Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Justyn Ross' timeline for return to football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

TNET: Justyn Ross' timeline for return to football

Jan 15, 2021, 10:18 AM

Justyn Ross' timeline for return to football

Clemson fans rejoiced Thursday evening when wide receiver Justyn Ross announced on social media that he would forego the NFL Draft and return to Clemson for a f Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well that's a little bit of a Debbie downer story....

Jan 15, 2021, 10:36 AM

Praying he gets back to full speed and contributes to our upcoming season.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: well that's a little bit of a Debbie downer story....

Jan 15, 2021, 10:52 AM

Yeah I guess I thought that meant good to go. Hopefully it eventually will but I want him to be healthy whether playing or not playing

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: well that's a little bit of a Debbie downer story....

Jan 15, 2021, 11:15 AM

I could be wrong, but I think at this point they all feel he should be ready to play this fall assuming he doesn't have any setbacks. I think they're obviously playing it safe(as they should) and not putting a specific timeline on an expected return. A timeline would potentially put too much pressure on him to do too much too soon, and would also make it seem as if something bad happened in his recovery if he weren't quite ready by that timeline.

Re: TNET: Justyn Ross' timeline for return to football

Jan 15, 2021, 10:42 AM

I'm happy that he's making progress. Would love to have him back sometime during the season, but he paid his way in season one.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Earn that degree and you'll be good to go

Jan 15, 2021, 11:06 AM

with whatever happens in life, whether that includes playing or not. Of course I hope you are fully able to play the game you clearly love so much!

Go Tigers!!

Jan 15, 2021, 11:12 AM

I would hate myself if I, as a fan, encouraged him to play and he got a serious injury. (Not that he hears what I think). But gosh he adds so much excitement to the game. I hope he's putting his time to good use in the classroom. That's what will last a lifetime!

Jan 15, 2021, 11:14 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

He'll be back. Of course they wont say that for sure on 1/15

Jan 15, 2021, 11:16 AM

They wont predict the future, but he's ahead of schedule with nothing to suggest he will not be playing come Fall. He's making great progress, and really wants it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

I think it’s been confirmed by the Dr.

Jan 15, 2021, 1:19 PM

If I’m remembering correct he had another check up sometime around Christmas or right after that Dabo said was going to be a major box to check if he was going to be able to play this year. Then a few weeks later he announces he’s coming back with the obvious intention of playing. If he was just gonna come back and continue rehab I doubt they would have announced it especially with a hype video. He may have some more boxes to check off to be 100% but I would guess they guaranteed him he will play football sometime this year.

Re: I think it’s been confirmed by the Dr.***

Jan 15, 2021, 7:06 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think it’s been confirmed by the Dr.

Jan 15, 2021, 7:10 PM [ in reply to I think it’s been confirmed by the Dr. ]

Your analysis is spot on. Clearly they have given great encouragement to him which convinced him to announce that he is returning. By fall, he should be ready to go.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2021, 11:25 AM

Did anyone really think that he was already a lock to play again? The message all along has been optimistic but it's still a spinal issue that Justyn is recovering from. I'm as hopeful as anyone that he can play again. But as far as I'm concerned, if he is indeed back in the WR rotation on Saturdays (and eventually Sundays), it's gravy not necessity.

Jan 15, 2021, 11:35 AM

I think he is a lock to return and play the first game of next season. I suspiciously believe that all boxes have already been checked. Somebody doesn't put out a return video like he did to not be ready to play come next season. They can blow smoke about him not being "100%" yet, but I refuse to believe it. Excited to see what he can do with a normal offseason and the relationship that he is able to build with DJU.

Jan 15, 2021, 11:32 AM

YESSSSSSSSS! Go Tigers!

Jan 15, 2021, 12:56 PM

I have paused that 2nd video just to post that if Justyn Ross hadn't had to have corrective surgery bc of an UT-OH that was found after his birth, he would have without a doubt been the best WR in college FB, and he wouldn't have gotten close to winning the heisman trophy the way that is was given to DeVonta Smith, and it is a travesty that players will be denied awards like the Heisman bc of the college they chose to play for, and that is the "Real" reason that Trevor Lawrence didn't win the Heisman, it had everything to do with the college that he chose, and that has to be the actual truth when it is said by most that he is the best QB to enter the NFL in the past 20-25 years, and yet they give it to a WR that played for the big time Alabama FB program!!! The heisman is now the same as using a newspaper for toilet paper!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t think we will ever have a heisman

Jan 15, 2021, 1:13 PM

If Trevor can’t win being the best player in football, the consensus #1 pick, and with everything he done off the field this year, plus his playing numbers no knee from Clemson will ever be able to put up enough stats to win it. Dabo doesn’t play the stat game and obviously all the other factors are not enough to cancel out the fact it’s Clemson and not Alabama, LSU, Ohio state etc. we would not even of had a season this year if it wasn’t for Trevor, the guy with the most to lose, begging to let them play. How do you achieve more than that? Maybe DJ can pull it off in 2 years but he’s gonna have to break some serious records to get it.

Re: I don’t think we will ever have a heisman

Jan 15, 2021, 2:04 PM

IMPO, even if Dabo was to allow DJ to build on his stats, heck, even if he would've allowed Trevor to build up his stats, the media would manufacture another reason why a player from one of the blue blood bigger schools done more of, what a great Clemson player didn't do, like maybe baby set his coaches kids to give his coach and wife a few days a week of alone time. Rest assure they would manufacture a reason why a Clemson player comes up short only for the reason of making sure that a Clemson great is never awarded the heisman award. The heisman is off limits to a Clemson player regardless of how great they are, or how great they believe they will do in the NFL, and that has been proven to be the actual true facts with the last "two straight" Clemson QB.

It may not happen, but the odds are great that in the next 3 to 5 years, Clemson will have the best two QB's, #1 and #2 QB's in the NFL at the same time!!! But the heisman voters have voted that neither was worthy of the heisman trophy with both young men being responsible for winning the National Champion with the teams that they led, and a conspiracy that a Clemson player will never win the heisman will never need more evidence that proves that a Clemson player will never be awarded the Heisman Trophy!!!!

It is a travesty for a young man to dream of winning the heisman while at Clemson, but the facts are that it's true, it won't happen through Clemson. Hey but they can win conference, and National Championships at Clemson, and that is a fact, and it has been proven twice in a 5 year period!!!

Jan 15, 2021, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Justyn Ross' timeline for return to football ]

They don't give the Heisman based on how high they're going to go in the draft, they give it based on their season. If anything, bias allowed Lawrence to finish 2nd over Jones because Jones actually had better numbers this year. A person would have to be crazy or highly biased themselves to watch Smith play in the NC and come away thinking he only won the Heisman because of which school he went to.

Jan 15, 2021, 4:23 PM

Everyone knew Trevor was in the lead including Vegas to win the Heisman right up until Trevor had to sit two games because of Covid. Numerous high profile people in the media have said it’s total BS that Trevor fill out a favor for the Heisman because of missing those two games.

Jan 15, 2021, 5:10 PM

Playing would be a huge step and a huge long term risk. I hope he listens and follows the doctor's advice.

Jan 16, 2021, 11:36 AM

As stated by another poster, he cemented his legacy in season one and played a key role in delivering Clemson another Natty! Anything else is a bonus. All the best to you JR.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic