Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone else know Ken Hatfield was now on the committee?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,435

Anyone else know Ken Hatfield was now on the committee?

Oct 30, 2018, 7:30 PM

Hope we don't lose a game or we are out. Maybe he is recused from Clemson talk?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone else know Ken Hatfield was now on the committee?

Oct 30, 2018, 7:40 PM

I think he would be fair. Hatfield was the wring person at the wrong time as Clemson coach, but he is a good man.

He was the wrong person for ANY time.***

Oct 30, 2018, 7:49 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He was the wrong person for ANY time.***

Oct 30, 2018, 10:08 PM

its talk like that which causes some to wonder if he might not have some revenge waiting for us.

fact is, Hatfield is a good man and was a good coach. however, he was following a great coach at a time when competition in the conference was increasing and the boards enthusiasm for football was at an all time low.
Hatfield wasn't what we wanted, but he did his best for us. we dont have to wish him here to wish him well.

Re: He was the wrong person for ANY time.***

Oct 30, 2018, 10:49 PM

Hatfield was also the reason we didn't get into addition trouble with the NCAA. His squeaky clean image was #1 qualification we were looking for at the time, and he really did make great strides to clean up our program. I recall a year or two after we hired him that the NCAA was looking into the basketball program in relation to Wayne Buckingham. They handed down "less than the minimum" sanctions, indicating that that did so because progress with the football program indicated a departmental more towards compliance.

Oct 31, 2018, 2:58 AM

Ken Hatfield would give Clemson his unbiased vote. He is a man of great character and integrity. I am sorry I can’t say the same about how some Clemson employees, boosters and fans treated Ken and Sandy.

Ken is not that kind of person that would hold a grudge or screw Clemson even though I would not blame him if he did.

If you were Clemson fans during the Danny Ford era into Ken Hatfield and Tommy West tenure, then you know I speak the truth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2018, 5:32 AM

We had our share of boo birds back then too. Was not a fun time for a loyal fan like me. I only boo the refs.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,435
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic