Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Tigers showing interest in Las Vegas quarterback
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

New Story: Tigers showing interest in Las Vegas quarterback

Jun 2, 2016, 7:20 AM

Tigers showing interest in Las Vegas quarterback

One of the top quarterbacks for the 2018 recruiting cycle was on Clemson's campus last week, and he came away impressed. What does he say about the visit? When will he be back? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Tigers showing interest in Las Vegas quarterback

Jun 2, 2016, 7:59 AM

Wonder what the odds are that he come to Clemson?
??

Clever. +1 :)***

Jun 2, 2016, 11:32 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Has Clemson ever signed a kid from Las Vegas before?***

Jun 2, 2016, 9:05 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Has Clemson ever signed a kid from Las Vegas before? Not

Jun 2, 2016, 9:35 AM

that I can recall but I'm far from an authority. I just remember a lot of players and where many are from

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many qbs do we need?

Jun 2, 2016, 10:47 AM

Unless coaches are planning on moving some to a different position like Cain and Renfrow or are expecting someone to transfer, we are getting a little crowded at the quarterback position. After next year (assuming Watson leaves early) we will have Bryant, Israel, Cooper, Johnson and Brice.

Coaches know more than I do though so have to trust them

Re: How many qbs do we need?

Jun 2, 2016, 11:04 AM

What concerns me in his quote is the coaches stating he fits into the system better then some of the current depth chart. The first thing I would probably do if I was one of the current commits is call up the coaching staff and understand whether they do fit into the system and whether it is the right place to be. Hopefully this is just a young guy voicing his own opinion and not one of the coaching staff.

Our current depth chart includes

Jun 2, 2016, 11:22 AM

Shuessler and Israel... while serviceable, they dont fit our system. And as much as id love Bryant to remain at QB, he was exposed in the spring game and too much a liability in the passing game to be the man in Clemson's offense. I can see Israel transferring and Bryant moved to WR (Chansi Stuckey anyone?)

The problem with moving Bryant to WR is

Jun 2, 2016, 11:30 AM

we're already super deep there. When Stuckey moved over to WR it was basically just him and Airese Curry, who was a senior. The next year Aaron Kelly and Tyler Grisham were playing, but Stuckey was already cemented on the roster at that point.

I also have a very hard time with the idea of moving someone with his arm strength to WR. He just has too much upside at QB.

Hed be a beast on sweeps and Wildcat QB

Jun 2, 2016, 11:34 AM

And imagine the trick plays we could use with him. Hes got a year+ to work on his accuracy and decision skills, hopefully Streeter can coach him up to be the man.

He'll be in the competition to start after Watson leaves

Jun 2, 2016, 11:41 AM

and he has a head start on Cooper, Johnson, and Brice since he'll be getting a good chunk of the garbage time reps this year.

Bishop Gorman, the IMG of the desert***

Jun 2, 2016, 11:23 AM

Not sure about this. Sounds like he could be a gamble.

Jun 2, 2016, 6:59 PM

I guess it will just be roll of the dice on whether he would actually come here if offered but Clemson holds all the cards. If he wants to be a Tiger he will have to show the coaches that he is all in.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic