Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Heather has come a long ways since her sammich days
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 3,039

Heather has come a long ways since her sammich days

Nov 14, 2016, 3:06 PM

https://twitter.com/CFBHeather/status/798254035296014338

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Heather has come a long ways since her sammich days

Nov 14, 2016, 3:07 PM

Don't forget troy

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I always liked Heather

Nov 14, 2016, 3:37 PM

I thought she always did a favorable review of Clemson. Then she got miffed at some of us and left for newer pastures.

I always liked Heather

Nov 14, 2016, 3:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Heather has come a long ways since her sammich days ]

I thought she always did a favorable review of Clemson. Then she got miffed at some of us and left for newer pastures.

Re: Don't forget Troy

Nov 14, 2016, 6:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Heather has come a long ways since her sammich days ]

That was my thought too but don't think they are in the CFP top 25 yet are they?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2016, 1:05 AM

Troy is the AP #25. Coaches poll still in the middle of the others pile. They didn't move a bit after beating App St. in that one.

Nov 15, 2016, 1:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Don't forget Troy ]

She has wins over "CFB" top 25 on there so she's basing that on the current playoff rankings.

Nov 15, 2016, 7:25 AM

Which may change when the new rankings come out tonight.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2016, 7:43 PM

I always thought Heather was an incredibly hardworking, get-after-it beat reporter who pretty much lived in her car during football season, would hit 4-5 ACC campuses every week, and she assuredly was willing to do the dirty work and go talk to actual people. As a result, she was very well informed. Yes, she was a girl, and took a lot of flak for that - because after all, what does a girl (and one who's got more than a touch of Awkward Band Geek in her) know about football?

But she did her homework and always called it like she saw it, ignored the grunting misogyny that was frequently vented at her, and even when I disagreed with her she was very good about responding to E-mails and explaining herself.

Definitely thought she deserved the national desk if anyone did. I don't always agree with her and she can sometimes get a beat reporter's Right Here Right Now tunnel vision, but she also defended the ACC a lot back when we had very few proponents at ESPN.

TU.. always find the sandwich jokes belittling and embarrassing

Nov 15, 2016, 1:11 AM

but mostly for those that made them.
She's always been a pretty good and well prepared reporter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nov 14, 2016, 10:42 PM

I still think she makes some idiot calls.

Give me an analyst who doesn't.***

Nov 15, 2016, 1:09 AM

null

Like her points

Nov 15, 2016, 1:22 AM

Everyone looks @ the numbers UL puts up & gets so mesmerized by them. Yes, our games haven't been beauty contests by any stretch of the imagination, but we've put together a solid resume when you break it down. Tougher OOC games @ this point & more games against winning teams. Not mentioned is that you got to figure we've been on everyone's radar since last year so you know everyone on our schedule had our game circled & planning on giving their best shot (UL wasn't on anyone's radar til after FSU). & of course she points out the big 1 all her ESPiN coworkers try to ignore or wish didn't happen - the game that matters most when comparing us & UL, we won!

Re: Like her points

Nov 15, 2016, 1:31 AM

Never thought I'd see a situation where a team beats another team head to head, has 4 wins over top 25 teams compared to 1, an overall better SOS, and the same record, and people are wanting to rank the other team ahead of them.

She is 100% right and the Committee will reflect that same

Nov 15, 2016, 5:07 AM

thought process tonight.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She has a big forehead

Nov 15, 2016, 7:36 AM

That is not necassarily a bad thing ;)

In all seriousness she has come a long way as a reporter

Message was edited by: gville76®

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time