Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What the heII were we thinking.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 513

What the heII were we thinking.

Feb 16, 2017, 9:05 PM

Jeb was an awesome governor.

https://twitter.com/khanoisseur/status/832362575585107968

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

He wasn't angry and trashy enough for the base.*****

Feb 16, 2017, 9:18 PM

... but then the alternative was Billary. Gotta take chance

Feb 16, 2017, 9:41 PM

sometimes....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can understand of course how some people voted.

Feb 16, 2017, 9:48 PM

Trump over Hillary. I can't for the life of me understand how people voted for Trump over all the other Republican options. The other candidates weren't angry and trashy enough seems to be the case.

I'm not Pub or Crat... despise the parties. I was a Bernie

Feb 16, 2017, 10:12 PM

supporter knowing that a number of his far left agendas would never make it through Congress, but still knowing that he was BY FAR the most decent and truthful of the candidates... He had to run with the Crats to make the ballot, and of course they screwed him everywhere it might matter. Until there is a third party in this country, there will be turmoil... That new party needs a centrist base with a progressive slant, yet maintain the constructs of the Constitution.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree*****

Feb 16, 2017, 10:16 PM

It's pretty simple. We were thinking that a chaos president

Feb 16, 2017, 10:05 PM

would be better than the trainwreck known as Hillary Clinton.

MauldinT, where are you???

But why over the other Repub candidates who could ..

Feb 16, 2017, 10:11 PM

also beat Hillary?

They couldn't beat Trump.... You're lost in speculation.***

Feb 16, 2017, 10:13 PM

Ummm...that part is a given. You're missing the point...

Feb 16, 2017, 10:15 PM

Why did so many Repubs vote for a chaotic guy like Trump over the other options?

Most weren't 'party' Pubs... Most were the working class

Feb 16, 2017, 10:20 PM

tired of getting bent over....

Straaight rebelion*****

Feb 16, 2017, 10:23 PM

It's simple. No unifying candidate, fragmented party, disdain for D.C.

Feb 16, 2017, 10:25 PM [ in reply to Ummm...that part is a given. You're missing the point... ]

And a known failure in the opposing party.

It was worth a shot, and as long as he doesn't do permanent damage, this is the right thing for our dogmatic political machine.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I can see how we got here, but I don't see this working...

Feb 16, 2017, 10:28 PM

out well. Time will tell though.

Why would you?

Feb 16, 2017, 11:27 PM

You're a democrat

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First off, I am not n independent. I do lean lib though..

Feb 16, 2017, 11:32 PM

That said, party affiliation has nothing to do with why I see Trump not working. I can see why you wouldn't see an issues though, being the partisan hack you are.

lutz***

Feb 16, 2017, 11:36 PM

Exactly...haha..Your post are laughable.

Feb 16, 2017, 11:41 PM

I rag on conservatives and libs. I especially rag on partisan goofball hacks like yourself.

It sure got the media invigorated... No wasted time on

Feb 16, 2017, 10:33 PM [ in reply to It's simple. No unifying candidate, fragmented party, disdain for D.C. ]

puppy dog stories or Caitlyn Jenner... Kinda exposes the bureaucratic political entrenchment of the "intelligence" agencies, too...

That's. What. He's. Asking.

Feb 16, 2017, 10:18 PM [ in reply to They couldn't beat Trump.... You're lost in speculation.*** ]

How is it that Trump beat out 12 or so candidates that would have made solid Presidents and 15 that would have made more sense than him?

I think a large part of it is that absolute disdain a huge part of the country had for their career politicians.

null

Precisely... and that was true of both parties, to an extent***

Feb 16, 2017, 10:21 PM

yep. Sick of the BS. Sick of the PC culture.

Feb 16, 2017, 11:12 PM [ in reply to That's. What. He's. Asking. ]

Sick of the same old same old DC. Sick of the Establishment (aka Clinton/Bush/entrenched career politician).

Time was right for Revolution. And this was the best chance that had come along in a very long time. Something different. A 180 from "politics as usual".

It was so obvious to anyone with eyes and mind open. But it didn't dawn on me whatsoever until one day a little mousy woman I work with, a woman who I had known for many years and had never once uttered any sort of opinion about anything (but I had always suspected to be the prototype feminist), asked me out of the blue "who are you voting for?" (this was the SC primaries). I hadn't really thought about it much honestly - then she said with a big grin, "I'm voting for Donald Trump". Absolutely blew me away. That's when I realized this thing was REAL. When somebody like THAT is sick of it, a BUNCH more folks are too.

And that's a big part of the media/elitist hysteria - it sucks to suddenly realize that YOU are the "Establishment". You weren't a part of the Revolution of America you always dreamed of, you are the CAUSE of it.

Dang, bo... Nice example and REAL nice summation.... +1.***

Feb 17, 2017, 1:10 AM

^^^ dittoes here ^^^ and I raise you a +1

Feb 17, 2017, 6:48 AM

????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: yep. Sick of the BS. Sick of the PC culture.

Feb 17, 2017, 6:50 AM [ in reply to yep. Sick of the BS. Sick of the PC culture. ]

This would have credibility if Trump were not full of crap himself. So we tried the hissy fit and it's time to move on and grow up.

This crap sandwich doesn't taste much better.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

he's already done pretty much the opposite

Feb 17, 2017, 8:25 AM

of what a president is "expected" to do, which is causing much of the media caterwauling. "Un-American"; "Un-Presidential" they cry. After all, THEY set the rules; well, in their own minds they do. What a wake-up call they are getting.

I have always thought that anyone who is truly qualified to be POTUS has better sense than to actually want to BE President, and I maintain that. We'll never get another great man in office, not at this point in history. So we're stuck with egomaniacs, because those are the only people who actually WANT the office.

You were thinking 'HILLARY.'

Feb 17, 2017, 7:37 AM

Don't act innocent. You wanted Obama with a ####, the left screwed around and Trump is what you got.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 513
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic