Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
City of Clemson.....you're next!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

City of Clemson.....you're next!

May 8, 2017, 11:29 AM

http://fauxcountrynews.com/category/local-news/mount-pleasant/

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's a petition if anyone's interested......

May 8, 2017, 11:31 AM

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/407/328/088/enact-a-moratorium-on-clemson-construction-now/

Next? Already there and now no one cares

May 8, 2017, 11:33 AM

I posted on here a while back and the general consensus on Tnet was it was too late and too far gone to care. People on here care 1000 times more about Dabo's comment about the east end zone.
This is a sports forum so I guess the town of Clemson isn't a care here anyway.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortunately, I think you're right.***

May 8, 2017, 11:47 AM

Re: Next? Already there and now no one cares

May 8, 2017, 11:50 AM [ in reply to Next? Already there and now no one cares ]

Because people don't care about the town of Clemson. They only care for the football team or campus, they could care less about our beautiful town of Clemson and surrounding cities. Only us locals will understand

May 8, 2017, 1:44 PM

The small college town of Calhoun/Clemson unfortunately had a chance to determine their future about a decade and a half ago during the down period of the Great Recession. Where were citizens then demanding height restrictions like Charleston? Why did residents not approach the university and developers and attempt to resolve student housing needs in a manner that benefitted all involved. Other than a protracted legal action I do not see an outcome where ugly highrise buildings clearly out of scale could be halted and or restricted.

Forget trying to remove them altogether. Just visit Columbia near Usuck to see the very same over development. Usuck wants to increase student enrollment to fifty thousand by 2020 due to budget needs. Residents of Clemson best approach the university Trustees to ascertain what is in store for the community from their perspective. While football is important, the university and community have to consider their needs and aspirations jointly to succeed.

Go Tigers!

May 8, 2017, 2:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Next? Already there and now no one cares ]

I know how you feel. I'm a Mt. P guy. It's out of control over there. Been living in North Charleston for 11 yrs now. Hopefully buying in Hanahan this year. Not saying I would love to live back it the east cooper, but it's just too much.

the issue with Clemson that everyone chooses to ignore

May 8, 2017, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Next? Already there and now no one cares ]

is that the campus (and city for the most part)is only about 50% accessible by land (road). The other half is Lake Hartwell. Unless you build a massive bridge across the lake from Seneca Marina for an additional access, there will always be traffic problems getting in and out. All arteries (and there are only about 4) are basically maxed out.

It really is similar to Mt Pleasant or another coastal city.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: the issue with Clemson that everyone chooses to ignore

May 8, 2017, 3:09 PM

Good illustration of the situation, but many state residents do not understand how cuts in state funding have impacted schools across South Carolina. Developers are taking advantage of tax breaks to build housing in large part because colleges and universities do not have the needed funds to meet their growth. Very few citizens saw this coming to various locations like Clemson.

Go Tigers!

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic