Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here is the problem I see with the Watson/Stoudt situation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,054

Here is the problem I see with the Watson/Stoudt situation

Sep 9, 2014, 5:35 AM

We are always trying to recruit the top football players at every position. If a recruit sees that there is going to be a current freshman ahead of him at Clemson who he believes he can out perform once he get here but that he will not become a starter until that other player graduates why would he choose Clemson? This sets a very bad precedent. Do you think a player is going to opt for any school where his ability takes a back seat to tenure. I sure as heck wouldn't. The best players should always get the starting jobs no matter how much time another has put into the program.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here is the problem I see with the Watson/Stoudt situation

Sep 9, 2014, 5:43 AM

You might as well just say:

Recruits aren't going to come to Clemson because those coaches don't know what they are doing!!

That the argument here????

Cole Stoudt is the starter because of the reasons and plan that the COACHES have laid out!!!

WHAT IS SO HARD ABOUT THIS FOR 99% of this board to figure out?????

I WANT to see DW play more! No doubt about it! But I also trust that the coaches KNOW what they are doing !

Go Tigers!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BT, you make a valid point; however, I doubt DW was

Sep 9, 2014, 5:44 AM

promised an immediate starting position during his recruitment nor do I suspect he chose Clemson based on an assumption otherwise.

Watson has known for some time that Stoudt would be the starter, and as he is considered to be rather smart, no doubt he already understood that few freshmen become starters at major programs, especially at QB.

Therefore, despite what we may imagine or desire, our staff is probably using him as their hole card, a move which is probably wise and clever.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't say he was promised the starting job but

Sep 9, 2014, 6:03 AM

I'm sure the opportunity to win the job based on performance was always on the table.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No argument there, my Friend; yet, the staff named

Sep 9, 2014, 6:10 AM

Stoudt the starter for their own reasons.

I just don't believe DW was bent out of shape over the decision, although I suspect he knew he would see some playing time this season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with you.

Sep 9, 2014, 6:16 AM

Watson seems like the kind of young man that takes things in stride.

Re: Here is the problem I see with the Watson/Stoudt situation

Sep 9, 2014, 6:04 AM

ad nauseum

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

Right lets ignore all of the players that have played as FR.

Sep 9, 2014, 7:05 AM

You know Watkins, Hopkins, Humphries, Spiller, Bellamy, Kearse, Williams, Leggett, Peake, etc.

Also I'm sure DW cries himself to sleep knowing he's going to be the starter for only the next 3 years.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,054
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic