Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here we are in the playoffs again. I must say the following:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Here we are in the playoffs again. I must say the following:

Dec 12, 2016, 7:22 PM

When we finished our incredible run last year with a runner-up finish and 14-1 record, it was quite an accomplishment. Even though we played a magnificent game in the final, the loss left all of us heartbroken. In the days after, I remember everyone of us saying we'd be back in the playoffs next year. I figured it was sort of therapy to say it. Inside, however, I felt the likelihood of us making it back was probably small.

I know, we were picked in many top fours preseason, but then again many preseason polls had FSU winning the division. Back to our own fans saying we'd make it back, I just felt it was a longshot. I even had a coot neighbor stop on the sidewalk while playing with his little son last Spring. He is a very nice guy. And he said, "well, you guys are loaded, you should make the playoff next year again." My reply to him was that having been there, it was somewhat of a reality check as to just how difficult it was to accomplish. I told him there are so many bounces of the ball that can go the other way, there's weather situations that could sway a game beyond our control, there could be certain injuries, and of course the possibility of a good old fashion upset. I told him that it takes a lot to make it there, and the difficulty seemed more evident to me after our trip to the playoffs than before. And even if everything were to go right, trips to Auburn, FSU, Ga. Tech, home games with Louisville, Pitt and an ACC Championship game opponent would make for a difficult return trip. And really, the amount of work a team has to put in to make it to that level is such a grind and tons of work. In short, it was nice to think we'd make it back, but I knew it was a very difficult think to do. And it seemed like a tall mountain when we hadn't even made it to the Spring Game yet.

But here we are a #2 seed in this year's playoff! Whether we lose one, split two, or take the whole title is anyone's guess. Bama is Bama and they are favored for a reason. If we play them, I'm sure our players will give it their best shot. If we lose to Ohio State, I will be sad, but I have to say making the playoff back to back years is nothing short of incredible and amazing. If in mid-August someone had offered me 12-1 and ACC Champions, I'd have taken it on the spot and let the playoff chips fall where they may. It is not an easy thing to go 13-0 and 12-1 after the season and conference championship game. It is a testament to the hours and hours of hard work that our players and coaches put into each day of each week. There have only been three playoffs and we have been in two of them. There are many very good programs that will not be in two playoffs in the next 40 years.

No matter what plays out, I just think it is an amazing accomplishment to come back and actually accomplish what everyone was hoping and that is to be back in the playoffs. It's not last February and it's not just hopeful talk. Our players and staff have done it. They have us back in the playoffs! And that is an amazing accomplishment on its own. Of course, I'm a worry wart and I will have concerns about our game as December 31 approaches. But as of now I am just as impressed as I can be that We Are In, again. We should all be very appreciative of our program and just enjoy this.

We have won:
35 of our last 38 games!
Dabo's numbers here are incredible!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here we are in the playoffs again. I must say the following:

Dec 12, 2016, 7:31 PM

Well said!

Dec 12, 2016, 8:12 PM

While I agree that last year was an incredible run,and that getting back to the Playoff's again this year is an amazing accomplishment,at some point if you want to be considered among the great
teams in college football,you got to win the big one.
And we have only done that once,and that was 35 years ago.
Losing to Alabama last year hurt,anything less than bringing home the title this year,and you have to wonder if ,and when you will get that chance again.
Look,going 12-1,and winning an A.C.C. Championship is something only a few teams can dream of.
Now is the time to make it a dream season.
I won't be around 40 years from now.

Dec 12, 2016, 8:19 PM

40 yrs - that's rich. That 69 banner still up??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Dec 12, 2016, 8:20 PM

Well said

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic