Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some SEC folks think that we
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Some SEC folks think that we

Jan 21, 2019, 10:27 PM

have a 14-week freebie to practice for the playoffs because the ACC is so bad. Well, the 2016 national title was in a year in which the ACC was called by most the best conference in the land. The rivalry Saturday and the bowl record was amazing. I think the ACC was 9-2 in bowls with FSU beating Michigan in the Orange and of course our win over Alabama.

This year, the ACC did implode. FSU, Miami, Virginia Tech, Louisville, all terrible. But how can you say that it is guaranteed when you look at the South Carolina/Virginia results. I mean an SEC person would say that playing South Carolina is not a given, that it is another touch SEC foe, no easy outs in the SEC. Well, 28-zip to Virginia. That seems like an easy out.

Anyway, if we are the defacto playoff team from the ACC, I'll gladly take it. Then what, we run through Ohio State and Alabama (2016), Oklahoma (2015) and Notre Dame and Alabama (2018) like hot butter.

The truth is, Bama has been in just the same position the last four years. The only SEC team to even come close to beating Bama this year was Georgia. All of their other games have been blowouts, including LSU 29-0, Auburn 52-21. Bama had four weeks rest from the SECCG until December 29. I happen to think Notre Dame was a better semi opponent than Oklahoma, but we will never know. What we do know, however, is that Notre Dame was a better playoff opponent for us than Alabama was. After all, we only beat Notre Dame by 27. We beat Bama by 28, socre more in the first half than we did the whole game vs Notre Dame and we were on Bama 5yard line with a first down with 35 seconds remaining, LOL.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some SEC folks think that we

Jan 21, 2019, 10:32 PM

I don’t care what they think, let’s keep going and winning trophies until they lose their minds

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m for that....,

Jan 21, 2019, 10:41 PM

InletTiger!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Jan 21, 2019, 10:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Some SEC folks think that we ]

What do you mean "until"?

They have already lost their minds.

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2019, 10:55 PM

This year Clemson and Bama’s strength of schedule were pretty much the same. Delusional SEC fans can’t seem to make a valid point.

Excuses and coping mechanisms

Jan 22, 2019, 6:32 AM

...that's all they've got.

The SEC needs to get-better if they want to compete with Clemson.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't care what they think AND the ACC stunk this year

Jan 22, 2019, 6:45 AM

And we won the Natty with the 2nd most difficult schedule in the nation (after playoffs).

So, to summarize.

We were the best team in the nation. The ACC stunk. The SEC fanboys are of no worry to any of us.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uof5C "didn't want to be there"

Jan 22, 2019, 7:09 AM

So why'd they pay Akron 1.4 million?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Uof5C "didn't want to be there"

Jan 22, 2019, 7:52 AM

Didn't want to be there is a bigger problem than getting beat. If Muschamp cant get them ready for a bowl they are DONE.

Jan 22, 2019, 7:52 AM [ in reply to Uof5C "didn't want to be there" ]

Didn't want to be there is a bigger problem than getting beat. If Muschamp cant get them ready for a bowl they are DONE.

Jan 23, 2019, 11:12 AM [ in reply to Uof5C "didn't want to be there" ]

They weren't counting on giving away so many free tickets to Clemson fans to that Akron game.

Ticket revenues fell far short of projections.

paid 1.4 million for the right to get beat 28-0 by Virginia***

Jan 23, 2019, 6:41 PM [ in reply to Uof5C "didn't want to be there" ]

Jan 22, 2019, 7:20 AM

Lotta people have a lot of excuses to get things settled in their minds .
Truth of the matter is that we beat everybody .
Everybody .
15 up and 15 down .
Everybody .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 23, 2019, 8:13 PM

You're just saying that because it's true !!!!!!!

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Head-to-head competition with their best is what matters

Jan 22, 2019, 7:30 AM

Coping mechanism is correct--that's what is happening. Frankly, I don't see many of the 2018 SEC teams winning against Syracuse.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I was raised to ignore those who are ignorant or emotional.

Jan 22, 2019, 7:37 AM

I'm still working on how practicing against 14 inferior opponents make a team dominate the GOAT. When I get past that I'll work toward defining other issues which have surfaced since the game, not that any of the minor distractions are keeping me from enjoying seeing Clemson beat Alabama on film daily.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wouldn't matter

Jan 22, 2019, 7:47 AM

If OSU beat bama, the big would be weak..

It isn't an. Acc thing. It is a loser speak thing.

Espn has pushed the propaganda so hard that they believe it.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jan 22, 2019, 8:02 AM

I found this to be interesting. This was written before we beat the brakes off of Bama! SEC was projected to go 9-2 in their bowl games and ended up 6-6. ACC was projected to go 3-7 and ended up 6-5. Hmmmmmmmm...........LOL!!!!

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/2018-19-college-football-bowl-records-by-conference-even-results-for-the-power-five/

Heard that yesterday

Jan 22, 2019, 8:02 AM

I said, then play more than 45 players if you are all beat up from the SEC West, those gimmes from MS and 2 from The pillow fight division in The East. You got 85 players, 4 stars and up. We play 65 before the first half.

Then, I got you shuddah had to play OK instead of that fraud ND. Then, there was the insidious 12-0 ND with their schedule shouldn't be number 3. Told him, stop smoking that Texas Butt Cheese outta Paul Finebaum's ###. Besides, you need to be ignoring that drival and deal with the fact that YOUR TEAM fuckingq uit with TWENTY MINUTES LEFT.

Successful speech impairment...

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Yes, and Notre Dame should have finished #2. They had one

Jan 22, 2019, 8:24 PM

loss just like Bama and gave us a better game.

Final Strength of Schedule rankings...

Jan 22, 2019, 9:29 AM

Alabama - 21

Clemson - 22

Clemson's would have been higher but, as is generally the case, playing u of 5c hurt Clemson ranking.

End of Discussion !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Yes, if we could have played Virginia instead of coots, it

Jan 23, 2019, 6:40 PM

would have helped our schedule strength.

just remind them of their gift last year

Jan 22, 2019, 9:35 AM

Of having no championship game and ability to prepare/rest for over a month to play us at basically a home site for them.

excellent point. Fogrot about that***

Jan 23, 2019, 6:42 PM

Jan 23, 2019, 6:45 PM

Seems like they want it both ways. Muscoot said we were weak because we played lesser competition in the ACC. Now they say just the opposite?

Can't they make up their minds?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2019, 6:50 PM

wait, didnt they say we werent prepared for bama because we didnt play anybody? Chumps! Cant have it both ways!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2019, 7:17 PM

I've found that with all the time I'm having to dedicate to getting my National Championship memborlia, I dont have time to worry whether ole miss is better than wake forest

Jan 23, 2019, 7:51 PM

I have SEC fatigue. They actually have an advantage in recruiting just by saying SEC. They get a higher payout per team than ACC teams (40.4 million to 23.8 million from a June 2017 article). But when they get smacked down, the SEC schedule has taken a toll on them or they didn't want to be there. You can't enjoy the benefits the conference affiliation gives you and then use that same conference affiliation as an excuse for poor performance.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic