Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Heat and humidity and Covid
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 587

Heat and humidity and Covid

May 22, 2020, 5:46 PM

Link to the Arab News( we called it the green truth over there as paper was printed on green stock) on their Covid issues and numbers. Still going up and it's like 105 today with about 90% humidity. Cool thing is humidity goes away at 115 as it burns it out the air. Just keeping an eye on it in a hot zone, plus I still have friends working there.

https://www.arabnews.com/node/1678456/saudi-arabia

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can rain wash it out the air?

May 22, 2020, 5:48 PM

lutz

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can rain wash it out the air?

May 22, 2020, 5:52 PM

Da virus or da muhidity? Seriously though I was hoping that the lab created test environment that showed a marked decrease in R0 would play out in the wild so to speak, that is why I check over there as they have an issue with da virus and gots lots of heat and humidity.

I know it really did not affect the MERS virus at all.

What if lightning is like a uv light on it?***

May 22, 2020, 5:53 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What if lightning is like a uv light on it?***

May 22, 2020, 5:56 PM

Well I reckon if lightning hit close enough to you it would burn it out the air. Gotta admit that during the storm today I was out swinging lightning rods while chasing a little white ball. Pasture pool .

Brazil says hello. Heat doesn't impact it (much)

May 22, 2020, 6:13 PM

Not like the flu anyway. Amazon rainforest...not much hotter and humid than there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brazil says hello. Heat doesn't impact it (much)

May 22, 2020, 6:20 PM

All I know is that KSA was the hottest place I have ever worked, walking across the ramp one day I turned to another guy and said now I know what grilled chicken feels like, it was a solid 136.

I'm from Columbia, SC., maybe you are too.

May 22, 2020, 6:40 PM

I've been to Death Valley, CA, Ayers Rock in Australia, the deserts of Morocco, Phoenix in July, and the jungles of Belize. The hottest place I have ever been in my life was not when it hit 112 degrees in Columbia. Not 114 in Phoenix. Not whatever it was in Morocco. Nope. Hottest place on EARTH is Tulum, Mexico. It can be sunny, 92 degrees, and with 99% humidity and zero breeze, the heat index surpasses 120 degrees. It will literally melt your face.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm from Columbia, SC., maybe you are too.

May 22, 2020, 7:58 PM

Above 115 in KSA it is like running an industrial blow dryer in you face. Worst as far a feeling was between 105-113 with 100% humidity. I could only hack it for about 20 minutes and had to go hydrate before starting back again. You learned real quick to bring several changes of uniforms on those days.

Re: I'm from Columbia, SC., maybe you are too.

May 22, 2020, 7:58 PM [ in reply to I'm from Columbia, SC., maybe you are too. ]

Above 115 in KSA it is like running an industrial blow dryer in you face. Worst as far a feeling was between 105-113 with 100% humidity. I could only hack it for about 20 minutes and had to go hydrate before starting back again. You learned real quick to bring several changes of uniforms on those days.

Re: Heat and humidity and Covid

May 22, 2020, 6:32 PM

aren't burkas like giant covid masks? This really does not add up here.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2020, 7:52 PM

You would think but no as it is far too thin and not much for filtering.

May 22, 2020, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Heat and humidity and Covid ]

Biggest issue there is somewhat from a cultural issue. Prayers in large close quarters 5 times a day and group meals . Group meals were basically a large circular tray filled with seasoned rice and a meat usually goat, sheep, camel or hamour( grouper to you). Then you sat around the tray on the floor to share the meal. Oh, traditional no utensils and just your right hand. Being a lefty sucked.

May 22, 2020, 9:25 PM

that is because your left hand is for poo. and the oddest thing i ever saw over there were two men holding hands going for stroll. apparently this is just a friendship thing and not a ghey thing.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't use your left hand to eat. You might as well fart

May 22, 2020, 10:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Heat and humidity and Covid ]

At the table because that's the look you'll get.

Oh my.***

May 22, 2020, 11:54 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As we near 100K dead in the USA, with no end in sight,

May 23, 2020, 7:55 AM

APM is getting tired of this sh*t.

Part of me wants to say "f*ck it, let the chips fall where they may, we have to get the economy going again".

Part of me prays for a treatment and a vaccine as our best hope.

Part of me is scared to reopen my office because I am over 50 and don't want people traipsing into the office carrying this sh*t.

Part of me wants a summer vacation, the pool to be open, and life to be "normal".

And most of me knows none of these are the right answers or likely to happen.

This thing sucks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As we near 100K dead in the USA, with no end in sight,

May 23, 2020, 8:17 AM

I hear you and will gladly second those feelings.i know it has to be tough finding and balance in protective measures if you must meet with clients.

Not sure how I would deal with it as a 60+ person, most likely would just retire again. Right now the retirement job allows only contact of my choosing and I can really not interact with a sole in person 90% of the time.

When I must though, especially since several are morons that take zero precautions, it is gloves, goggles and a 1/2 face rubber mask/filters.

Re: As we near 100K dead in the USA, with no end in sight,

May 23, 2020, 8:45 AM

If’n they say something I just tell them- You do you and I’ll do me. Been in far too many places to get taken out here.

Xactly... My line, too... "You do you. I'll do me."***

May 23, 2020, 10:36 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AAA Fasteners the nut and bolt store on Old Buncombe...

May 23, 2020, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Re: As we near 100K dead in the USA, with no end in sight, ]

is for sale. I went in yesterday to get some small tidbits for some reassembly of the project car and talked to the guys there. I can see the desperation in the elderly and expect the younger generation to see it their turn to carry the load.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We should economically nuke China.

May 23, 2020, 9:10 AM [ in reply to As we near 100K dead in the USA, with no end in sight, ]

One or two thermonuclear economic explosions in the region would make me feel much better, APM. It would send a message to others who might become careless with research into virus.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen. Or conventional nukes for that matter.***

May 23, 2020, 9:11 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sadly the US would be going it alone in something like

May 23, 2020, 10:20 AM [ in reply to We should economically nuke China. ]

that instead of having global allies alongside considering Trump's shattering of our alliances since he's been in office. 'Murica first.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe US leaders which China buys are going to...

May 23, 2020, 11:45 AM

continue to defend and protect China. The common folks like us can identify them by their passion to choose to side with China by comparing them to 'the lesser evil,' which is 'Trump.'

I'd recommend that folks not attack Trump during a conversation about China or they might be unwillingly and unknowingly participating in Chinese propaganda. That is how you can separate the wheat from the chaff in such discussions.

I don't like seeing anyone blame any American for this virus. I defended Cuomo knowing that his executive order directed nursing homes to readmit covid patients who were discharged from hospitals. I think he is an idiot but I insist that those deaths are to be blamed on our real enemy which is China. If we start blaming one another we waste this ammunition which should be aimed at china.

I believe the european leaders are just as bought and paid for by China as ours. Maybe those leaders agree with US politicians who defend China. However, the general public in Europe must surely know that China is the origin of the virus and it was China which provided, if not promoted the global spread leading to a pandemic and that it was China who sucked up every piece of PPE across the globe to take economic advantage of a situation China created.

Does it really matter if the virus was spread intentionally or happened due to third world regulations and controls? Are europeans ready to forgive and forget? Should we join them and let this go without any response?

Member those tens of thousands of young people who...

May 23, 2020, 10:34 AM

went to the Florida beaches during Spring Break and all the wailing and gnashing of teeth over it? Kids came from all down the east coast and midwest to make that event. Remember all the press?

I remember one report of a kid getting the virus after that. That's our one stat on beach going during this pandemic.

Remember the people who gathered in the drive in theater to participate in worship services? I think that was Mississippi. Either the media is slack in following up on the spread of covid or those people were completely safe at that service.

I'll be 68 in a couple weeks. There is no way my memory is better than anyone else's here.

The key is outside, not heat, not humidity, it's the Sun. It's always been the Sun which burns the flu virus to death.

Replies: 25
| visibility 587
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic