Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Someone showed yesterday that Ogundeko played 1 play
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Someone showed yesterday that Ogundeko played 1 play

Oct 8, 2013, 7:21 PM

Saturday. I know he is from NY but wasnt the plan to redshirt him? Was dabo asked about this on the call in show? Maybe he is going to play him some more the rest of the way. I'd hate to see the kid lose a year and only play one play.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Someone showed yesterday that Ogundeko played 1 play

Oct 8, 2013, 7:25 PM

Typo..pretty sure they intended #10 not #1 as it was the play Boulware got injured on

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2013, 7:27 PM

Boulware covers kicks so he had several plays. The play chart listed Ogundecko by name so I'd like to believe your explanation but I dont that is it

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2013, 7:37 PM

So, instead of it being a typo, you would think that the coaches would burn a red shirt for one play? I know that everything that has been said about him from day one was that he would red shirt. He was raw and understood that he needed an extra year for his development. His plan the whole time was to red shirt. I doubt that he was even on the trip.

Ok...

Oct 8, 2013, 7:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Someone showed yesterday that Ogundeko played 1 play ]

So you find it more likely that the coaching staff ordered him out on the field for one play when they've already indicated they are going to redshirt him, as opposed to the play chart being mistaken? Hmmm....Ok.

He didn't play in the game. Relax and let it go.

Re: Ok...

Oct 8, 2013, 8:31 PM

I asked a question. that's all. wondered if their plays for playing him changed

To be fair

Oct 8, 2013, 8:37 PM

You asked a question and then said you didn't believe the answer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To be fair

Oct 8, 2013, 9:09 PM

and you provided the data. other poster did not.

I wondered the same thing when I scanned the game stats

Oct 8, 2013, 7:45 PM

but in the stats they have both Boulware and Ogendeko listed as 1's. Boulware is #10. I think they just listed the wrong player. Remember, these aren't our guys doing the game stats. No reason to play him this year the way our depth at DE has worked out. Barnes and Lawson are playing well behind the starters, and you have Martin Aiken and Kevin Dodd as additional depth

Here ya go

Oct 8, 2013, 7:49 PM

From this boxscore:
http://www.clemsontigers.com/pdf9/2548946.pdf

It says he made a tackle on a punt around the 4:22 mark in the third quarter.

This is that play:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=aCc9NLgDE3w#t=6379

Boulware makes the tackle (#10), and around him is #27 and #13. No #1 anywhere to be seen. Obviously a mistake in the boxscore.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Outstanding investigative journalism

Oct 8, 2013, 9:06 PM

Keep up d good work.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic