Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
hey trumpers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 585

hey trumpers

Jul 2, 2020, 7:42 PM

just so I’m clear, when exactly is this plague sposed to just disappear? asking for a friend and me

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

Re: hey trumpers

Jul 2, 2020, 7:46 PM

You have a friend?!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2020, 8:04 PM

yes. i'm an awesome person

Is your friend Fauci?

Jul 2, 2020, 7:53 PM

Asking for a friend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2020, 7:58 PM

Supposedly this past Easter according to Trump.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2020, 8:07 PM

guess this is the winning, he was talking about.

Jul 2, 2020, 8:17 PM

What does Trump or any of his supporters have to do with this “plague’s” duration? Almost everyone was anticipated it to die out in warmer weather...Everybody!

Jul 2, 2020, 8:28 PM

maybe there was some at the very beginning. I don't recall what everyone said. I know some said they expected it to be seasonal, like the flu. Most quickly realized thats not the case, as there were hot spots all over the globe that getting lots of cases.

Regardless nobody of any importance thinks it's gonna go away all of a sudden now. Except trump... NOBODY

Jul 2, 2020, 8:29 PM

You mean the “plague” that college kids give prizes at parties to the first to catch it? That plague?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2020, 12:46 AM

Or the “plague” where hundreds of thousands of people alphabets reared positive but hasn’t even sneezed once?

Jul 2, 2020, 9:08 PM

Labor Day

it seems to have weakened substantially already

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Herd immunity is our only hope.

Jul 2, 2020, 9:28 PM

I believe it will happen when ~30% of the population has caught the bug.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why would 30% provide herd immunity?

Jul 3, 2020, 1:56 AM

seems like it could still spread pretty easily with only 30%

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think 'herd immunity' is total BS. How can 30, 50, etc.%

Jul 3, 2020, 10:37 AM

keep the other 70, 50 etc.% from acquiring it? The only way I see that happening is if the virus were to weaken, either in severity or transmissibility. Otherwise, half or whatever have had it and half are waiting to get it... Considering some known cases of reacquiring, even that isn't a given...

I think we're on the same page on this...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s only a theory in epidemiology

Jul 5, 2020, 2:02 PM

based on animal herds. Idea is to let the pathogen kill the old and weak, while the young and strong survive and develop immunity. When enough of the herd is immune, it’s less likely that an infected animal will come in contact with unexposed animals and the pathogen dies out. It’s just simple probability at that point. There isn’t consensus that it even applies to people today because of the ease and frequency of travel.

In an animal herd, the old and weak are of lesser value than the young and strong. For people in the developed world, however, knowledge is more important to society than strength.

I don't know about Trump or not-Trump, but the CDC says

Jul 2, 2020, 10:23 PM

that 26 million Americans have already had it, nearly 1 in 10, and that the fatality rate is now down to .4% and falling, and that includes all the nursing home deaths and over 75s with health issues, which is most of the deaths. For under 60, the fatality rate is about half that, and for the healthy its even lower. While the number of cases is rising, the number of deaths is falling. That's per the cdc. I don't know how you define going away, but if you're talking about a plague, and whether it's going away, yes it is, per the CDC. HTH.

As a compassionate person, you see this as very good news, I assume.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't know about Trump or not-Trump, but the CDC says

Jul 2, 2020, 10:49 PM

Reports of covid hospitalizations in Texas are fake news. Texas ICUs were between 80 and 90% full this time last year. From fear of the virus many of the sick waited until they were extremely sick to report to doctors. Of course they are tested for the virus and admitted as being covid patients when other illness brought about their visits to their doctors.

The government is automatically granting hospitals 33 thousand dollars for every covid patient so there is the incentive for false reporting. It's been that way since day one. George Floyd was covid positive and no one is claiming he died of covid.

The MSM is gone batchit crazy pushing fake news.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right after you die after a long, slow

Jul 3, 2020, 9:02 AM

and lonely death, intubated in an old greasy ICU

Bewm! Sick burn.

Jul 3, 2020, 9:45 AM

All I can do is tip my hat. Congrats man. I thought we had your boy Coronavirus down but NO. Your team is making an impressive showing. I still say we win in the end but I'll give credit where credit is due. Congrats again.

null

Re: Bewm! Sick burn.

Jul 3, 2020, 10:50 AM

You are correct. NY and NJ not only have the most deaths by far, but people fleeing those mismanaged states have spread the Covid all over the country. Congrats to them.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bewm! Sick burn.

Jul 3, 2020, 1:18 PM [ in reply to Bewm! Sick burn. ]

good job of conflating.
pointing out stupid things that a jacka$$ orangutan says is not rooting for the virus. good try tho

It's okay, Tony. You can admit that when the Ford

Jul 3, 2020, 2:33 PM

Study came out indicating that Hydroxychloroquin reduced the mortality rate in Covid patients, you were disappointed.

Don't worry, it's just one study. Hopefully it's an outlier.

null

Re: It's okay, Tony. You can admit that when the Ford

Jul 3, 2020, 2:45 PM

I was disappointed? ### are you talking about?

When trump said he was taking it. I did say it’s not a good idea to say such things until a Doctor or medical professional would ok that. It is/was a reckless thing to say before there are studies and peer reviewed. I would say that about anyone that wants to experiment with untested drugs. Why can’t you understand that?
People see and hear what they want tho I suppose

You wanted him to lie?***

Jul 3, 2020, 2:47 PM

null

Re: You wanted him to lie?***

Jul 3, 2020, 3:10 PM

Do you not understand English? What I said (Again) was pretty clear

Huh. Okay. Obviously I'm not following.

Jul 1, 2021, 11:00 PM

I'm sure it's me.

null

Re: Huh. Okay. Obviously I'm not following.

Jul 3, 2020, 3:13 PM

You must be in that poorly educated group that trump did so well with

One fact that is not disputable is the European Union has kicked our

Jul 4, 2020, 10:40 AM

Butt when it comes to how their governments handle the coronavirus. Scoreboard is scoreboard. If you don’t believe me look up the graphs and see the difference in the curves. We are the wealthiest country in the world with arguably the worlds greatest health system. How did this happen? Let’s face it. Trump was not cut out to be the President during a pandemic. To be fair, he does deserve credit for stopping the flights from China and did a decent job mobilizing private companies for ventilators and mask. But Trump is not an honest moral person. He changes narratives to fit his agenda and is incapable of selfless leadership. Mother Nature demands reality-based thinking, and this is impossible for Trump

Replies: 27
| visibility 585
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic