Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Heisman really doesn't mean that much to me any more
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,187

Heisman really doesn't mean that much to me any more

Oct 10, 2018, 8:40 AM

Now there is a 10 person pre-voting committee. They have "unanimously" voted the award to Tua Tagovailoa, Alabama, QB. Here it is October, and he has already been crowned. Same mistake they made in 2016 with Deshaun. I don't need this media crap.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Heisman really doesn't mean that much to me any more

Oct 10, 2018, 8:52 AM

Heisman??? whats that? Only Heisman I know of anymore is the One that Coached @ Clemson around the turn of the last Century

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2018, 9:20 AM

ESPN decides who wins the Heisman by way of their constant propaganda of their choice. The Heisman Committee is a joke. Lamar Jackson over Deshaun confirmed that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2018, 9:34 AM

The Davy O'Brien Award, which Deshaun won 2 years ago is actually more important in terms of achievements on the field.No one really cares about that other award.

Oct 10, 2018, 9:21 AM

You mean Heistman?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2018, 9:45 AM

Now accepting donations to establish a New and Meaningful award for the best player in college football annually. Nominations to be made by anyone on TigerNet with a minimum of 500 posts and voting by members with a 98 or above Per cent pulse ! The award will be named the Deshaun Watson "Be Legendary" Trophy.

Additional awards to be added in the future.

Donate now!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2018, 9:40 AM

Cam Newton, johny football, Jameis Winston, Lamar Jackson, baker mayfield.
The Heisman obviously cares about character

Oct 10, 2018, 9:43 AM

But these guys are "characters"!

Oct 10, 2018, 4:55 PM

Heisman has been irrelavent for years. It was only relevant when media was much slower and it was much easier to overlook deserving candidates. It has always been a marketing popularity contest which basically goes to the powerhouses that can afford it, and is only relavent when someone truly astounding upsets that apple cart like Barry Sanders who believe it or not was pretty much not on their radar the entire season. Remember when Joe Theisman changed the way his name was pronounced just for the award. That's integrity.
Every once in awhile is OK but for the most part a big crap fest of what is wrong. Pretty much like the entire year of college football anaylst.used to be writers who would research, analyze, and write interesting stories. Now ex athlete's talk about who they think is going to beat who and why at a 90% failure rate and still people listen to them. It's like listening to the weather in the 70's. You'd do better to just walk outside.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,187
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic