Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Heisman...what am I missing?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Heisman...what am I missing?

Dec 4, 2016, 6:25 PM

Many of the talking heads are still talking about Jackson being in the lead.

I've seen this guy play many times, and yes, he can scramble. BUT that's about it. He's very erratic in his passes and decision making.

Additionally, I believe past Heisman winners played for teams competing for championship and have a good team record. His team is 9-3.

And I really think he's cost his team at least 2 of those losses with his fumbles.

What am I missing?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Heisman...what am I missing?

Dec 4, 2016, 6:27 PM

You would think that photo of him kicking boulware in the head would have excluded him from consideration

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2016, 6:28 PM

you are not missing anything

the problem is too many voters google "who's the heisman front-runner, see a name, then vote

the heisman is a laughing stock process and an embarrassment to those of us who love college football

That they closed their minds 3 weeks ago.*****

Dec 4, 2016, 6:30 PM

If DW had only 8 or 9 interceptions

Dec 4, 2016, 6:30 PM

instead of 15, I think he would lead.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If DW had only 8 or 9 interceptions

Dec 4, 2016, 6:33 PM

Of course, I'm rooting for DW4, but I would understand if he doesn't win it because of his struggles.

I get it.

This is not a campaign for DW4 as much as trying to make sense of the Heisman process as a fan of the sport.

Nothing about Jackson's game impresses me.

Re: If DW had only 8 or 9 interceptions

Dec 4, 2016, 6:39 PM

Nothing impresses you about his game? You don't even think he's a great runner? Come on, now you're just being silly.

and if Jackson had played in games...

Dec 4, 2016, 6:43 PM [ in reply to If DW had only 8 or 9 interceptions ]

where he did not lose to 3 teams, one being KY, it would be a no brainer,,,,but he didn't.

Dec 4, 2016, 6:37 PM

LJ has passed for over 3300 yards and 30 tds. Not exactly just a "scrambler". Those are really good passing stats.

Just in the last 10 years, Tim Tebow and RG3 won the Heisman when their teams had 3 losses and no conference championships. Johnny Manziel won it when his team had 2 losses and didn't play for a conference championship. So it's not exactly uncommon for a player to win it when their team has a few losses.

Do I want DW to win it, of coarse. But LJ has put up crazy numbers and if he wins it I can definitely understand why. I fail to see how this is unclear to people.

DW4 is going to get the heisman -

Dec 4, 2016, 6:42 PM

my opinion -

gotta hunch that he made an impression -personally - with a goodly number of heisman voters at the ceremony last year - dude makes a good impression.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are not missing anything - many in the media "awarded"

Dec 4, 2016, 7:17 PM

Jackson the heisman over a month ago, and even went so far as to say so. But, when you have a gazillion sports "news" outlets, channels, websites and blogs, what you end up with is a very watered down talent pool of folks who sadly have a voice and pass as "journalists" or some kind of expert. It's unfortunate that these uninformed, lazy nimrods can just jump on a bandwagon (like Jacksons) and influence opinion and actually create false perceptions that almost become consensus. Sad, really.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Dec 4, 2016, 8:07 PM

"Additionally, I believe past Heisman winners played for teams competing for championship and have a good team record. His team is 9-3." I think it is ridiculous that competing for a championship be a pseudo 'requirement'. The guy should should have strong leadership but often times the best player is surrounded by sub-par players and there is only so much one man can do. Also, 9-3 is pretty good record.

This is to say that IMHO, Clemson being 12-1 and UL being 9-3 are a push as far as Heisman considerations. Same goes for head to head. They both played like beasts in the Valley.

DW is the best QB in FBS football. If LJ wins because he started off with insane stats (including against Clemson), I won't lose much sleep and I don't think DW will. After all, he will have lead Clemson to its second national championship ever in just over a month from now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Heisman's been a joke for quite some time

Dec 4, 2016, 9:06 PM

like most things these days in our "Post Truth" [aka "Post Facts"] world.

http://www.npr.org/sections/13.7/2016/12/02/502542397/is-being-post-truth-a-new-concept

Re: The Heisman's been a joke for quite some time

Dec 4, 2016, 9:32 PM

They need to consider what DW4 did to Bama since that game took place in 2016 well after last season's voting.

If anyone is confused that should tip it in our guy's favor every time.

Re: The Heisman's been a joke for quite some time

Dec 4, 2016, 9:51 PM

Losing 2 games to end the season will give voters something to think about. Is accumulating stats in blowouts meaningful. If stats are the end all be all, we don't need voters to vote. Computers can do their job. If you need one quarterback to win a game, which would you choose? Lamar is electric but Watson will win you the game. Also, what's really elevating Lamar is his rushing stats. Well, he had twice the opportunities than Deshaun. Clemson was trying to minimize hits on Deshaun to get through the season. If you get twice the carries, you'll get more yards.
By the way, that's the reason why Lamar struggled toward the end of the season. Teams knew he would keep the ball so they adjusted. Lamar was the best player at the start of the season, he is not the best player today. Even opposing teams fans would say the same thing.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic