Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chase Brice is so good. I have a question...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,416

Chase Brice is so good. I have a question...

Dec 1, 2018, 11:23 PM

If he left would you be disappointed in him? He is the real deal.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chase Brice is so good. I have a question...

Dec 3, 2018, 12:37 AM

Not at all. Kid is too good to be standing on a sideline. He is a team first guy but at some point that will get old I'm sure . He could go be a star somewhere else.

Dec 3, 2018, 1:15 AM

Great QB. Especially at Clemson.

He's already burned a calendar year with his RS (obviously not an eligibility year). I doubt he wants to burn another by transferring and not landing in a spot as good for him as CU.

He could step down to FCS and play immediately but not with the same spotlight as at CU.

My guess is he stays, gets a lot of playing time, plays on national TV and for conference and/or national championships every year, provides insurance for Trevor and, if nothing else, starts in 2021. He would have a lot stronger case to be the heir-apparent starter than KB had, and he got a year, so his best option to play in the NFL is to stay at Clemson.

He has to answer that question for himself

Dec 3, 2018, 1:25 AM

with some family input as he sees fit. IF he has NFL talent and aspirations, he may want to test the waters and transfer. There is no guarantee he will start he will start even IF Trevor leaves after jr year. And even then, no guarantee Brice would start more than a game or two or three with KB2 as an example. That said, he may be happy at Clemson and could play NFL with a great sr year, IF Trevor goes NFL early and IF another QB does not beat him out. Lot of ifs ...

All that said, big fan of Brice. He has moxie and guts and wish him the best!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He said he loves Clemson and has no problem being

Dec 3, 2018, 1:27 AM

the back-up. Of course he wants to start, but he is okay with back-up right now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He has to answer that question for himself

Dec 3, 2018, 1:40 AM [ in reply to He has to answer that question for himself ]

I agree, but he has demonstrated far better command of the offense than KB did.

Pro scouts don't need to see a huge body of work. See Trubisky and Holmes. But they do want to see a QB make correct reads and demonstrate enough arm strength to have a pro future.

Since SYR Chase has really settled in. I've seen the way he and Trevor interact, and it's obvious there is unfeigned mutual respect.
Of course I'm being hopeful, but Chase could stay here 5 years, never be the starter, but end up taking over 500 snaps.

Unlike KB, Trevor's goal for every game is to get the backup QB lots of PT.

Dec 3, 2018, 1:52 AM

I remember reading earlier in the year that Chase was quoted as saying he chose Clemson because of what the University had to offer him, Football was a bonus!

Until his desires and needs change, he is one of us.

We are a better team because of Chase. Our offense is stronger and less predictable because of Chase. Trevor has more freedom to make the correct reads and run the ball because of Chase. There is no bleak fear of Trevor getting injured because Chase is here. We can win with Chase leading our team. Chase simply makes us better!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2018, 7:34 AM [ in reply to Re: He has to answer that question for himself ]

Matt Cassel never started a game in college and was behind Leinart and had a solid NFL career

He seems like the type who could graduate early

Dec 3, 2018, 6:55 AM

so my guess would be he's here next year, graduates early, and has two years eligibility elsewhere. And by then we've restocked at QB. Win/win for all

Re: He seems like the type who could graduate early

Dec 3, 2018, 7:32 AM

Good post..seems to be a good road although he's burned a redshirt year so wouldn't that mean he'd only have 1 eligibility year after/if he graduates next year? Basically he'd be doing the same thing KB did just without the drama and with some pre-planning. Whatever he does I am really glad he's on the team and think he could be an NFL player one day even if he doesn't leave. It's a harder road but he seems to be the type of guy (by his comments) that lend to him not sweating it and embracing the challenge. Nick Schuessler was invited to and was in camp with the Steelers and Chase has already likely shown NFL scouts more than Nick was able to backing up DW4.

Message was edited by: OrangeCoast®

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2018, 7:26 AM

I think Chase said something a couple of months ago to the effect that Clemson is where he would want his college experience even if he didn't play football. So I would have to get over being shocked before I could even think about being disappointed.

Dec 3, 2018, 7:42 AM

Watching the interaction between Brice and Lawrence indicates they want to compliment each other. That is what makes this team something special and it's apparent throughout the entire squad.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2018, 7:42 AM

I hope he stays, you never know what can happen and as Dabo said in the summer "we can win championship's with Chase". Not that I see TL as the kind of guy to do this but who's to say he won't sit out his junior year bc he doesn't want to risk injury and killing his #1 draft pick potential. Chase Brice is a baller. Side note: wouldn't it be ironic if he transferred to Syracuse? I would hate to see that on so many levels.

Luckily I think Chase will graduate a tiger and ball out for Clemson his senior year. TL will play his junior year win a Natty or 2 and be the #1 pick in 2021. Then DJ and Taisun will fight it out to start after Chase gets drafted.

To answer though I'd be sad to see him leave but not disappointed or mad.

Go tigers!

Message was edited by: SSN-Tiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

What a dumb question***

Dec 3, 2018, 7:58 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What a dumb question***

Dec 3, 2018, 7:59 AM

What a dumb response.

Okay, let's try this again.

Dec 3, 2018, 8:47 AM

I'll try asking you a few questions:

Why are you looking to run off a QB who took over a hundred snaps this year?
Why are you looking to run off a QB who led a comeback in relief duty?
Why are you looking to run off one of the coaches' family members?

Chase Brice is not going anywhere.

Haven't we seen the importance of backup QBs enough? 2018 National Championship, backup QB. 2018 Super Bowl, backup QB. 2018 SEC championship, backup QB. 2018 AAC Championship, backup QB.

I'm sure your answer is going to include "DJ" and "Taisun", but c'mon. Do you really think this taste of trophies is going to send Chase Brice running scared of a few high schoolers?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You should have simply

Dec 3, 2018, 8:53 AM

Asked your questions as a response, rather than the condescension route. That said, the OP wasn't running anyone off...he was asking because Chase is clearly talented enough to lead a program. Nothing more.

As others have commented, Chase made his college decision independent of football...it was, as solely a student, would I be happy at Clemson? That was his decision. He'll continue to take a lot of snaps for Clemson.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,416
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic