Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Headline reads: “ LSU with 3 ‘Top 10’ wins “
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Headline reads: “ LSU with 3 ‘Top 10’ wins “

Oct 13, 2018, 10:49 PM

Versus ‘#8’ Miami in week 1; then ‘#7’ Auburn in week 3; now over ‘#2’ Georgia today...

Appears to me ALL three were/are obviously overrated teams that didn’t deserve to be in the top 10.

smdh

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: Headline reads: “ LSU with 3 ‘Top 10’ wins “

Oct 13, 2018, 10:50 PM

Versus ‘#8’ Miami in week 1; then ‘#7’ Auburn in week 3; now over ‘#2’ Georgia today...

Appears to me ALL three were/are obviously overrated teams that didn’t deserve to be in the top 10.

smdh

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Too bad, not all of "them" are smart.***

Oct 14, 2018, 1:01 AM

Oct 13, 2018, 10:51 PM

You couldn’t be more spot on!!

Oct 13, 2018, 10:51 PM

Miami and auburn will both be unranked while Georgia will be 10 or so

Oct 13, 2018, 11:09 PM

And uga shouldn’t be top ten the way they’ve played this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nobody here complained last year when the headline benefited Clemson.

Oct 13, 2018, 10:59 PM

Just saying. The story was how no team had ever beaten 3 top 10 teams before October.. those teams didn't stay top 10, but it was great press for Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Nobody here complained last year when the headline benefited Clemson.

Oct 13, 2018, 11:06 PM

The story was "Top 25" for Clemson.

The expectation of quality is much higher for a Top 10 team than Top 25.

When Top 25 teams drop out, it's no big deal. Sometimes it's even the direct result of that particular loss. But when Top 10 teams are totally unranked a month later, they were totally overrated.

No amount of misdirected self-criticism can equate the two situations.

Become a Tiger fan.

Oct 13, 2018, 11:07 PM

??

Oct 14, 2018, 1:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Nobody here complained last year when the headline benefited Clemson. ]

Pretty sure Soy is a Tigers fan.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes sir! I just like to keep honest and don't always buy into

Oct 14, 2018, 1:58 AM

the media conspiracies or popular tnet anger wagon.
Thanks for having my back though 92.. tu to ya and Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Yes sir! I just like to keep honest and don't always buy into

Oct 14, 2018, 2:17 PM

Sorry, I sent an eye-wink emoticon, but it came thrust as ??

I recognized you, so I tried to pull my punch. Didn't happen right. Dang this technology.

Aw man, I've got thicker skin then that. Its all good

Oct 14, 2018, 2:22 PM

my friend.

null

Actually... was 3 top 15 teams in September

Oct 14, 2018, 4:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Nobody here complained last year when the headline benefited Clemson. ]

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/9/30/16391108/clemson-vs-virginia-tech-game-result-score-2017

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Oct 13, 2018, 11:07 PM [ in reply to Nobody here complained last year when the headline benefited Clemson. ]

Difference being the teams we beat ended up pretty decent teams. I’m not sure if uga is the only ranked team at the eoy. Maybe after bowl games etc but iffy.

Uga hasn’t really looked good all year. Yeah, they looked good against the coots but that coots game was closer than the final score.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2018, 11:19 PM

How was that game closer than the final score? It was 41-10 entering the 4th, and UGA had backups in before the 3rd quarter was even over.

Oct 13, 2018, 11:18 PM [ in reply to Nobody here complained last year when the headline benefited Clemson. ]

I agree. I know at the very least, nobody on this board would be arguing that all 3 of the teams we beat were overrated if it was us. At any rate, perhaps 2 of those teams never deserved to be in the top 10 anyway, but those are still 3 quality wins IMO.

Oct 13, 2018, 11:02 PM

Oh yeah, Miami and Auburn are frauds

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2018, 12:44 AM

Part of the reason these teams are no longer top 10 is because of LSU. Unfair to take that away from them.

Give credit where credit is due. LSU looks much improved this season. I hope they spank Saban.

I do too, but Bama will probably win 40-10.***

Oct 14, 2018, 1:22 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2018, 12:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Headline reads: “ LSU with 3 ‘Top 10’ wins “ ]

I should have replied to, or acknowledged soywaker® ‘s post, as it did point out (and remind me) of the similarity to our accomplishment last year.

However, a top 10 team losing to UVA? Or Tennessee? So, maybe LSU’s win over Miami wasn’t that impressive?

I guess my heartburn is with talking heads determining the rankings, only to be wrong - however, then using the same inaccurate (incorrect?) subjective data to validate additional ‘subjective’ data....

..... y’know, like being impressed with uga’s BIG win over #25 USuC to start the season.

Do you ‘think’ the coots were even remotely the 25th best team in the nation to start the season?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Totally get it. But once I came to accept that the rankings really are just

Oct 14, 2018, 12:35 PM

for intrigue, discussion, and fun, it became clear that the AP, and for sure coaches', polls just don't matter.
The committee ranks their own teams not based on AP rankings. When their rankings are released, it starts to matter. But the committee isn't looking at LSUs win over Miami as a huge win. That stuff is just for us and the media. And honestly, we love it. We complain about it, but we absolutely eat it up. Hence these board topics.. myself included.

null

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic