Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: What are Clemson's chances to make CFB Playoff with a loss to UNC?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

FB Update: What are Clemson's chances to make CFB Playoff with a loss to UNC?

Dec 3, 2015, 3:11 PM

What are Clemson's chances to make CFB Playoff with a loss to UNC?

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hmmmm seems irrelevant***

Dec 3, 2015, 3:11 PM

Good call...+1.***

Dec 3, 2015, 3:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What are Clemson's chances to make CFB Playoff

Dec 3, 2015, 3:15 PM

Just win baby! And we won't have to worry about it!
GO TIGERS!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why the h3ll is everyone obsessed with losing...

Dec 3, 2015, 4:06 PM

Let's be positive! We will whip the TarHoles!

Stop the negative! Let's go down to The Bank Saturday night and open a fresh can of whup-a$$ on UNCheat.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: What are Clemson's chances to make CFB Playoff with a loss to UNC?

Dec 3, 2015, 3:25 PM

I don't see how when by the committees own standards they place a lot of emphasis on conference titles and head to head which unc would have both over us. Uncs strength of schedule is pathetic but will change after our game. I think people are reading to much into the fact they are 10 now because the committee doesn't work like a traditional poll. Over osu, I could see that.

If The Inbred Bamers Lose And CU Looked Good Maybe***

Dec 3, 2015, 3:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We better play like theres no chance!

Dec 3, 2015, 3:28 PM

That's the ticket...

Dec 3, 2015, 4:10 PM

Let's go back to FUN FOOTBALL. Yeah, the Tigers have played "tight" the last few weeks, but that was just making sure we got this far. From now on, LET IT ALL HANG OUT! Leave it all on the field! There's no tomorrow! Just go out and show what we're made of! La-La-LaLaLaLa-Live For Today!

Tigers 45 - UNCheat 33

Go, Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2011 Bama dropped from #2 to #4 and played in the BCS NCG

Dec 3, 2015, 3:29 PM

against LSU again, beating them the second time. They were not conference champions.

2003, OU lost Big12 35-7 against KState, but played LSU

Dec 3, 2015, 3:35 PM

in the Sugar Bowl, and lost 21-14. Stranger things have happened.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_NCAA_Division_I-A_football_season

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_season

Re: 2003, OU lost Big12 35-7 against KState, but played LSU

Dec 3, 2015, 5:45 PM

Why all this obsession with the doom and gloom? We will play our best and hopefully beat those fake "student" athletes. I don't understand all of this worry. Have faith!!!!

I do, I was just pointing this out. I think this new system

Dec 3, 2015, 7:22 PM

should be about having the 4 best teams in the playoff, not just conference politics
and big school media favorites getting in on technicalities.

That was the BCS, the CFPC is totally different.

Dec 3, 2015, 11:44 PM [ in reply to 2011 Bama dropped from #2 to #4 and played in the BCS NCG ]

If we lose to UNC, & Bama wins, we will be ranked no higher than 6th. Ranking will likely be 1. Bama, 2. OK, 3. MI ST/Iowa winner, 4. Stanford, 5. OhSt, 6. UNC, 7. Clemson

I though you banned yorktiger and...

Dec 3, 2015, 3:33 PM

here he is writing articles for you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1...***

Dec 3, 2015, 3:57 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Listen...

Dec 3, 2015, 3:40 PM

Not saying we wouldn't still have an argument with a loss, but...
quite frankly, I don't see us getting in with a loss...never have.
It would be...
Oklahoma, Mich st (Iowa), Bama and Stanford.

Clemson MUST...must handle UNC.

Everyone keeps saying that, but you are forgetting one thing

Dec 3, 2015, 3:50 PM

Stanford may not win the #### game against USC! If Stanford loses, I think the door does open back up for us to slip in. It wouldn't be fair to UNC, but I see no way Ohio State gets ahead of us when comparing resumes. Our resume is flat out better than Ohio State's! They lost late, we would lose late. I see no real difference the timing of our losses or the quality of our losses. At least we would have made it to the Championship game.

I think it's silly to make that potential loss count more

Dec 3, 2015, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Listen... ]

Than every other team's loss. It may have been the last, but it's not even in the same ballpark as Ole Miss and Texas

Clemson

Certainly isn't fair that we would be left out with 1 loss

Dec 4, 2015, 12:00 AM [ in reply to Listen... ]

Our loss would be to UNC, who would be ranked 5th or 6th after beating us. If MI St beats Iowa, they are in with a loss to Nebraska, Bama will be in with a loss to Ole Miss, OK is in with a loss to Texas. We would still be the only team with TWO wins over top 10 teams, and the only team whose loss is to a top ten team.
But about the only shot we would have of getting in with a loss, is if Bama AND Stanford lose. Then, UNC would probably get the 3rd spot and maybe we would edge out OhST for the 4th spot.

Question...does an Atlantic Div Championship constitute

Dec 3, 2015, 3:59 PM

a championship to the committee? If so, its easy peasy to put Clemson in over Ohio State (who would not have a championship of any sort), but more iffy with Standford (but they have 2 loses). The question then becomes did UNC do enough to jump us? Even with a close head to head win, the body of work says no. Especially since we have been the hunted for so many weeks.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

STOP with the negative talk...

Dec 3, 2015, 4:15 PM

For crying out loud... let's be positive and open a couple cans of whup-a$$ on the TarBabies Saturday night. I don't understand all the negative thinking. We beat ND, and we beat FSU... UNCheat didn't play any teams near that talented all year! We're going to hang 45 on them, and let them chase it. I say DW4 has a career night, beating his stats against the 'Holes in his first start last year.

Go, Tigers!

Re: STOP with the negative talk...

Dec 3, 2015, 6:01 PM

Your post is my favorite of the week! You said it all.

Here is my take on Playoff Prospects (via Sidelines)

Dec 3, 2015, 5:16 PM

http://sidelinesapp.com/item/college-football-playoffs-champions-week/

Just win the #### game!***

Dec 3, 2015, 5:27 PM

zero, winning the conference should be a requirement***

Dec 3, 2015, 5:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not ready to go there

Dec 3, 2015, 6:05 PM

The 'what ifs' seem to be going around. Right now, all I want is for the Tigers to beat UNCheat.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: FB Update: What are Clemson's chances to make CFB Playoff with a loss to UNC?***

Dec 3, 2015, 6:09 PM

Re: FB Update: What are Clemson's chances to make CFB Playoff with a loss to UNC?***

Re: FB Update: What are Clemson's chances to make CFB Playoff with a loss to UNC?

Dec 3, 2015, 6:14 PM

Let's just kick the naysayers to the curb, go in and play hard and beat North Carolina and take care of business. GO TIGERS!!!

Lose? Ain't happening!***

Dec 3, 2015, 6:29 PM

You are kidding....the football pundits are circling the ..

Dec 3, 2015, 6:33 PM

The wagons now against The Tigers with NO loses...we HAVE to win this game and convincingly to shut these A Holes up.
GO TIGERS STOMP UNC

playoffs?! Playoffs?!

Dec 3, 2015, 8:54 PM

Shoot...those people would have a field day full of reasons keeping the Tigers out of the playoff. Just win baby

Re: playoffs?! Playoffs?!

Dec 4, 2015, 10:54 AM

Face it: we've all been nervous at times this year. Remember your guts churning before ND, and again before FSU, and again for USC? This game is like the last one. USC had nothing to lose and everything to gain. Ditto UNC. They know that a win puts them in contention for the playoff. But, we also know that a win pretty much assures our spot in the final four. I have to believe that Swinny and Venables have our guys focused in. I believe that we'll pay as well tomorrow as we did against our two top ten opponents. Be nervous all you want; that is natural for all of us. But have some faith in a team that has exceeded all of our expectations this year. They can, should, and will play lights out. If they do, we will win. If they play as they played in the last 3 or 4 games, we will not. They know all this, and they want to continue playing through December and into January. Enough negative talk and speculation. Be Tigers and support ours.

Dec 3, 2015, 9:01 PM

I think us getting in over UNC if they beat us is the most ridiculous thing I have read in a long time. Just win the D*** game! If they beat us on the field, my vote would go to them. It ain't gonna happen, GO TIGERS!

Dec 3, 2015, 9:46 PM

This is stupid.

We're NOT getting in if we lose Saturday.

I is worried,

Dec 4, 2015, 12:09 AM

knows UNC hasn't won a big game since Mack Brown, but still gonna be on edge. Contain Williams & stuff Hood.

The Null Set***

Dec 4, 2015, 11:09 AM

ESPiN would love the Tigers to go into the game thinking

Dec 4, 2015, 11:21 AM

they can get in, even if they lose! So would all of the SEC backers. The Tigers do not need to even think about having a loser mentality. If the committee has almost voted Alabama, a team that has lost to a three-loss Ole Miss, as number one over the Tigers, they better know that the chances are very LOW that they would be in the top four as a loser.

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic