Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FGF Featuring our New 5***** Commits
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

FGF Featuring our New 5***** Commits

Dec 6, 2018, 8:46 PM

Yesterday I ventured over to FGF and there was a continuous video of new 5***** Ngata, which, we can assume, made the coot faithful extremely happy for us Tigers. Today, they were honored to have a continuous video of our other newly named 5***** commit, Mr. Booth. Those coots really enjoy getting a first hand look at young men who will be extending our win streak.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FGF Featuring our New 5***** Commits

Dec 6, 2018, 8:48 PM

Joe21, if you don’t mind me asking, what year were your parents born?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2018, 8:56 PM

My Father was born in 1871 in Monticello, IL, and my Mother was born in 1885 in Monroe, WI. My Dad was 36 when he married a 22 year old beautiful young lady. My Dad bought his first car about 1912-14 and my Mother learned to drive soon thereafter. One of my older sisters could not remember if My Dad had told her it was an Overland or Maxwell. My Mother died in 1935 and my Dad in 1937.

Message was edited by: Joe21®

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2018, 8:57 PM

Wow.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2018, 9:00 PM [ in reply to Re: FGF Featuring our New 5***** Commits ]

Thanks for sharing!

Dec 6, 2018, 10:15 PM [ in reply to Re: FGF Featuring our New 5***** Commits ]

A century of history. Joe write a book

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Dec 6, 2018, 10:40 PM [ in reply to Re: FGF Featuring our New 5***** Commits ]

Mr.Joe, did your grandfathers fight in the war between the states?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2018, 7:42 AM

Hah! At first I thought you were yanking Joe’s chain on this, but then I checked the dates!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Dec 7, 2018, 1:17 AM [ in reply to Re: FGF Featuring our New 5***** Commits ]

Hi Joe. You & my dad were likely contemporaries to some degree. Dad would have turned 95 in Jan. '19. His father was born in 1880 & his mom in 1889 - Dad was their last kid. Dad's time as a student at Clemson was interrupted by WWII. He came back & finished in '46 & then taught at Clemson/CU from '49-'85. Banks M. spoke at Daniel when I was there, & I had Mrs. McFadden in 1or 2 classes @ DWD.

Had the honor of "entertaining" at Coach Howard's 85th birthday celebration @ Littlejohn. I think his hearing had mostly gone, so I don't know if he heard much from the many speakers that night.

I remember a number of years on the Tailgate Show, Frank would get "Bear" to call in from Bama. Stories were hilarious. Jimmy told me years later that he wrote a lot of funny lines/jokes for his dad. Regardless who wrote the material, Coach H could deliver it in a way that broke everyone up! His comedic timing was flawless.

Always enjoy reading your posts on TNET. Hope you have a joyous Christmas!

My grandmother on my fathers side was born in

Dec 7, 2018, 5:05 AM

1889. I remember talking to her on her 80th birthday in 1969, and marveling that in her 80 years she had seen the transition from the age of horse and buggy, to landing on the moon. It is almost crazy to think about. I was 10 years old in 1969, and even at 10 years old, that blew me away. She was 91 years old when she died in 1980.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2018, 8:55 PM

The reason that I ask is I am thinking your parents were born in a time of horse drawn carriages and probably lived to watch man walk on the moon. Am I correct?

Heck, Joe probably rode in one....***

Dec 6, 2018, 9:00 PM

Re: Heck, Joe probably rode in one....***

Dec 6, 2018, 9:18 PM

Yes I did Spud. Don't remember what it was because I was just a young squirt. Was probably an Overland or Maxwell because I was told he switched between the two. The tires were solid rubber and when it rained there were side curtains with grips which we had to put on the sides. The windshield wiper was hand operated. I definitely remember the next car he had was a Chevrolet and it was something special, it had pneumatic tires, the talk of the town. Flat tires were a common occurrence.

My father in law had a 34 Coupe when he was 17 I guess,

Dec 8, 2018, 9:50 PM

right before he went to Europe for WWII.One day I was looking at that picture of him in it and I was fussing about all the income taxes we pay. My father in law, who never fussed about taxes said,"You have ever had to push your car out of a muddy ditch". I asked what did he mean?. He said," The roads haven't always been paved,I can remember having to get out and push my car back on the road three or four times just going to Honea Path from Ware Shoals".

Things certainly have changed since the 1940's...

Joe21, you are my hero!

Dec 6, 2018, 10:11 PM

Dad would have been 99 last September 25. I so glad you're on TNet to remind us of how great our country was and give us guidance on how to restore it. Every post you make seems like my Dad talking to me.

Sir, it is an honor to be your friend.

Ron W/71PR

Re: Joe21, you are my hero!

Dec 7, 2018, 12:28 AM

Love to hear from a guy who has that kind of memory! Wonderful connection to our past.

Dec 7, 2018, 4:19 AM

Thumbs up to you! Love hearing your stories.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic