Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here is the proper way to think about the Auburn game....
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 1
   | View Original Thread |

Here is the proper way to think about the Auburn game....

Sep 7, 2016, 12:53 PM

1. Most importantly we won the game. We are 1-0 and that is as good as we can be.

The only thing left is what it means for the rest of the season. Moving on.

2. We had no serious injuries. A 70-0 win losing a starter is much worse than a 19-13 win and keeping them all.

3. It is the second most talented team we will face during the regular season. Good news moving forward.

4. It is the most hostile environment we will play in all season. Good news moving forward.

5. Deshaun Watson was NOT the QB he was in the playoffs last year. He really never got into the flow of the game. Despite a lot of injuries/suspensions for Auburn DB's we were not able to really punish Auburn. I think the hype got to his head. I think now that he has heard some negativity (instead of constant positivity) he will get his head screwed on right and get back to the form we know he has already shown us.

6. Our defense proved that (when not playing prevent) that it is good enough to win a national championship. We didn't have our best DE... which is a big deal. We still blew them up (when not playing prevent.)

7. Dabo is an amazing program builder, but the guy is capable of the odd bad decisions from time to time. Nobody is perfect. This could hurt us, but look at where our program is at. I gladly take the bad for the good.

8. Our OL is solid. Auburn's defensive front is Good. We can insult Auburn all we want but they are loaded with DL talent. Our OL held their own. Most of our offensive woes were not due to them.

9. First games are necessarily shakier than the rest of the season. Cobwebs are out. We have a couple easy games to kill our mistakes. This is good news moving forward.

10. Our playcalling was extremely conservative... and we won. Even though it almost killed me, our bland playcalling kept nearly all of our cards close to our chest. Guys, we know that our OC's are solid. Give credit to Auburn for playing well on D.

11. Some people are judging the game on last year's Auburn. This year's Auburn may be top-15. Wait and see.

12. Mike Williams adds a new dimension to our offense that is SO dangerous that it nearly single-handedly compensated for all the bad that we witnessed.

13. We won a night game.... on the road.... against a very talented SEC team... during the first week of the season. Somebody check the history of that scenario.

14. Ben Boulware is a crazy person. Hopefully the coaches can slow his roll. He sorta cancelled himself out with notable plays.

15. Did I mention we are 1-0?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 1
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic