Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Help with finding some of these
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,472

Help with finding some of these

Mar 29, 2020, 8:09 AM
Mask.jpg(63.5 K)

My daughter has been having to use the same mask for quite a while now and desperately needs some new ones. I know this is a long shot but if anyone knows where I can get 1 to 100 of these I would appreciate it. I have some of the that are similar but they are too large for her. She needs a small in this mask. What really steams me is that I see people wearing these all over the place when I'm traveling but an ER doctor can't get their hands on any of them. Any help would be appreciated.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Help with finding some of these

Mar 29, 2020, 8:15 AM

Try local construction companies and contractors.

Any hospital administrator that is low should be contacting the governors office, who then will reach out to fema.

Mar 29, 2020, 8:19 AM

You do realize that hospitals are not providing all PPE for the employees. Some things they are on their own with. These masks you won't find in the construction business. These aren't grass cutting paper masks. These are the type masks that our front line workers need to be wearing. They come in contact with hundreds of possible victims a day and it is not by choice.

Mar 29, 2020, 8:53 AM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/techcrunch.com/2020/03/17/white-house-asks-construction-companies-to-donate-their-n95-masks-to-hospitals/amp/

Construction companies across the country are donating the industrial N95 mask. The industrial N95 masks “are perfectly acceptable for healthcare workers to be protected from a respiratory disease.”

Whats a grass cutting mask?

Sorry for trying to help

Mar 29, 2020, 10:14 AM

Tensions are high I guess, brother. Nice of you to try to help...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2020, 8:15 AM

Good luck, brother. Prayers for her success. I'm in the safety business and I can't get them at all.

Prayers for her safety and for your peace. Nothing worse than worrying about one of your kids.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've got a couple of N95 approved sanding/fiberglass

Mar 29, 2020, 9:03 AM

respirator masks (See attached photo). I don't see a size on them (appear to be small/medium?) and the use by date has passed - 04/2019. If you are still interested I can send them to you - just Tmail me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've got a couple of N95 approved sanding/fiberglass

Mar 29, 2020, 10:30 AM

Yes, that's the difference in the construction/industrial. They are one size fits all. The medical masks come in sizes and procedure specific construction. She would take anything as long as it's small enough to fit her. A mask too large is basically useless. I appreciate all the responses. I'm on the hunt. It behooves me that we live in the US and can't produce these masks in mass quantities. I just don't get it.

Mar 29, 2020, 11:27 AM

T-Mail me your mailing address and I'll send them to you. If the masks are too big for her - maybe she has a co-worker that can use them.

PS... What really upsets me is that 3M is a USA founded company that is manufacturing millions of these masks in China. However, the Chinese Government won't allow 3M to ship any of those masks out of China. Just more proof that we must to stop making deals with the cheap labor devil (i.e. China) and bring these capabilities back to the USA.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2020, 11:38 AM

I’m not sure the wealthy capitalist will see it that way ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2020, 11:34 AM

Harbor freight maybe

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2020, 11:44 AM

Not sure this will help, but i have seen YouTube sites that illustrate how to make them using heat/air filter,staple gun and elastic bands that women(and a few misguided "males")use to do their pony tails...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2020, 11:44 AM

Where I use to work we would use these cutting concrete or asphalt. And we would get boxes of them from construction supply businesses. They weren’t the cheap paper ones. Before you knock it call around or stop by some of those places and see.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,472
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic