Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Dabo on defensive talent level
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Football Update: Dabo on defensive talent level

Oct 2, 2012, 12:06 PM

Dabo on defensive talent level

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For all you losers on here saying our talent sucks

Oct 2, 2012, 12:20 PM

Dabo just called you an idiot as well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think many coaches

Oct 2, 2012, 12:23 PM

will admit that their players suck. I'm not saying it's a talent issue or coaching issue, but if our coaches said we don't have good players then we will have a lot more problems.

Re: For all you losers on here saying our talent sucks

Oct 2, 2012, 12:32 PM [ in reply to For all you losers on here saying our talent sucks ]

We don't have a lot of talent on defense. If you can't see that, YOU are the idiot.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2012, 12:40 PM

CooT:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2012, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Re: For all you losers on here saying our talent sucks ]

And what qualifies you to make that assessment? Have you coached at the D1 level? Did you play at the D1 level. Have you been an assistant coach anywhere at any college?

Just wondering what puts you in a position of being able to make that assessment. If you are saying that it is your "opinion" that we don't have talent then that is fine. But if you are saying that you know better than the Dabo or the other coaches, I'm just wondering what qualifies to make that statement?

Trust me, if you were that good at assessing talent, then you would probably be a D1 coach somewhere or at least on staff.

For now, I think I will take the coaches word over yours. As was said, defense takes more time, especially when you now have a new scheme. Yes, it has been simplified from last year, but it is still a new system.

Go down the list of our starters and see what is beside their name.... it kind of looks like.... Freshman, Red-Shirt Freshman, Sophomore, Red-shirt Sophomore... with a few Juniors and Seniors..... we are YOUNG....

Talent is there, that is why other big-time schools were going after many of these players.

Oct 2, 2012, 12:57 PM

You don't have to be a coach to have common sense. All you have to do is watch the games to see the talent level on this defense isn't up to par with other Clemson defenses in the past. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that. Hell, we have two Senior safeties that are progressively worse than they were as underclassmen. Dabo Swinney isn't going to just come out and say "our guys suck a$$." Yes, alot of players on the defense are young, but their are a lot of young players across the nation that are making plays for their teams week in and week out. I don't buy that BS excuse. But, you keep on living in fantasy land, buddy.

Oct 2, 2012, 12:57 PM

thanks coach 91.

Typical response from you

Oct 2, 2012, 12:58 PM

Adding nothing to the conversation, as usual.

Oct 2, 2012, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Re: For all you losers on here saying our talent sucks ]

And let me stress, I am talking about at the present moment. There are some guys on this defenses that can be VERY good down the road. Hell, even Swinney has said as much. I'm just talking about at the present moment.

Oct 2, 2012, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Re: For all you losers on here saying our talent sucks ]

Thanks for not answering the question.... lol

Just because you watch games you can tell..... lolol....

We have young players who are making plays as well as other teams.

Still just wondering your qualifications for saying we don't have talent. I thought you might be an NFL scout, but then you said.... I watch the games.... so do I, and what I see is that we have guys more out of position than anything else, that usually comes with a thing called "time."

And yes, we might have a couple of seniors playing but it is not like they have been 4 year starters.

I think I will still go with the coaches as it relates to talent.

Oct 2, 2012, 5:28 PM

Hall is a 4 year starter. Meeks is a 3 year starter. Moron

Oct 2, 2012, 5:36 PM

Wrong.... they might have played a good bit, but they haven't been consistent starters... big difference.

Still waiting for you to give your qualifications or than, I watch games on TV or I go to the games. So does 80,000 other Clemson fans. Does that qualify them to decided if there is talent there? Not really....

Didn't know you had to resort to name calling. I used to do that, but I stopped when I went into middle school years ago..... lol

Oct 2, 2012, 4:34 PM [ in reply to Re: For all you losers on here saying our talent sucks ]

So you're telling me Goodman (SR), Corico Wright (SR), Rashard Hall (G), Robinson (JR), Brewer (G), Parker (JR) and Meeks (SR) are talented? Tell you what, since none of us are experts on judging talent level, lets see where these guys get drafted after being evaluated by your experts.

I agree that there is definitely some young talent on this team, young being a keyword. I think Blanks was a tremendous get and I'm curious how Peters will grow. Tig has been solid and Stephone has done a decent job. I particularly can't wait to see what the trasfer Kellen Jones does his first season as a tiger. With recruiting going the way it is, it is only a matter of time before this D gets back in shape.

All that said, you can not deny that some of these juniors and seniors are simply not playing up to what is expected of them. It is sad when so much youth must be relied on because your juniors and seniors are not disiplined enough. No I've never coached or even played the sport, but I'm smart enough to know that these expectations are frequently met by other universities (smaller ones at that) all across the country.

Oh come on, what is he supposed to say? "Yeah, my

Oct 2, 2012, 1:02 PM [ in reply to For all you losers on here saying our talent sucks ]

players stink"? He has to say what he said... and he's basically lying.

Re: Oh come on, what is he supposed to say? "Yeah, my

Oct 2, 2012, 3:00 PM

Why don't you go and tell him that.... and the other coaches.... lol

Right... I didn't think so.

Why would that matter? I've made my opinions perfectly

Oct 2, 2012, 5:00 PM

clear. The FR and SO are talented, the JRs and SRs aren't. It IS a talent problem when all of your upperclassmen are mediocre to bad players.

Re: Football Update: Dabo on defensive talent level

Oct 2, 2012, 1:00 PM

with what he said about one safety I have two ask. Are there two guys w the same name. Cause the one I've noticed hasnt made many plays at all

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class or 2013: 13 Defense, 7 Offense

Oct 2, 2012, 1:07 PM

counting Montavius and Mackensie. Speaks for itself. The defense needs help desparately.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

He speaks the truth... somehow most were very talented

Oct 3, 2012, 5:45 PM

in high school. If they're not playing well now, that is poor player development. It defies logic to blame our defensive woes on anything other than proper talent development and coaching.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic