Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This teacher should have gotten a raise
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 629

This teacher should have gotten a raise

Feb 19, 2020, 9:45 AM

instead she was fired and will possibly be prosecuted. Smh....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wtol.com/amp/article/news/local/video-shows-toledo-daycare-worker-hitting-child/512-4db8dbb2-e55e-408b-822e-75764fdf9790

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ummmmmmm...

Feb 19, 2020, 10:23 AM

Can't say I disagree that she should be fired and prosecuted. It's a little kid and little kids gonna do little kid things. Adults should be better.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

God gave us hands to extend our love.

Feb 19, 2020, 10:30 AM

They weren't designed to use as weapons against our children. Besides that, you can really hurt a child striking them with your hand, broken bones, deep muscle bruises and such.

I also never liked to see anyone lash out with physical force without a cooling off period which ensures any emotion other than love is gone from the chastisement.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Corporal punishment is Biblical...

Feb 19, 2020, 10:42 AM

but that lady should be fired and prosecuted. It should be left to the parents, unless the parents have given explicit permission to the caregiver to do it.

My mom has permission from my sister

Feb 19, 2020, 11:15 AM

to spank my nieces if necessary, but my other sister has forbid my mom from spanking my nephew.

It's the parent's call and responsibility.

They way she did it is not right...

Feb 19, 2020, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Corporal punishment is Biblical... ]

Even if she had permission to do it.

It should never be an action of anger, but of love. That means having a calm, private moment where the child's bad behavior is explained, and the need for the spanking is explained. Then after the spanking, more calm moments to make sure the child understands and is OK. Toss a big hug in there, and you've got a nice parenting sequence.

How would that go exactly?

Feb 19, 2020, 2:53 PM

"Honey, I'm going to talk to you in a very calm and rational manner to explain that your actions are not appropriate and that we live in a society built on proper behavior that you need to learn so that you and the society may function in harmony."

"Now, I'm going to hit you and make you cry"

"How about a hug?"

(confused child runs away)

/endscene

Goes like that, except

Feb 19, 2020, 3:37 PM

the child understands and feels loved.

only, it's very possible he won't.***

Feb 19, 2020, 4:52 PM

He will if you do it right.***

Feb 20, 2020, 6:13 AM

Re: Corporal punishment is Biblical...

Feb 19, 2020, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Corporal punishment is Biblical... ]

If a parent chooses to leave their kid in another adults hands, they should expect that adult to discipline if needed. Unfortunately, a lot of adults do not discipline their children so they don’t expect anyone else to. I would bet my last dime this mother is one of those parents.

Nope.

Feb 19, 2020, 1:35 PM

They should expect the caregiver to discipline according to parental instructions. If the caregiver does not give the kind of discipline the parent wants, the parent will find another caregiver.

Re: Nope.

Feb 19, 2020, 4:29 PM

What if the parents instructions don’t work?

It’s obvious from the video this wasn’t the first incident with this child.

At what point is physical discipline warranted?

Feb 19, 2020, 4:41 PM

What if the parents instructions don’t work?

It’s obvious from the video this wasn’t the first incident with this child.

At what point is physical discipline warranted?

It's not obvious from the video that anything ever happened with the child. I believe in discipline for kids...from their parents.

You don't let a stranger slap your 3 old in the face. It's not the daycare workers job to raise the child, it's their job to keep the kids while the parents work. If the kid didn't want to eat you don't beat him. Geeez.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2020, 5:34 PM

She barely popped him. This is why I would never be a teacher, coach, or anything where I had to be in authority over kids without their parents being around.

Sadly, I feel that you actually believe this***

Feb 19, 2020, 10:50 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

I have exactly two cousins who never got a spanking.

Feb 19, 2020, 10:52 AM

They're currently both due for parole in less than 5 years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not against spanking.

Feb 19, 2020, 11:20 AM

All three of mine were spanked, I was spanked, my three brothers were spanked. We all turned out ok.

Well, except for my oldest brother. Maybe he wasn't spanked.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

I beg my grandmother to spank my son

Feb 19, 2020, 11:39 AM

but she won't do it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

That's airtight logic***

Feb 19, 2020, 2:49 PM [ in reply to I have exactly two cousins who never got a spanking. ]

I got spanked...

Feb 19, 2020, 2:52 PM [ in reply to I have exactly two cousins who never got a spanking. ]

but not in the face.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe there's a very niche time and place for corporal

Feb 19, 2020, 10:52 AM

punishment.

At the same time, this isn't corporal punishment and any adult other than my wife and I that laid a hand on my kids would be dealing with a world o' shiid. There's a lot of stuff people (including me) say on the Internet that's hyperbolic, but if any adult hurt one of my kids physically, I'm coming down on them like a spider monkey, Chip.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I believe there's a very niche time and place for corporal

Feb 19, 2020, 11:38 AM

Is a mark on his face considered “hurting” him? I bet the little #### head doesn’t spit his food at another teacher.

Sort of related. I find the topic of "spanking" interesting

Feb 19, 2020, 10:53 AM

We teach our kids not to hit, but we hit our kids.

Do you teach your kids to drink, swear, speed, and

Feb 19, 2020, 10:56 AM

watch pronhub? Do as I say, not as I do man...it's the American way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The success of that system impresses me.***

Feb 19, 2020, 11:00 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

These hands are rated E for everybody***

Feb 19, 2020, 10:59 AM

I like your funny words magic man

That was Merle Haggard with I Kissed My Sweetie With My Fist***

Feb 19, 2020, 11:01 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude...

Feb 19, 2020, 2:51 PM

Did you find your political trolls were getting boring? Cause that was stinky bait.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This teacher should have gotten a raise

Feb 19, 2020, 4:39 PM

instead she was fired and will possibly be prosecuted. Smh....

What are you thinking? Of course she should be fired, and go to jail. You don't hit a 3 year old up side the head. Jail.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 629
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic