Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why so offended?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Why so offended?

Oct 9, 2018, 5:24 PM

If I said Stanford gas a power run game, we'd all agree. They line up 2 TEs on tge line and a FB with 1 or 2 WRs and handoff.

We don't play that game. Heck, when we need to play smashmouth, we run our QB or bring in 2 DTs to block.

There's nothing negative or wrong about what DH said. Its not a judgement. We can run the ball and we're a good looking squad.

GO TIGERS!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

You are right about Stanford, but why did he single out

Oct 9, 2018, 5:30 PM

Clemson as a finesse team when the majority of the nations Power 5 teams run offenses that rarely use a FB and two TEs other maybe a short yardage or goal line situation.

He was clearly trying to throw some shade on Clemson, and that was the best he could come up with. Remember, the context of his comment was in the middle of a discussion that Clemson was not living up to expectations during GameDay last Saturday.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why so offended?

Oct 9, 2018, 5:30 PM

It's just that we don't have SEC speed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2018, 5:37 PM

SEC speed?
Is that how fast Auburn and LSU fell in the rankings this week?

Oct 9, 2018, 5:34 PM

My lonely opinion says that with all of the drama this year: TL16,KB2,soft OL against ALA., etc., this team has not played very well... And don't spike ME, DABO just said that there were 40 coachable moments in a 63-3.... 63-3... 63-3 DRUBBING of a team that many thought would give us a game...WHOOOOOOO...If these guys all get on the same page, wow

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He wasn't talking about play calling

Oct 9, 2018, 5:38 PM

he says he was, but he wasn't.

He was calling us soft, and taking petty shots where he could. His been anti Clemson for the whole season, but been a jerk as of late.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because he implied that Clemson isn't capable of running

Oct 9, 2018, 5:52 PM

the ball. Go watch the clip again. Pollack says that Clemson needs to run the ball more to take the pressure off the QB situation and then Howard says that Clemson is a finesse group and not a smash mouth group and that they can't change who they are mid season. He's implying that Clemson can not do what Pollack says they need to do.

Re: Because he implied that Clemson isn't capable of running

Oct 9, 2018, 6:49 PM

I didn't see the clip, but if that is what they said it doesn't make much sense because we ran all over GT in the 2nd half and ran the ball down Syracuse's throat to win the game. It's like they're telling us we need to do what we're already doing.

Oct 9, 2018, 5:54 PM

I agree. This is a tired discussion and people need to move on. It isn't a big deal. I'd have thought by now with our years of success we'd be beyond such sensitivities. Really-who cares. I personally get tired of all these radio/media types talk about how they get bombarded by Clemson fans whenever something negative is said.

Yeah, Bama, UGa and other teams would not be upset at

Oct 9, 2018, 6:05 PM

all if a TV jockey made demeaning comments about their teams. Nah, what are we thinking?

Re: Yeah, Bama, UGa and other teams would not be upset at

Oct 9, 2018, 6:14 PM

Finesse isn’t a demeaning wording. The same ones who are always wanting trick plays are the ones who object to being called finesse! There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a finesse offense .... if it works. I’m having trouble finding fault with Dabo and his staff. Go Tigers

Read my response at the beginning of the thread,

Oct 9, 2018, 6:18 PM

that is my opinion of what Howard was doing.

I was being sarcastic in the response you responded to.

Oct 9, 2018, 6:08 PM

There are some who think that no opinion is important unless it is their own. Human nature I guess.

Oct 9, 2018, 6:18 PM

I really don't understand everyone being so upset by this, either.

Everyone agrees that Clemson has a run game that other teams have to pay attention to and respect. Finesse, power, I dont care what you call it... just keep running like Clemson runs. Give me ETN, Feaster, Dixon, Renfrow, or Wilkins!

It is like everyone wants the media to say something negative towards Clemson to be offended by.

Maybe Saturday will get here quickly.

BEAT NC STATE!

Message was edited by: v_eight

Oct 9, 2018, 6:31 PM

I personally like the fact that Desmond called us out. Gives the boys locker room material. Screw the haters. Just win and the rest will take care of itself

Oct 9, 2018, 7:11 PM

Maybe you don't get it or are a coot? Desmond says this to imply CU isn't worthy of the playoffs and to justify ND being his second team for the CFP. Speak up or let it go unchallenged and squeeze CU out.

You got me.. Years of building the perfect troll job.

Oct 9, 2018, 7:46 PM

What DH, or any analysts for that matter, says after 6 games is as irrelevant as what you and I say toward influencing the CFP committee. If ND and Clemson are undefeated at the end of the season, they'll both go. DH isn't changing that by saying we are a finesse team. Besides, our D is a beast and our O is effective.. the rare combo. Committee members see that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic