Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Help..Streaming TV question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Help..Streaming TV question

Oct 30, 2019, 8:48 AM

Now that Playstation Vue is ending what is the best option to view the ACC network and Braves games?
Prefer one that has the option for multiple TV viewing. Please Help!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YouTube TV

Oct 30, 2019, 8:57 AM

It has ACCN and Fox Sports for Braves games. You can have 3 simultaneous streams. I think there is an option to add more streams if you need it, but I'm not sure what the cost is.

I've also heard Hulu TV is pretty good, but it might not have your local ABC affiliate. I don't know for sure since I haven't tried it.

Here's a pretty good channel comparison of the major streaming services.
https://www.cnet.com/news/at-t-now-vs-youtube-tv-vs-sling-tv-vs-hulu-and-more-live-tv-channels-compared/

Re: YouTube TV

Oct 30, 2019, 9:02 AM

We also use YouTubeTV. I've not watched Braves in a while but YTTV also has TBS if Braves still play on it. It seems to have less buffering issues than we experienced with other streaming options.

Also - YTTV is NOT COMPATIBLE with 1st Gen FireSticks. So if that is how you stream, you may want to upgrade to newer sticks. We caught some FireStick 4K on sale for $24.99 on Amazon a few weeks ago. All of our apps run better now - Hulu, Netflix etc all lightning fast now.

Re: Help..Streaming TV question

Oct 30, 2019, 9:08 AM

vue is not ending just being sold......dont have to switch....i have vue love it not switching....

Oct 30, 2019, 9:11 AM

oh heck just googled it....stopping as of jan 2020....darn....i tried youtube as a trial membership liked that.....probably what ill switch to myself.....man this stinks.....

Oct 30, 2019, 9:49 AM

Yeah I liked Vue lay-out. I really thought Amazon or one of the others looking to get into streaming live TV would buy it. But they didn't. Or haven't yet.

Oct 30, 2019, 10:13 AM

It looks like they were in negotiations with FuboTV and that fell through. It's just not profitable for Sony. I think they thought they would have a leg up on the market by being bundled with PS4, but it's never worked out.

This is funny

Oct 30, 2019, 10:39 AM

Oct 30, 2019, 9:39 AM

Youtube TV is loaded with sports!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2019, 9:46 AM

I have att now and it’s good too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2019, 10:37 AM

Youtube TV is definitely the way to go. Besides what everyone else has said about it you can also bring it tailgating and stream your phone to the tv and don't have to mess with setting up a satellite dish.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can do that with any streaming service

Oct 30, 2019, 10:41 AM

Heck.. you can do it with charter Spectrum.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Oct 30, 2019, 8:37 PM

Will have to switch out of PSvue. YTTV looks to be the best option given my brief view of it. Anyone have experience with Roku devices to access it? Also with three TVs, can each have different programs telecast with one account?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Oct 30, 2019, 11:52 PM

I use a Roku on each TV. Mainly so my wife can select and control the TV easily, but she has a separate Google account to sign in with, and therefore can record HER shows to HER library, and I don't have to wade thru all that nonsense to get to what I recorded to MY library. You don't need a Roku to do that, but if anyone in your household is not very tech-savvy (and maybe old like us), then the Roku solves some of that for you. I even got the Roku that can use a microphone to search, etc instead of trying to click letters on the screen, and it allows 4K content to be viewed (not sure about all that though).

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic