Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
at this point I think DJT is TRYING to not get re-elected
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 866

at this point I think DJT is TRYING to not get re-elected

Jul 8, 2020, 12:26 PM

smh

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/08/politics/trump-cdc-school-guidelines-funding/index.html

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I heard the other day that some believe

Jul 8, 2020, 12:28 PM

he is gearing up to start his own cable news network in order to combat the MSM. That would be incredibly difficult, but it makes sense and I could seeing him using it to defend his policies and positions once out of office.

Sorry, I keep replying to you. Not following creeper style, just deathly bored today.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He could just change the name of OANN to TNN, no?***

Jul 8, 2020, 12:45 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So buy a derpy tv channel to troll with

Jul 8, 2020, 1:07 PM

and then bankrupt it? Sounds fun.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He could just change the name of OANN to TNN, no?***

Jul 8, 2020, 1:37 PM [ in reply to He could just change the name of OANN to TNN, no?*** ]

I am pretty sure Don Junior already is part owner of OAN. I do not have any proof, I just know it is true.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He could just change the name of OANN to TNN, no?***

Jul 9, 2020, 7:31 AM

Many people say that.

I believe that's the long game

Jul 8, 2020, 1:28 PM [ in reply to I heard the other day that some believe ]

why else would so many of these talking heads are going head over heels for Trump like Tucker and Hannity along with some lesser known ones.

They are wanting to be the flagship for the new Trump network where they can say what they want when they want with impunity as long as it doesn't anger Trump and the MyPillow guy will still pay for it.

Right now they can't say what they really want to say without Fox possibly pulling them if their advertisers boycott

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Those two in particular are already at the top of the charts

Jul 8, 2020, 1:35 PM

at Fox, right? They've "made it". Switching to some sort of TNN network would be a huge step back, right?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Depends on money of course but when you're making

Jul 8, 2020, 1:40 PM

all the money you could ever want what else do you want? Security.

Right now both peddle the most insane conspiracy theories but they at least TRY to make the perception that they are basing it in facts.

Once the flagship of their own extreme right wing news agency where the viewers LOVE conspiracy theories, they can do and say what they want without worrying about these big hitter sponsors leaving and the executives running for the hills.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Those two in particular are already at the top of the charts

Jul 8, 2020, 6:43 PM [ in reply to Those two in particular are already at the top of the charts ]

Depends.

Stuff's about to change bigly at some point in the very near future over at Fox. For starters Poppa Murdoch is 90 and his son Lachlan, who now technically runs the joint, is not a fan. Lachlan's a conservative Libertarian and his ethos is a lot more aligned with the Koch Brothers...well, Koch Brother, anyway, since David just died.

This Party of Trump alliance is very much old Rupert's thing...and persistent rumor indicates that the first head Lachlan intends to have on his plate as a first order of business when Rupert passes is Hannity's.

Carlson's done a better job of occasionally distancing himself from Trump enough from time to time that he'll be a lot better able to pivot away when the moment seems opportune...but unlike Hannity, who is according to most reports a genuine Alt-Right psychopath with a questionable grasp on reality and who has an ego that rivals Trump's, Tucker Carlson is very much a performer and knows it.

It'll be interesting to see what a post-Trump/post-Rupert Fox News looks like. My best bet is they pivot back closer to the middle and leave the far right for the likes of OAN. That's bad news for Hannity...but maybe not for Tucker Carlson, who knows how to tailor his act. If all that happened Carlson would probably wind up in Hannity's chair.

I agree with this. I listen to Hannity's radio show and

Jul 8, 2020, 8:52 PM

Ben Shapiro's because they are entertaining to me. I believe each is playing the next hand.

There WILL be a post Trump eventually. Hannity is hook line and sinker going with whatever Trump does. He will go down with the ship.

Shapiro is interesting because he started out like Hannity but quickly realized there was no room for him there. His schticht of being the young whiz kid didn't leave any room with the other heavy hitters in the genre and he's quickly been moving back to center and openly criticizing some of what Trump does.

I think Tucker is extremely smart. I think Shapiro is extremely smart. Both are leaving themselves an out if Trump (who nobody can get a handle on) goes off the rails even more than what he has. I think they are waiting like the rest of the country for that one thing that Trump says where 90% of the population goes, whelp that's too far, no more Trump.

Hannity is smart in a way, but his show is extremely lazy. He LITERALLY repeats the same questions, the same phrases, has the same guests on where he asks the same questions day in and day out. This is his radio program so his night time show may be different. I personally believe he has finally found somebody to latch on to that gives him that desperate need he has for power (since it has been said that Trump calls him almost every night after his show is over). That's why he is going down with the ship. He's never had that kind of influence and power before and his ego will not let him leave it.

Re: I agree with this. I listen to Hannity's radio show and

Jul 8, 2020, 9:02 PM

I can't stand hannity for exactly what you just said

Jul 9, 2020, 9:25 AM [ in reply to I agree with this. I listen to Hannity's radio show and ]

It's impossible to listen to.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Re: I believe that's the long game

Jul 8, 2020, 3:56 PM [ in reply to I believe that's the long game ]

Tucker needs no one. That guy (unless he pulls a Bill OReilly with the wimmens) will be ruffling feathers for many many years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: at this point I think DJT is TRYING to not get re-elected

Jul 8, 2020, 12:30 PM

Jul 8, 2020, 1:30 PM

Europe did not get hit harder than us. Florida has more cases than all of France right now...

Oh nooooooo!

Jul 8, 2020, 2:12 PM

Oh, I didn't know I needed to explain this line you're a 5yo

Jul 14, 2020, 12:34 PM

More cases = more deaths.

Sweden has told the WHO and CDC and everyone else

Jul 8, 2020, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Re: at this point I think DJT is TRYING to not get re-elected ]

From a Forbes article

The result of the unique approach was less catastrophic than many predicted, despite the increased death rate. The country had three times as many deaths per capita compared to Denmark, Finland and Norway as of May 15, but it fared better than the United Kingdom and Spain while also lessening the economic impact of the pandemic.

(It’s worth noting that the gap between Sweden and its neighboring countries has grown significantly since May 15, to between 10 and 20 times as many deaths per 100,000 population compared to Denmark, Finland and Norway.)

Yes, let's do what they did!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 8, 2020, 12:44 PM

Agree.

Less Trump is more at this point.

Yeah. I'm not buying that narrative. He just doesn't know

Jul 8, 2020, 12:50 PM

any better. This is who and what he is.

He thinks he can tell his minions what to do and they will do it.

I've seen no evidence that he is wrong.

Sometimes I still just wonder about that conspiracy...

Jul 8, 2020, 1:04 PM

That he was a Dem plant all along to truly wreck the GOP going forward. Whether or not that's the case, he's done an admirable job of doing just that.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

I can't believe the Democrats are that competent.

Jul 8, 2020, 1:08 PM

The Republican party self-destructing is much more credible.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I can't believe the Democrats are that competent.

Jul 8, 2020, 3:44 PM

The Republican party self-destructing is much more credible.

It really is self-destructing. The modern GOP bears little resemblance to the party of Goldwater, Reagan, Helms and others. You could disagree with those men and still respect them. Now, the GOP is the party of Trump.

Imagine what Reagan, Clinton, Eisenhower, Bush 1, or Bush2 would have done had there even been a 'hint' that Russians were paying a bounty to terrorists on US soldiers lives? Any of them would have sent a very strong message that that will not be tolerated.

Helms as in Jesse Helms?

Jul 8, 2020, 10:54 PM

No respect for him at all.

I'm not sure what Trump should have done, but I

Jul 8, 2020, 11:24 PM [ in reply to Re: I can't believe the Democrats are that competent. ]

would have liked more.

Let's back up though...are you really of the belief that third party proxy soldiers haven't been paid by Russia to kill our soldiers for 50+ years? You really think this is a new development?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

... and vice versa.***

Jul 9, 2020, 6:44 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dude is too much of a narcisist to want to lose an election***

Jul 8, 2020, 2:31 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think one of the problems they're going to run into is

Jul 8, 2020, 3:38 PM

teacher sickness. 30% of American teachers are 50 and older. I'm not sure how you can protect them. Plus the kids will go home to older parents and grandparents. It's going to be a tricky project for sure.

Same way we protect people everywhere else

Jul 8, 2020, 3:48 PM

30 kids in a 12x16 room with an air conditioner

Jul 8, 2020, 3:53 PM

circulating the same air.

Good luck.

Re: 30 kids in a 12x16 room with an air conditioner

Jul 8, 2020, 3:59 PM

I saw video from the classrooms in Wuhan

Jul 8, 2020, 9:15 PM [ in reply to 30 kids in a 12x16 room with an air conditioner ]

The kids are back in school. They put acrylic or polycarbonate shields around three sides of each desk in the classrooms. There are things to do with the circulating air (UV lights in the duct work for example) or just reduce the exchange with outside air.

Re: I saw video from the classrooms in Wuhan

Jul 8, 2020, 11:25 PM

I'd think you'd want a stronger one

Jul 8, 2020, 11:40 PM

for this. X-rays would be better, but you would need some lead or thick steel around the duct.

The transmission rate from children is much, much lower.***

Jul 8, 2020, 10:57 PM [ in reply to I think one of the problems they're going to run into is ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How dare you bring science into this!***

Jul 8, 2020, 11:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't overthink this.

Jul 8, 2020, 11:28 PM

Every parent wants to see their kid(s) back in school. The little chits have been climbing the walls for months and the parents need to get back on track, back to normal with regular hours.

What Trump is doing is discouraging any efforts to make returning the kids to school difficult. At first people might balk at Trump's comments but when they examine the circumstances they will agree.

Trump should jerk all the federal funds away from schools which refuse to open. Taxpayers pay to get the children educated. If the teachers and the administrators don't want to work let them go hungry.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't overthink this.

Jul 8, 2020, 11:36 PM

Trump can’t take funds from schools

Jul 9, 2020, 7:34 AM [ in reply to Don't overthink this. ]

Without congressional approval. And the fed only provides about 10% of public school funding from what I read this morning.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 39
| visibility 866
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic