Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Herbstreit on “Clemsoning”
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Herbstreit on “Clemsoning”

Oct 10, 2015, 9:04 PM

"See, I think they changed this mentality four years ago. This to me is just old news. Clemson is not the 'Clemsoning'. They don’t do that anymore. If they lose today, it’s because Georgia Tech out-executed them. Their offense finally started to click and they made plays. But Clemson’s not, in my opinion, gonna look at Georgia Tech and say 'aw, it’s just Georgia Tech'. They don’t do that. They’ve not done that since he’s been the head coach. I don’t anticipate that."

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Herbie's epiphany came sometime around Jan 3, 2014.***

Oct 10, 2015, 9:17 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: Herbie's epiphany came sometime around Jan 3, 2014.***

Oct 10, 2015, 9:18 PM

Didn't he originally coin the phrase? I know it came from ESPN.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2015, 9:21 PM

Bernie has been pumping us since Bowden was our coach. Coach Swinney has given him a reason not to look stupid.

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Oct 10, 2015, 9:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Herbie's epiphany came sometime around Jan 3, 2014.*** ]

think it was Jesse Palmer

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually I believe it started on a sports message board

Oct 10, 2015, 9:31 PM

by none other than our rival. It started back when Bowden was coach, but really didn't have much steam. It should have been called Bowdening.

It is really unfortunate that ESPN and the rest of the sports media no longer do their own homework. They really just respond to social media and push agendas. But if you think about it you shouldn't be surprised because we all know you will not find a sports reporter that graduated anywhere near the top of their class! So expecting them to actually do any homework is a little unrealistic.

Re: Herbstreit on “Clemsoning”

Oct 10, 2015, 9:36 PM

Point being, Clemson has always been singled out for this. No other teams, and there are plenty that should have to take this abuse (not that it should be tolerated for 18-22 year olds)that we have had shoved down our throats for 4-5 years, if not longer.

Oct 10, 2015, 9:49 PM

I thought it was Jesse Palmer at the WV game that started that phrase.

Oct 10, 2015, 9:59 PM

You are right.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic