Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ol' Herbstreet may have got it right for once ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Ol' Herbstreet may have got it right for once ...

Oct 25, 2017, 12:50 PM

the 2017 Clemson offense is predicated on KB running the ball ... KB has a concussion ... KB can't afford another concussion ... KB will not run as much in future games (hopefully, for his sake). Opposing defenses will pick up on this and adjust accordingly.

You can fill in the rest of the story.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He will run just as much as before once his ankle is 100%

Oct 25, 2017, 12:52 PM

he didn't suffer the concussion because he's a mobile QB and runs it a lot. He suffered the concussion because he COULDN'T run it and escape the rush.

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^ THIS ^^^^***

Oct 25, 2017, 12:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Sadly, I have only one TU to give you.***

Oct 25, 2017, 1:10 PM [ in reply to He will run just as much as before once his ankle is 100% ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He also suffered the concussion due to the spin/slam nature

Oct 25, 2017, 4:15 PM [ in reply to He will run just as much as before once his ankle is 100% ]

of the tackle, as well as his arm being pinned so he could not brace himself.

A lot of factors went into the concussion.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought that description was narrow.

Oct 25, 2017, 1:04 PM

KB's running threat isn't the deadly part of our game until we near the goal line. Our RBs and WRs are the danger on the rest of the field.

The threat to run is the deadly part of KB's game. It keeps the secondary looking toward the LOS. Cooper is good enough to sting them a few times, perhaps enough to do the same thing. I'm not sure our coaches had Coop figured into the cuse game plan well enough to get all he can give.

In my mind they spent a week preparing and testing a plan for Cooper which will make him much more effective than he was in NY. I appreciated what Joey Galloway said, 'Cooper did a fine job and went 6 of 10 on passing.

I think Herbie is wrong again but not because he's dumb. I just don't believe he watched our game. Most of the ESPiN guys who work games at the mic miss the other games. Before their game they prepare by studying the rosters and after the games they prep their statements and comments for the coming review programs. They barely know or understand what happened and depend on each other for their opinions.

Joey saw what I saw. A very capable QB, Cooper enter the game and do a fine job. He tied the score twice and his only failure was to play defense and stop Cuse from scoring.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well, that and overthrowing Renfrow 10 yds over his head

Oct 25, 2017, 1:58 PM

on a crucial play.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

3rd and long, he is not known for being a runner, no touch

Oct 25, 2017, 4:14 PM [ in reply to I thought that description was narrow. ]

on his long throws, and this was true in Spring game and the games he has played this year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just hope that DS and the offensive coaches have.........

Oct 25, 2017, 1:07 PM

put some new plays/schemes into the offense so we aren't caught flat footed if KB can't run effectively.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ol' Herbstreet may have got it right for once ...

Oct 25, 2017, 1:14 PM

Would the rest of the story read something like this, Trevor Lawrence, starting QB for the Clemson Tigers, can't get here soon enough!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ol' Herbstreet may have got it right for once ...

Oct 25, 2017, 1:28 PM

Can't wait

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is the year, don't "wait" for next year...***

Oct 25, 2017, 4:15 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic