Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson's Vic Beasley to be released by Titans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson's Vic Beasley to be released by Titans

Nov 3, 2020, 6:17 PM

Clemson's Vic Beasley to be released by Titans

The Tennessee Titans informed former Clemson standout Vic Beasley that he will be released on Wednesday. Beasley signed a contract in the offseason that was set Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Holding out and reporting to camp late have never helped

Nov 3, 2020, 6:21 PM

a career yet. Player may have signed for more money, or not, but it NEVER helps the overall career on the field.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Holding out and reporting to camp late have never helped

Nov 3, 2020, 7:12 PM

Has made over $39 million in signings. This year he totals two tackles. Don’t think that can relate to holding out

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2020, 7:14 PM

Guess he is tired of the grind

Nov 3, 2020, 9:41 PM

The opposite career track of his bud Grady Jarrett. Paid tremendously for his potential with little payoff for ownership. I wish Mr. Beasley the best, and hope he has an outstanding financial advisor.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Folks really wanted him to be a big part of that team...

Nov 3, 2020, 7:17 PM [ in reply to Holding out and reporting to camp late have never helped ]

But he reported late with some undisclosed conditioning problem or injury and could not play. Not sure what is going on, but I wish him the best!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He seemed to give up when......

Nov 3, 2020, 7:28 PM

he was here in Atlanta with the Falcons. After leading the NFL in sacks his 2nd year he seemed distracted and indifferent to his job. There must be something going on behind the scenes with him.

Re: He seemed to give up when......

Nov 4, 2020, 12:42 AM

What's going on surely isn't behind the scenes, but a contract that pays $9 mil, and showing no interest by showing up to camp late, and not performing to his elite abilities, I would personally believe that as it is, is rather obscene. I think that if Vic's contract wasn't of his liking, the proper thing he should have done, was to have gotten everything cleared up, or retired until a better offer come along. I mean isn't that what players do when they don't get the sort of contract their after long into their career. I just think that deciding to accept what's being offer, and never fully engaging to the best of his ability isn't the right thing to do. I just can't imagine being offered a job that would be paying me $9 mil a year, and not do the job to the very best of my ability. But this is what happens these days with grossly overpaid athletes in today's world of sports. It is rather embarrassing to say the least, and it's mostly why I get the sports entertainment that I'll ever need from college sports, where the games are played mostly bc of team/player pride. College sports is my #1, and has been for a very long time!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson's Vic Beasley to be released by Titans

Nov 4, 2020, 6:56 AM

Always liked Beasley. Maybe my team will be smart and pick him up .We need help on defense real bad Of course my team needs a new owner real bad.
Need a hint as to my team;
Look up the former MNF announcer who used to sing
"Turn Out the Lights
The Party's Over....."

Re: TNET: Clemson's Vic Beasley to be released by Titans

Nov 4, 2020, 7:07 AM

He made a fortune. Good for him.

This could well be a case of: I am already a very rich man

Nov 4, 2020, 7:47 AM

from playing this violent game. Subconsciously, or consciously, his body may be telling him, we don't need to be doing this anymore. If that is the case, I wish, just once, a player would be truthful and come out and say so. Nobody would condemn them.

Andrew Luck probably has come closer than anyone to doing exactly that. I admire him for it, although I did not admire his timing of it.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic