Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tom SAVAGE
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 3,770

Tom SAVAGE

Aug 18, 2017, 9:15 AM

"It's not Deshaun's fault that he got drafted here.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tom SAVAGE

Aug 18, 2017, 9:19 AM

If he actually said that then that is just asinine and disrespectful. He sounds very insecure to have made a satement like that. Do you have a link?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2017, 9:33 AM

Lol... how is that disrespectful?

Well ...

Aug 18, 2017, 9:39 AM

Savage is a 27 year-old QB with virtually no NFL experience, who is faced with the fact that his team just went to great effort and expense to move up in the 1st round to draft a 21 year-old rookie to challenge him.

He has to know in his heart that he will have to perform a lot better than Deshaun to remain the starting QB at Houston.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2017, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Tom SAVAGE ]

If he thinks he is so much better than Deshaun that Deshaun has ended up in a place that he will not play there are better ways to say it. Nobody with any kind if sense about them in this type of situation would ever say that about a teammate who is backing them up. It in essence says, "I'm better than you and you need to go somewhere else if you want to play." But I still have no link to what he said so it could be out of context.

Heaven forbid you put the quote in contect

Aug 18, 2017, 11:27 AM

Immediately after Watson was drafted, Savage sent him a text welcoming him to the team. The easy response was to be frustrated, but Savage wanted to make sure Watson knew he was welcome in the quarterback room, and there was no animosity toward the rookie.

"I just think life's too short to be pissed at a decision that a grown man's going to make to help his team out," Savage said. "And I knew they did that to help this team out. And that's what they think is in the best interest of this team.

"It's not Deshaun's fault that he got drafted here. That's what [general manager] Rick [Smith] and Bill [O'Brien] believe is going to help, so I'm going to be there for this team no matter what because I care about the 53 or 89 guys now. And they're my No. 1 priority."

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Heaven forbid you put the quote in contect

Aug 18, 2017, 11:27 AM

http://www.espncricinfo.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/244859/at-long-last-tom-savage-is-ready-to-be-the-guy-for-the-texans

Aug 18, 2017, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Heaven forbid you put the quote in contect ]

Yeah all three QBs have been very complimentary of each other and have all helped each other grow as QBs. Savage has done well and is trying to hold onto his job, even though everyone knows Watson is coming for it sooner rather than later. I'm not sure why people keep trying to turn this into some feud.

Aug 18, 2017, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Heaven forbid you put the quote in contect ]

Thank you for the link to put things in context. That statement definitely was not meant to be what it sounded like when it is not isolated.

Sounds like he's trying to gain a subliminal

Aug 18, 2017, 12:23 PM

Psychological edge via the media. Good luck with that. You won't intimidate #4.

But you will look good holding a clipboard.

WL

Aug 18, 2017, 8:05 PM

Point is, he said it and how else could you take it? It's like me calling my wife fat and then telling her she has a great personality. Too many fence riders in this world

Replies: 10
| visibility 3,770
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic