Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Spurrier is scujr's Bowden
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

Spurrier is scujr's Bowden

Dec 6, 2013, 4:10 PM

Hasn't won conference. Beats clemson. Wins big games. Loses crappy games. Improved program. No BCS bowls.

Just a thought for the day. Pissed off a coot fan with this one lol

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would like to think

Dec 6, 2013, 4:18 PM

Spurrier could easily win the ACC though several times if he was at a team as long as Bowden was in that conference.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He couldn't even win his division this year when it's

Dec 6, 2013, 4:20 PM

the worst I can remember seeing it.

null

dood, this is only spurrier's 9th year... it's not like

Dec 6, 2013, 4:31 PM

missou just showed up a couple years ago.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He couldn't even win his division this year when it's

Dec 6, 2013, 4:35 PM [ in reply to He couldn't even win his division this year when it's ]

Come on dude. Be realistic. SEC East has 3 ranked teams (2 in top 10) and four that would win the other side in the ACC easily. SEC East is good but not great.

Re: He couldn't even win his division this year when it's

Dec 6, 2013, 6:58 PM

Yea, The SEC east is so powerful that the #4 team had to come from behind to beat Wake Forest. You know that same Wake team that won 2 conference teams. I'm not saying that the top 3 wouldn't have won the Coastal Division but don't include Vandy in that group.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SEC East is ripe for the taking

Dec 6, 2013, 4:20 PM

I would think Spurrier would be able to handle UT but he didn't.

He won the acc at duke

Dec 6, 2013, 4:26 PM

That speaks for itself. They haven't had a chance to win it since he coached there last. And right after he won it Georgia tech won the natty a year or two after so it wasn't like the conference was in a dead state.

No....No he did not...Quit spreading lies...***

Dec 6, 2013, 4:27 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bowden Went 12-0 at Tulane***

Dec 6, 2013, 7:41 PM [ in reply to He won the acc at duke ]

You make some valid points...he was only one play away at

Dec 6, 2013, 4:29 PM

UT and it cost him a Division...Very Bowdenesque...

So, we should expect a Jimbo Fisher?

Dec 6, 2013, 4:30 PM

Their next coach leads them to #1 and the national title game?

I go back to my point from yesterday

Dec 6, 2013, 4:31 PM

Did Bowden ever beat 3 teams who could be in a bcs bowl and finish the season in top 15?

Re: I go back to my point from yesterday

Dec 6, 2013, 4:50 PM

Here's something to the point.Neither Tommy Bowden or Dabo Swinney could or can sign players that are "academically challenged" or JUCO's.You guys roll like the rest of the SEC and let friggin' retards play football.You can deny it,but you would be wrong.So don't bother.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you really counting UCF?***

Dec 6, 2013, 5:03 PM [ in reply to I go back to my point from yesterday ]

FSU a few times

Dec 6, 2013, 5:41 PM [ in reply to I go back to my point from yesterday ]

Tennessee, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, and a few others that I really don't care to go back and research right now.

If Bowden was as successful as Spurrier has been

Dec 6, 2013, 5:07 PM

He would still be your coach.

Re: If Bowden was as successful as Spurrier has been

Dec 6, 2013, 5:12 PM

He was as successful! What exactly has Spurrier done that Bowden didn't?

That's the point. You guys are ready to erect a statue for Bowden level acomplishments.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2013, 5:21 PM

Pretty easy to understand your definition of success.Beat Clemson and go to a mediocre bowl without a sniff at an SEC Championship.That's why you have one banner hanging in WB and can make no comment or reply without talking about Clemson.That is why you will always be South Carolina.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2013, 5:24 PM

I'm hoping you replied to the wrong post?

Dec 6, 2013, 7:32 PM [ in reply to Re: If Bowden was as successful as Spurrier has been ]

Finished in the top 10 two years in a row and quite possibly 3 if we win our bowl game.

Dec 6, 2013, 7:36 PM

So that's you "grand accomplishment" that you're hanging your hat on? Bowden had us in top 15 a few times. Not much difference.

Try again.

"Top 15 A Couple Of Times"

Dec 6, 2013, 8:25 PM

Or never. Don't let the facts get in your way.

Since you want to

Dec 6, 2013, 5:16 PM

Attack the players personally. What about Lateek Townsend? Did you ever hear cj give an interview? How come 90% of the players each of us recruit have offers from the other? Did your head coach not recruit the #### out of clowney? Why is it that your school doesn't get jucos, to good for a player that couldn't get in to start with but got their grades up and wanted a second chance? FSU seems to be making good use of them. Seems to me like your high and mighty approach sucks. The average athletic admission into Clemson and South Carolina has been almost identical as far as test scores go. 1192 sat and 27-28 act composite. Seems like our athletes are on par with each other coming out of high school from an academic perspective.

Re: Since you want to

Dec 6, 2013, 5:18 PM

When you figure out how to reply to a post properly I will take you seriously.

Then why is our graduation rate higher?***

Dec 6, 2013, 5:19 PM [ in reply to Since you want to ]

Clemson Admissions rejected Clowney

Dec 6, 2013, 6:07 PM [ in reply to Since you want to ]

He was in for all intensive purposes, until the Admissions department threw a fit about his 1.something high school GPA.

Why not count ucf

Dec 6, 2013, 5:17 PM

Y'all count Georgia. At least ucf finished ranked.

Re: Why not count ucf

Dec 6, 2013, 5:18 PM

Last time I checked UGA is ranked.

Ya'll would count UGA too...If you had won of course...Do I

Dec 6, 2013, 5:21 PM [ in reply to Why not count ucf ]

really need to explain why trumpeting the UCF W is a joke?

Re: Ya'll would count UGA too...If you had won of course...Do I

Dec 6, 2013, 7:42 PM

Won't tout ucf as a big win but was a dangerous game to play. They were riding high off penn st win, was pumped to have an sec school coming to orlando, and are good enough to beat good teams on the right day. They could compete easily with the lower rated sec or acc schools. Could have easily been a trap game for us. I was worried and was glad we came out focused to play them.

Because dabo

Dec 6, 2013, 5:21 PM

Convinces your players to stay when they are clearly ready to move on to the nfl? We promote our players to do stuff in their best interest. Not

Like telling Emanuel Cook he was ready?***

Dec 6, 2013, 5:22 PM

Re: Because dabo

Dec 6, 2013, 6:10 PM [ in reply to Because dabo ]

On board full of dumb crap this somehow takes the cake. Spurrier actually quite frequently has made the exact same argument that Dabo does. That first rounders should go, everyone else could take more time. But that only concerns star athletes. What about the half dozen or so underclassmen scholarship players who are pushed out the door every year so he can pull a full recruiting class every year. Scar fans loved to brag about having the least seniors this year mistaking it for the same thing as being young. In reality, you have full classes 4 and 5 years ago and while a handful went early to the NFL most were casualties of an athletic department that doesn't have any kind of commitment to its athletes. This is reflected in the fact that one of Ray Tanners first tasks was to create a commission to figure just why so many of your former players hate USC. Finally, treating players this way is not simply the cost of business to stay successful in the SEC. Georgia and Florida, right in your own division, now offer guaranteed four years to their athletes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ask any high school recruit today

Dec 6, 2013, 5:24 PM

Which means more to them. Competing in the acc or the sec. That alone speaks for itself. Why play in a league that every year gets belittled by the entire country. I hope FSU does get to the championship game and if they lose it will only reinforce they logic.

Re: Ask any high school recruit today

Dec 6, 2013, 5:26 PM
image.jpg(33.0 K)

Congrats. You play in a good league. Nice accomplishment.

Ask their parents and they will say getting a degree...***

Dec 6, 2013, 5:27 PM [ in reply to Ask any high school recruit today ]

Re: Ask any high school recruit today

Dec 6, 2013, 7:12 PM [ in reply to Ask any high school recruit today ]

If I ask any high school recruit today as you said.Then why would any recruit go to USuC. It's not like USuC is competing for any SEC championship. Look at your stadium. One lonely ACC banner from 44 years ago. Now that's a history lesson. Of course let me here you say your history only goes back 5 years. But history goes beyond what a normal USuC grad can count.

Get lost Coot *

Dec 6, 2013, 7:59 PM [ in reply to Ask any high school recruit today ]

Nm

E cook

Dec 6, 2013, 5:26 PM

Wasn't going to have the grades to play anymore. He wouldn't have played if he stayed so he left on his own free will. You're telling me tajh helped his draft stock by playing this year? Staying was in his best interest? JD clearly hurt himself by staying.

Why wasn't he going to have the grades as a SR? Sounds like

Dec 6, 2013, 5:52 PM

bad coaching to me

Re: Why wasn't he going to have the grades as a SR? Sounds like

Dec 6, 2013, 7:15 PM

No he never had the grades to start with. They were able to cover it up enough to make it through his Junior year. Clowney is having the same problem. I'd be surprised to see Clowney play in the Bowl game.

Re: Spurrier is scujr's Bowden

Dec 6, 2013, 7:35 PM

Come on guys the NCAA requirements are the same for all schools for athletes unless the school (Stanford maybe a few others not called Clemson or Scar) choose to make theirs higher

Actually Scar dropped theirs years after Clemson did. Spurrier was quoted a few years ago stating he would quit coaching if they didn;t follow the NCAA requirements like 99% of schools

So yes, Clowney would have played for Clemson if he wanted to. Clemson gets plenty of top rated players, forget all stars like Sammy, CJ, Jacoby, Tajh, etc Look at the stud WR Mike Williams who chose Clemson over Scar, no need for them to crack on him, he is a stud and will end up catching Tds against them for years to come

Looks juvenile to keep saying Clowney couldn;t get into Clemson. Coaches know their grades and test scores and have an idea which is why so many cool on players later in the process. If you remember right before Clowney's decision he was at a Clemson visit with Dabo at a Basketball game in all orange. Facts are he would have been a great Tiger if he had simply chosen to be.

Dec 6, 2013, 7:39 PM

You seriously need to do more research because you can't be anymore wrong.

who is their Dabo?***

Dec 6, 2013, 7:41 PM

They've never had one and that has been a big part of their

Dec 6, 2013, 8:20 PM

problem ...

Honestly, Spurrier has done wonders in his swan song assignment.

All my negative comments today to the contrary, Spurrier has been by far the best thing ever to happen to SCAR football.

If only he were 45 instead of 65, what a future they'd have!!!

When he leaves the job, SCAR will be once again faced with the decision to gamble on a young up and comer who may or may not be ready for the task, or an old experienced veteran who may have a few years left, or just may have seen better days.

Despite what starry eyed dreamers envision, those are really the only two workable choices for schools like SCAR and Clemson.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2013, 8:27 PM

Many folks say maybe a Mark Dantonio from Mich St

Scar guy been away for some time may be interested in going back home??

Not sure about him but he has Mich St competitive most years although not top 15 type stuff but since when does Scar have the right to expect a guy to leave and go there who regularly has his teams in the top 15

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic