Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Head Hunting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Head Hunting

Jan 2, 2018, 9:54 AM

Back in high school we called it head hunting. Mark a few of the other teams players for destruction.Hit them as hard as possible to remove them from the game. Cheap shots, dirty plays etc. have gone away with targeting calls . You very seldom see a team obviously attempt to injure opposition players these days.A very small number of coaches will resort to such tactics when trapped in a lost cause situation.After watching good old Nick try to take out several of Clemson's key players last year without success while the broadcast announcers screamed that is targeting why haven't they thrown out at least three of Bamas players I wondered if the same tactics would be used this year. First kick off Etienne takes a direct shot to the head and is out on his feet for the rest of the game. The announcers have decided to call it sending a message or SEC hard hitting football.To me that is smoke and mirrors to cover Sabans habit of using old school tactics to remove key players. It has become so common no one mentions it anymore. I understand Bama targeted 5 Clemson players and only took out two but trap plays and obvious fouls should not be stood for no matter who the coach or team. When is the media going to call Saban on the carpet for this crap.When did lack of integrity become a sure way to the top in America.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Head Hunting

Jan 2, 2018, 9:58 AM

Man up, this is pitiful. Bama is a physical team they did not head hunt

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Head Hunting

Jan 2, 2018, 10:27 AM

Didn't see it this year, but last year without a doubt they did!

Elbows to the head, late hit, ripping legs long after whistle......

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic