Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Heading to Founders Park tonight, parking question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,052

Heading to Founders Park tonight, parking question

Mar 2, 2018, 10:12 AM

Been there before for a tournament for my son, and remember fair sized parking lot outside. Will that lot overflow, and if so, any tips on parking?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Heading to Founders Park tonight, parking question

Mar 2, 2018, 10:18 AM

Good luck!

I think, but not sure, that parking is reserved for Gamecock Club members.

You might try lots at businesses or on the street around Founders Park.

The usual overflow parking with shuttles is closed due to State Championship Games there today.

They are opening an overflow lot near Williams-Brice with a free shuttle, but it is a distance.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

You can park with the Gamecock Club members, you just have

Mar 2, 2018, 1:56 PM

to pay. You can also park at the businesses around the field for a fee. It was $10 last year. Just like football, try to avoid being far away from an entrance. Otherwise, you may be there awhile.

Mar 2, 2018, 10:25 AM

It is possible to walk from their basketball arena to the baseball park. It is not a short walk but possible. I would guess it's a 10-15 minute walk depending on your pace. Even if the shuttles are not running, I can't imagine the parking lot will fill up just because of state championship games.

Mar 2, 2018, 10:57 AM

Park across the river in Parkland Shopping center(D’s Wings, Kingsman, Jelwery Warehouse located there). I think it is closer than CLA. Also there is a business center across from Parkland closer to the river, but not sure of parking restrictions.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 2, 2018, 12:48 PM

I haven't ever not been able to find a place to park but, I've never been close to the last to arrive. Get there at least by 5:30-6pm, and you shouldn't have a problem. No matter what type team the coots have, they still pack the house. If you don't already have tickets, standing room tickets will be sold out by or before 5pm. To help give us our 1st loss of the season, the coots will be there at their worst!!!

I have been going to that park from the first year it opened in 2009. I love putting down everything coots, but Founders Park is a pretty nice place for a BB game, but it is the only college BB venue I've ever been to, so I'm no expert on what a good baseball park is or should be. I've only been there, only when we/Clemson comes to town to play against the coots. As long as I'm able to go, we will always have a fan there cheering on the Good guys!!!

I have to say this, If you have never been there, there is a large group of experienced baseball fans that sit right behind home plate that will heckle the opposing teams the entire game, especially our Clemson players!!! Regardless the score, it won't take those old timers out of the game. Those guys hate us so bad that, if we are playing in a tournament there, coot fans arrive before our game by the hundreds and pull for the teams we are playing against!!! That group behind home plate can at times help determined where the strike zone is for their batters by giving the home plate umpire a bunch of crap. Like I said, they are experienced baseball fans that has learned how to work most home plate umpires...

Show up and be loud Tiger fans, our guys need you at this game. Goooo Tigersssss, beat the coots!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't park near the outfield fences...I believe that is the

Mar 2, 2018, 1:02 PM

section that is sliding into the river.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 2, 2018, 1:18 PM

All I can say besides GO MIGHTY TIGERS! And I’m serious, remove any Clemson decals, flags or Clemson identity or good luck with your car??

Mar 2, 2018, 2:36 PM

I have republican and clemson decals. My car is f’ed

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,052
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic