Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Help with Tailgate Setup
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 101

Help with Tailgate Setup

Aug 5, 2019, 11:20 PM

Hi Tigers - I'm looking for help setting up a tailgate for my group of 18 Aggies on 9/7. All spots via the Tailgate Group are sold out so I'm looking to get a little creative.

I would need someone to buy all supplies including two tents, several chairs, cooler, food, drinks, etc. and secure a good spot for us. Cost would be fully covered of course, you can keep anything that's left over, and we can negotiate a fee for your time and effort. Would be an ideal task for a student looking to make some cash and leave with a solid tailgating setup that's been used once.

Much of this group came in 2005 and had an awesome time. Would greatly appreciate the help!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Help with Tailgate Setup

Aug 6, 2019, 1:01 AM

You're going to have a few challenges, but they're all solvable if you are legitimate. Here's where I see some hurdles to your request:

1) You're asking for someone that doesn't know you to spend over $2000. Conversely, you're going to give a lot of money to someone you don't know, which seems like a bad idea.
2) You'll need 2 parking spots that you want to be "good" for the biggest home game of the year for the defending national champions. My estimate is that that'll run you $500-$1000. It'll also be extremely difficult (if not impossible) to find 2 spots together in any of the premium spots.
3) You'd need to put down a security deposit equal to the cost of the tailgating equipment that you are essentially renting 1 time to guarantee against your guests damaging the 'rental' equipment.

Your estimated costs: $1,000 for 2 good parking spots, $500 for 2 tents & 8 chairs, $500+ for food and drinks, $500 fee for setup/services, and finally that $500 security deposit for the 1-time use rental.

That's $3k, site unseen, for an unprofessionally catered 5-6 hour event. Certainly it's doable. But why would you?

You can buy parking passes here on Tigernet using the ticket forum. You can fly into town 1 day early and make a run to Walmart. You can buy everything you want 10 minutes away and then you can just leave it where you used it (or give it to someone or whatever). Ask us for advice on where you should park based on what you're willing to spend. I think you'll find everyone's really friendly and will freely offer their insights. But, for your first post here, this request seems a little bit extreme.

Good luck!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you seen the Fyre Festival Documentary?

Aug 6, 2019, 10:46 AM

Just sayin

Aug 6, 2019, 10:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Help with Tailgate Setup ]

Thanks for the response. Agree with most of your financial analysis ($500 security deposit though, LOL). Given we're paying $300 a ticket just to get into Death Valley, pile on the costs!

I've never met a Clemson alum I didn't like which is why I was willing to trust one (with proper vetting of course) with this. The parking information was helpful. I may have some more questions there.

In talking with our crew more, I do think this is something we can make happen without full-on help. We've done the "buy everything, leave it there" approach several times in the past but this trip is a little different logistically.

Thanks again for the help.

Aug 9, 2019, 8:03 AM

Could anyone provide a rundown of the various lots? Looking to buy a parking pass. Are some all rich old alums? Families? Raging undergrads?

This link has the most options I’ve found:

https://www.stubhub.com/clemson-tigers-football-tickets-clemson-tigers-football-clemson-clemson-memorial-stadium-parking-lots-9-7-2019/event/104017950/

Cherry rd lot? ### is that?***

Aug 9, 2019, 8:24 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Aug 9, 2019, 8:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Help with Tailgate Setup ]

Most all lots are great tailgating lots. Best ones are 1, 2, 3, 5, Jervey, and 13 (East Beach lot). I can help you out with two spots beside each other in 13 if you need it.

Aug 9, 2019, 12:50 PM

Do tell me more about those Lot 13 spots please!

Aug 9, 2019, 8:15 PM

Send an email to golonghorns97 at yahoo.com

Aug 12, 2019, 3:36 PM

idk if this is legit or troll, but I chuckled

How many weiners would you fellas be needing?

Aug 9, 2019, 8:06 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Aug 9, 2019, 10:50 AM

If you have no takers on your original proposal, and if cost is no objective, you might consider contacting a professional caterer in the area about what you need.

If cost is a factor, you might consider stopping at Walmart on the way into town and buying everything you need to DIY.

If DIY is too much of a hassle, you might consider doing your tailgating at somewhere like the world famous Esso Club. A memory that will last forever. Don't let the name fool you; the word 'Club' is used loosely.

Good luck and hope y'all have a great time.

Aug 9, 2019, 10:58 AM

You might want to check the "Tickets" section of TigerNet - there are ads for parking spaces for the TAMU game, and I saw one at East Beach that was for two side-by-side spaces.

https://www.tigernet.com/Clemson-Football-Parking/Texas-A&M-1276/forsale

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2019, 7:24 PM

You might check this site. It is on campus and i have seen other schools like Louisville set up a huge tailgate here. I think you would have to reserve if it is still available.

https://calendar.clemson.edu/carillon_gardens#.XU3_ICUpDDs

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2019, 7:48 PM

Also you might try a group like this. I havent tried them, but they look pretty good.

https://tailgategroup.com/clemson-south-carolina/tailgating-services

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2019, 1:40 PM

They're fully booked for the A&M game

Aug 12, 2019, 2:00 PM

Another question: Do you guys know of any place that delivers lunch to a tailgate location? Something simple like a Jimmy John's or pizza? I don't want an elaborate catered lunch, just food in a bag for a group.

Your better bet may be to walk over to

Aug 12, 2019, 3:19 PM

Papa John's and get some pizza.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Food in a bag at anClemson tailgate? Lawd have mercy!

Aug 12, 2019, 5:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Help with Tailgate Setup ]

Check back closer to game time...I’m sure some TNetters can hook you up at their tailgate. We haven’t started planning yet so not sure if I can accommodate that many but it’s possible.

Replies: 18
| visibility 101
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic