Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"They're Copycating What Other Teams Did"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,232

"They're Copycating What Other Teams Did"

Jan 11, 2019, 7:59 PM

I just heard that again from Saban watching a replay. He was mad because he said we did what other teams that were successful against them did. What does he think that is no fair coaching? Laughing out loud at a replay.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Isn't that kinda the point of studying film !?!?!

Jan 11, 2019, 8:20 PM

C'mon Nicky, we can't keep giving you these free lessons.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: "They're Copycating What Other Teams Did"

Jan 11, 2019, 8:29 PM

He’s just admitting that they are bad coaches and didn’t seriously prepare for playing Clemson.
They ate their own rat poison.
To compensate he just needs to recruit the #1 5* player at every position.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

He should have said...

Jan 11, 2019, 8:33 PM

"Clemson is doing a lot of plays that other teams successfully did against and I'm disappointed that we haven't yet cleaned up those issues".

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2019, 8:35 PM

Still finding it hard to believe Saban actually said this!! Maybe he’s - - not so smart anymore??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Jan 11, 2019, 8:41 PM

That's an interesting question. For him to have made such a statement you have to wonder.

Jan 11, 2019, 8:56 PM

What would Saban call that little inside shuttle pass they called that got blown up?

Ever since the Pitt game a couple of years ago, many have tried, no one has succeeded. That door is closed forever.

Yeah, but they forgot to practice against it. Etienne! TD!***

Jan 11, 2019, 9:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wasn’t the long TD to Jeudy with Muse covering a Bentley copycat?

Jan 11, 2019, 9:51 PM

Also don’t recall a 10 minute drive to end a game while bruising Bama’s defense with a backup QB being on any other team’s profile this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2019, 10:04 PM

It’s a shocking statement from him. Sounded childish. Surely he scouted our opponents succeses to exploit any weaknesses. If not, my gosh what a failure on top of a failure.
Just seemed below a coach of his stature.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

meanwhile they did the same thing the year

Jan 11, 2019, 10:06 PM

before blitzing and crowding the box because they knew kelly wasnt a good passer..thats what every other team did and had success against us..but i didnt see dabo complaining about it headed to halftime last year though

Jan 11, 2019, 10:16 PM

Funny thing about the shuttle pass. I have yet to see it be effective after Pitt burnt us with it. In fact Bama tried to use it just last game and got stuffed

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,232
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic