maybe in the 5th-6th round or so, but I don't think he does much in the NFL because he really hasn't impressed me much with his between-the-tackles ability and luxury backs literally do fall off trees in the NFL...whereas I think basically Notre Dame's entire line will get drafted - high! - and do very well. Prosise, IMHO, will go as Notre Dame's O-line goes.

Sep 30, 2015, 10:35 AM

> Prosise is a shorter guy...but yeah, he runs a little
> upright and doesn't tuck quite as well as you'd
> like...the other things I've noticed out of him is
> he's not exactly super-jacked and doesn't just shrug
> off hard hits. Rough treatment bothers him. He also
> doesn't necessarily read his cuts well...he likes the
> edge - sweeps, tosses - and doesn't slash up between
> the tackles particularly well.
>
> In short, he's a luxury back and a bit of a project -
> he's converting from ATH/WR/DB, and has knocked
> around a lot - but he's done spectacularly well the
> first few weeks, averaging something ludicrous like
> 8ypc...which gives you some idea of how good Notre
> Dame's huge guys are up front at run blocking.
> Prosise definitely has explosive speed, but it helps
> that he's had gaping holes to run through. He's also
> not really a guy you want having to carry the ball
> 20+ times a game...he's done it so far, but he's
> going to break down if ND keeps using him as heavily
> as they have, and even Kelly has admitted it. Problem
> is, none of the very young backs they have behind
> Prosise have shown much of anything yet.
>
> Very unfortunate for ND that Folston went down,
> mostly because with 2-3 really good running backs, I
> don't know how much joy anybody would have stuffing
> that ND rushing attack, what with that OL they have.
>
> Kind of an odd situation. Good running backs are a
> dime a dozen, usually, compared to really good
> offensive linemen, and it's not common that you see a
> loaded OL and no running back stable.
>
> Just my opinion. I think Prosise probably gets
> drafted, albeit maybe in the 5th-6th round or so, but
> I don't think he does much in the NFL because he
> really hasn't impressed me much with his
> between-the-tackles ability and luxury backs
> literally do fall off trees in the NFL...whereas I
> think basically Notre Dame's entire line will get
> drafted - high! - and do very well. Prosise, IMHO,
> will go as Notre Dame's O-line goes.

I agree with alot of what you had to say, he does try to avoid the nasty big hit caries and it would be great to have folston, i think with the 2 of them you could wear out a lot of D lines. The only thing is i think alot of his success has been up the middle"ish" once he commits to it. They don't do a lot of sweeps and stuff with him, more of it is between the guard and tackle instead of the center and guard. if he can get a little bigger i could see him draft late, much like a theo riddick who has done pretty decent in the NFL.

I have been very impressed withe the o line for run blocking, but on pass blocking they still have some issues. Not sure why they can't give better protection.

Yes but he makes up for all that the way he...

Sep 30, 2015, 11:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson RB ]

carries the ball low and loose.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes but he makes up for all that the way he...

Sep 30, 2015, 12:17 PM

> carries the ball low and loose.

who?

Sep 30, 2015, 10:57 AM

Gallman is about as solid a back as you'll see. Doesn't have much of a wow factor but runs well and and takes care of the football. Like the previous poster said he's not really someone you game plan for but when the games over he'll have around 100 yards and a touchdown or 2.

He's a bigger version of Andre Ellington...

Sep 30, 2015, 12:21 PM

nuff said.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic