Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson - Watson = Auburn
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Clemson - Watson = Auburn

Aug 30, 2016, 10:02 AM

Hypothetically, if we didn't have WATSON, I believe this game would be a virtually even.

Agree or Disagree?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Disagree, I think we're still better at nearly every

Aug 30, 2016, 10:03 AM

position, including QB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Heavily Disagree

Aug 30, 2016, 10:05 AM

We have the advantage at WR, TE, RB, OL, LB, DT and QB depth. Take away Watson and we still have more weapons on offense and better options at backup QB to use said options. They're better at DE and possibly DB but that's about it.

I respectfully disagree....

Aug 30, 2016, 10:05 AM

Even without DW4, overall Clemson would still be the better team offensively and defensively. The only areas where Auburn may have a slight advantage, special teams notwithstanding, is at defensive end and possibly in the defensive backfield.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I respectfully disagree***

Aug 30, 2016, 10:07 AM

They are not better at db. I think they have the edge at DE but maybe just barely. Ferrell is going to be a freak

Re: Clemson - Watson = Auburn

Aug 30, 2016, 10:13 AM

I was speaking from more of a talent/potential standpoint, which is largely based in recruiting.

and what good are offensive weapons if you have no one to throw it to them.

Aug 30, 2016, 10:29 AM

What good are talent/potential if you have no one to coach it? Auburn's potential didn't produce many wins last season and Clemson was winning 10 before Watson showed up.

null

Aug 30, 2016, 10:41 AM

> What good are talent/potential if you have no one to
> coach it? Auburn's potential didn't produce many wins
> last season and Clemson was winning 10 before Watson
> showed up.

Can we not have playful discussions on this board?

GeeZ

Sure.

Aug 30, 2016, 11:22 AM

Are we placing too much confidence in the recruiting writer's evaluations? I know we've done well according to their opinions but the recruiting rankings fail many times. I submit Hunter Renfro as a prime example. Dabo has a knack for finding pearls which others overlook.

We must also consider last year's team. We return so many playmakers and add to them a couple more who were injured last year. Namely, a WR who we expect to be the best in the land and a running back who is expected to backup a 1500 yard rusher.

Honestly, being minus DW on this roster is something I did not wish to consider but I'm satisfied our backups are ready to take a shot. Any QB in the land would be a step down from DW but our guys are well versed in our offensive scheme.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2016, 10:17 AM

Clemson - Watson - 9 - 7-16-10-42= AU

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2016, 10:17 AM

Clemson is probably still a better team but Auburn would be able to win.

It's going to be impossible for Auburn to beat Clemson with Watson though.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Aug 30, 2016, 10:28 AM

Is this a 1 out of 10 thing

or a 5 out of 10 kinda thing?

I thought you only replied to Coot threads liar***

Aug 30, 2016, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson - Watson = Auburn ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

disagree

Aug 30, 2016, 10:19 AM

we have better oline, more steady backs, better WR's, a better TE

on defense we have better LBs, better DBs (even though inexperienced on one side), better DT's

I'll have to disagree as well

Aug 30, 2016, 10:22 AM

We are better at WR and RB and OL so offensively we are still better than Aubrun

Defensively it's hard to say but we are stacked with talent as are they but we a guy named Boulware and that I think makes us better than Auburn

Aug 30, 2016, 10:24 AM

If our D is skrong then we skrong

Aug 30, 2016, 10:28 AM

I disagree and agree. Agree, only to the point that Shaun White would be the most experienced QB in the game and the game is being played in Auburn. I think home field carries about 7 points in this case. So, without DW.....we would be playing a inexperienced qb with KB or NS at the controls, and that could be difficult in that environment.

And now to disagree. We have better talent and experience at all positions with the exception of DE and maybe DB's.....so without DW we can still win with better talent and maybe coaching.

On a side note.....I think Gus M and auburn overall are so desperate for a big win they might take a cheap shot at DW early in the game to try and knock him out. I think they realize that their only chance to win is to eliminate DW. Gus is fighting for his job. And people fighting for their jobs will take cheap shots if necessary.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you should read up on Clemson***

Aug 30, 2016, 10:29 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Aug 30, 2016, 10:43 AM

Watson is one of many offensive weapons. He's super-human but I would have to disagree with your statement. Our 4th string quarterback is better than Auburn's first.

Overall talent, their guys were more highly recruited

Aug 30, 2016, 11:09 AM

overall. But QB is a huge deal. Some of their guys haven't panned out as well, i.e., coaching matters.

Their entire DL is a bunch of 5 stars. Maybe they haven't quite lived up to the billing.

Minus the best player in America @ the most crucial position

Aug 30, 2016, 11:35 AM

Minus the best player in America @ the most crucial position on the field and ... yes, things would even up pretty quickly with a lot of other teams.

That's the reason why teams that have great QBs are generally better than teams that don't.

Even against great teams like Alabama, Clemson's QB makes them the better team ... at least until there is a kickoff :(

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Corrected equation:

Aug 30, 2016, 12:50 PM

Clemson - Watson = Auburn + WRs, TEs, Oline, RBs, DBs, LBs

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Corrected equation:

Aug 30, 2016, 1:46 PM

> Clemson - Watson = Auburn + WRs, TEs, Oline, RBs,
> DBs, LBs

This equation could only be balanced if you took DW4 away from us and gave him to Auburn. They tried that already...and failed.

On a neutral site we would still be better provided

Aug 30, 2016, 2:07 PM

we got mediocre QB play (which is basically what Auburn has gotten from this bunch). Playing on the road in Jordan Hare... they might have the edge.

We are better across the board on offense.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic