Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When someone viciously attacks Dabo I'll defend him...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

When someone viciously attacks Dabo I'll defend him...

Apr 22, 2012, 1:23 PM

aggressively. Some here have focused on valid observation. Dabo has a weakness. This is his first head coaching job. I don't care how many times you've watched an artist paint it doesn't make you an artist.

Every chain has it weakest link. Right now because of our new coordinators our weakest link might be our S&C coach. It might be our HC. There is a weakest link somewhere in every college football program. The question remains, how strong is our weakest link? Can it pull the load necessary to avoid replacement at Clemson.

To me, Dabo's passion and emotion is reflective of Clemson's fanbase. I don't think he would be satisfied with less than providing a great football coaching staff and team to field.

There are other things I wish our average fan could grasp, inexperience can be overcome with time, passion is a virtue and emotional immaturity while most likely won't be grown out of can be used like a weapon to motivate players.

I'd say Dabo is right on time here at Clemson. I'm satisfied with his progress. Not perfect but not bad at all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Two Division titles and an ACC champ. in three years says

Apr 22, 2012, 2:33 PM

a lot. HIs recruiting is good also. Some schools have to say that division titles and championships make up for a coach having zero charisma or personality. Some say the coach has charisma and energy and that makes up for bad results so far. We can't complain about either side of that coin. We've had two division titles and a championship and a coach with energy and personality. And again, don't forget his recruiting skills.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Two Division titles and an ACC champ. in three years says

Apr 22, 2012, 2:37 PM

It won't be long until all football fans will recognize that Dabo is the best football coach we have ever had at Clemson!!

i sure hope so. that will mean a couple of BCS Championships***

Apr 22, 2012, 3:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Not necessarily.

Apr 22, 2012, 3:26 PM

A lot of things have to come together for that to happen, things beyond a coaches control.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I agree, and have said the same on more than one occasion.

Apr 22, 2012, 4:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Two Division titles and an ACC champ. in three years says ]

Dabo has the best qualities of each of the best coaches Clemson has ever had (and without the negatives of each). And with a little more time (and all the necessary luck, or maybe I should say without any unforeseen bad luck) all Clemson fans will one day have to admit that he is something very special.

I think dabo

Apr 22, 2012, 3:42 PM

Has the right plan, let his coordinators head coach each side of the ball dabo head up recruiting and make the tough calls in the game kinda a nfl style coaching staff.

I concur...Dabo's da Man..and will get even better overall**

Apr 22, 2012, 3:54 PM

Go TiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dead on***

Apr 24, 2012, 12:19 PM [ in reply to I think dabo ]

Dabo will rise or sink on his own W-L record ...

Apr 22, 2012, 5:29 PM

If he wins a national championship, he will one day be considered to replace Nick Saban. If he goes .500 for a year or two, he will be dismissed.

It's fair to say both Morris and Venables are hotter coaching commodities than Dabo. Both are on the head coaching fast track, and both could find employment as coordinators at most universities. When they leave Clemson to become HC's, Dabo will have to find other coordinators and keep the wins up going through scheme transitions.

We shall see ... and hope for the best.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chad

Apr 22, 2012, 5:36 PM

Will be the next head coach imo.

Re: Chad

Apr 23, 2012, 12:09 PM

because Dabo will retire in the next 2-3 years??

Morris will never be the head coach here, even if Dabo is fired.

Re: When someone viciously attacks Dabo I'll defend him...

Apr 23, 2012, 12:28 PM

I totally agree with you.. and remember nobody's perfect

just like this

Apr 23, 2012, 2:04 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0D5p-MRNGA

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here is the flaw in your argument ... no other fan base at a

Apr 23, 2012, 4:02 PM

program considered a football school would accept a head coach that needs time to learn the job. A "football school" should be hiring a HC that has proven he is worthy to lead a serious football program. The "average fan" you are chastising understands that we are wasting time and seasons while Dabo "hopefully" develops into a quality coach.

Clemson is not a program trying to "get there", like VT was when it gave Beamer time back in the 80s. And the reality is, VT and Beamer are a very unique and rare situation.

Nor was Clemson needing "re-built" when Dabo was hired. TB got the facilities Ford and other coaches were denied. And even he had to fight tooth and nail to get them despite facilities improvements being a condition in his hiring. TB rebuilt the program and averaged 8 wins a season and his last 3 recruiting classes were just as good as Dabo's ... all averaged between 11 and 14, none averaged higher than 11th. TB won 9 games his last full season. He was 1 play away from winning the 1 game we needed foe an ACC title several times.

The very last thing you'd do as an AD is hire an unproven, under qualified, inexperienced coach if you thought your program needed rebuilt. Nope, sorry folks, the ONLY people that think Dabo had any building to do are those trying to buy Dabo more time to learn the job. Dabo was hired because (1) TB had all the pieces in place, he simply lacked what Dabo was thought to have ... the energy and emotion to get us over the hump; and (2) At the time, Barker did not put a high priority on winning. Thankfully the BOT has finally been pressured by some big donors and is now pressuring Barker to make winning a bigger priority.

The reality is, we finally won the ACC because of talent and luck. Our coaching has held us back for years, and still is. We have the talent, but we are still not a very good team. Talent, individuals, do not win titles, teams do. And teams are put together and molded by coaches.

Yes, we won the ACC last year, but anyone with eyes could see we were NOT a very good team. And anytime we played a good team last year we lost or struggled, with the exception of VT. We are just as soft and inconsistent under Dabo as we were under TB. Except TB knew how to beat the chickens.

Team sports is about coaching. We match up well vs. VT, but match up poorly with GT. What's the difference in the ACCCG in 2009 vs. 2011? The opponent, the match up. We have more talent than both, which good coaching would properly utilize to beat both.

Unless something changes and Dabo gets a lot better we will continue to be inconsistent and lose to well coached teams. The ACC is pathetic so we'll probably win more meaningless division titles and the occasional conference title. That's good enough for most as Clemson's expectation are at their lowest in decades, but we won't be much better as a program, nor more competitive on the national scene. We will continue to be irrelevant and a pretender, rather than what we should be, a contender. We will still be an under achiever. That will never be good enough for me, nor should it be good enough for anyone that considers themselves a true Clemson fan. For a true Clemson fan wants what's best for Clemson, their loyalty is to Clemson, not irrational attachments to people.

speaking of flawed***

Apr 23, 2012, 7:10 PM

The two coaches we hired before Dabo were "proven"

Apr 23, 2012, 7:20 PM [ in reply to Here is the flaw in your argument ... no other fan base at a ]

coaches. As much as you like to think you are, you're not smarter than TDP. He knew just like everybody else Dabo was the least experienced "head coach". Clemson football didn't need rebuilt physically, it needed rebuilt mentally and I think Dabo is changing the mentality. Under TB we most likely would have lost to FSU, Wake, and Maryland.

put down the crack pipe..***

Apr 24, 2012, 2:38 AM

Simply put sir...you are a complete idiot !! *****

Apr 23, 2012, 7:52 PM [ in reply to Here is the flaw in your argument ... no other fan base at a ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sorry facts confuse you.***

Apr 24, 2012, 2:38 AM

I must have missed them then

Apr 24, 2012, 6:40 AM

Looked to me like someone spewing a lot of opinion. You don't like Dabo - that is your prerogative. Don't go around calling your opinion a fact. For every person like you claiming Dabo can't coach there is at least one other stating "facts" that go the other direction. Dabo isn't a great football skills teacher but I don't think he claims to be. Different programs use different blueprints to succeed; Dabo uses his strengths and let his assistant laches use theirs. All indications are its working.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here is the flaw in your argument ... no other fan base at a

Apr 23, 2012, 7:59 PM [ in reply to Here is the flaw in your argument ... no other fan base at a ]

You are right there is one major flaw in his argument....YOU! You have more personalities than Charles Manson. One day everything is great. The next day everything sucks. Why is it you can't find that middle area? You have wasted more keystrokes on saying the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and SHUTUP!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i'm the most consistent poster on TNET***

Apr 24, 2012, 2:39 AM

Re: i'm the most consistent poster on TNET***

Apr 24, 2012, 8:03 AM

yep you are consistent at being wrong

coot

most consistent? nah, i'm going with this guy...

Apr 24, 2012, 9:57 AM [ in reply to i'm the most consistent poster on TNET*** ]

Hill Watch...130 days!!! Tiger Football 4/24/12 8:03 AM

Hill Watch...131 days!!! Tiger Football 4/23/12 7:47 AM

Hill Watch...132 days!!! Tiger Football 4/22/12 7:40 AM

Hill Watch...133 days!!! 19 weeks!!! Tiger Football 4/21/12 6:30 AM

Hill Watch...134 days!!! Tiger Football 4/20/12 7:43 AM

Hill Watch...135 days!!! Tiger Football 4/19/12 7:47 AM

Hill Watch...136 days!!! Tiger Football 4/18/12 11:18 AM

Hill Watch...137 days!!! Tiger Football 4/17/12 7:04 AM

Hill Watch...138 days!!! Tiger Football 4/16/12 7:32 AM

Hill Watch...139 days!!! Tiger Football 4/15/12 7:46 AM

Hill Watch...140 days!!! 20 Weeks!!!!!! Tiger Football 4/14/12 6:37 AM

Hill Watch...141 days!!! Tiger Football 4/13/12 6:56 AM

Hill Watch...142 days!!! Tiger Football 4/12/12 9:26 AM

Hill Watch...143 days!!! Tiger Football 4/11/12 10:06 AM

Hill Watch...144 days!!! Tiger Football 4/10/12 8:53 AM

Hill Watch...145 days!!! Tiger Football 4/9/12 7:53 AM

Hill Watch...146 days!!! Tiger Football 4/8/12 8:17 AM

Hill Watch...147 days!!! 21 weeks!!! Tiger Football 4/7/12 2:01 PM

Hill Watch...148 days!!! Tiger Football 4/6/12 7:17 AM

Hill Watch...149 days!!! Tiger Football 4/5/12 7:34 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Take it to the bank!***

Apr 24, 2012, 12:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we're playing for ACC Championships while we're waiting

Apr 23, 2012, 8:08 PM [ in reply to Here is the flaw in your argument ... no other fan base at a ]

then wth are we complaining about? Seriously? He lost an ACCCG but when he went back to it, he won it. If we win the ACCCG again AND win a BCS bowl game and end up with a 10-4 record again, are we gonna fire him for going 10-4 or are we going to realize that we took another small step up the ladder?

^this^

Apr 23, 2012, 10:05 PM

I can wait all day if were winning 10+games a season and having competing for ACC Championship year in and out, if thats where hes starting out while hes "learning the job" then I hope Dabo is Clemsons Frank Beamer and will be here a long time

That's fine if simply winning the ACC is all that mattered,

Apr 24, 2012, 2:54 AM

Beating the coots and winning a national title are top goals too, but we are not even close to being competitive nationally.

how do you know where the teams at?

Apr 24, 2012, 11:03 AM

who's to say we dont win the orange bowl this year? isnt that "competing nationally"?

Like i said, if were still just waiting for Dabo to learn how to coach, and hes winning ACC championships, then I say let him learn

THE ACC SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! We won 10 games & the ACC and

Apr 24, 2012, 2:47 AM [ in reply to If we're playing for ACC Championships while we're waiting ]

barely finished ranked in the Top 25!! We were blown out in 3 games by a bad NC State team, a mediocre USC, and a mediocre WVu.We beat a bad Wake team by a last second FG @ home!! We won the ACCCG because we were lucky enough to play VT rather than GT. We played poorly in 12 out of 14 games and were incredibly inconsistent. We aren't even close to winning a BCS bowl with this coaching staff. You folks are oblivious to how bad we are and how poorly coached. If your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle!!!

Re: THE ACC SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! We won 10 games & the ACC and

Apr 24, 2012, 8:06 AM

We beat a bad wake team??? The key word is beat!!!!

As long as you put up a W who cares how many points you win by???

haha a mediocre WVU?***

Apr 24, 2012, 11:04 AM [ in reply to THE ACC SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! We won 10 games & the ACC and ]

Re: Here is the flaw in your argument ... no other fan base at a

Apr 24, 2012, 4:35 AM [ in reply to Here is the flaw in your argument ... no other fan base at a ]

death valley was one of the better facilities during fords tenure. other schools started remodeling/adding facilities to catch up to clemson. we stayed put and got left behind in the "arms race". by the time tb became hc, we were the ones playing catch-up.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here is the flaw in your argument dumbazz!

Apr 24, 2012, 8:24 AM [ in reply to Here is the flaw in your argument ... no other fan base at a ]

Danny Ford was a first time HC when he won our NC.

You guys a USuCk have hired the most experienced HCs you could find and can't even win a division title much less a conference. HTMFH

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When someone viciously attacks Dabo I'll defend him...

Apr 23, 2012, 7:43 PM

I am 100% for Dabo !!

LOL, "not perfect"? How about downright embarrassing?

Apr 23, 2012, 8:33 PM

70 points hung on you in the program's first ever BCS bowl. That's a whole lot more than "not perfect"

^^HAHAHAHAHA^^

Apr 23, 2012, 10:01 PM

I did not at all miss seeing you here. And wouldnt mind not seeing you again

Your boys win their conference yet?***

Apr 24, 2012, 8:21 AM [ in reply to LOL, "not perfect"? How about downright embarrassing? ]

come on man

Apr 24, 2012, 8:46 AM

1969 says hello; they even got a banner...

AND if they'd scored 41 more points against auburn, almost anything could've happened in OT.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: come on man

Apr 24, 2012, 9:04 AM

I can't believe that moron is still here.

Re: THE ACC SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! We won 10 games & the ACC and

Apr 24, 2012, 3:14 AM

Your an idiot. Clemson had their only servicable left tackle out in those games. Not to mention Scar is a good football team and WVU is under rated every year. WVU put up a total of 533 yards on the nations number 2 defense in LSU. This team had a first year starter at qb take them to a 10-4 season. The coaching staff needs time to change the mentality of the players. So wait until after this season before judging the staff. It wont be all pretty blow out wins but i promise you will see this team play tougher and harder then last years team.

null

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic