Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Heisman candidates not getting enough love (ESPN)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,474

Heisman candidates not getting enough love (ESPN)

Oct 9, 2018, 11:33 AM

RB Travis Etienne, Clemson

Love was supposed to be the big-play back getting all the Heisman hype, but that never materialized. May we suggest sending those votes Etienne's way? The sophomore effectively saved Clemson's season with a monster second half against Syracuse, then exploded with touchdown runs of 59 and 70 yards against Wake Forest. For the year, his 11 touchdowns are second among Power 5 backs, his 761 yards are third and his 9.2 yards per carry average is the best for a P5 back with at least 50 carries. So far this season, just nine of Etienne's runs have been stopped for a loss or no gain, while 28 percent of his runs go for 10 yards or more, the best rate in the Power 5.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24930711/heisman-trophy-radar-contenders

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

its gonna be another mid season heisman selection this

Oct 9, 2018, 11:42 AM

year just like it was with Lamar Jackson. The voters are too lazy to look elsewhere than the headlines of the first 4 weeks and its Tua's already. I think he could get hurt next week and they'd still hand it to him.. But Travis needs to be in that top 3 and be at the ceremony if we continue to feed him. He's the best RB in the country on the biggest stage in the country. And Tua is deserving don't get me wrong he's really good but i'm just speaking to the voting body. They're too lazy to change anything up.

Re: its gonna be another mid season heisman selection this

Oct 9, 2018, 2:20 PM

Your right, it's been a midseason award for awhile. Someone with more ambition and smarter than me, could research how many times the award hasn't gone to a top 3 preseason candidate.

Theismann, whose last name was actually pronounced "Theesman", recounted in 2007 that it was Notre Dame publicity man Roger Valdiserri who insisted that he change the pronunciation of his name to rhyme with "Heisman". He finished 2nd to finished second to Jim Plunkett of Stanford University.

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,474
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic