Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
clemson vs the acc
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

clemson vs the acc

Jun 30, 2018, 10:27 AM

We really need someone in the acc to step it up and be good this year. Its better for clemson and the acc..

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: clemson vs the acc

Jun 30, 2018, 10:37 AM

the sec east needs someone to step other than ga. By far the worst conference in power 5.

Jun 30, 2018, 10:56 AM

4paws, part of me agrees with the coot. While enjoy dominating the conference, these shoulders can get tired. Dabo has already run off Jimbo, so we can’t count on the Noles to shoulder this burden. I’d like to put my money on Fuentes. Richt is tired and won’t see 5 years at the U.

Jun 30, 2018, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Re: clemson vs the acc ]

We’ll step it up.

Did you mean suck it up???***

Jul 1, 2018, 10:26 AM

Jun 30, 2018, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Re: clemson vs the acc ]

The sec least is a clown division bro.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jul 1, 2018, 8:58 AM

The sec least is a clown division bro.

versus say......the entire acc as a clown conference. Get back to me when the acc puts two in the College football playoffs.

He said SEC EAST

Jul 1, 2018, 8:22 PM

Nobody is going to argue about the West, if only because Bama.

But to sit here given the recent results of the ACC-versus-SEC East is completely asinine.

Jun 30, 2018, 11:04 AM

The ACC is great already, nice try though.

Rooting for your conference and claiming conference superiority is what fans from irrelevant fan-bases do because they haven't won any championships, like Gamecock fans.

Can you imagine Clemson fans pounding their chest's every time UNC or Duke won in basketball? Neither can I. That would be incredibly lame.

Adios chicken...

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 30, 2018, 11:12 AM

No. If fsu falls off. It will have an effect on clemson making the playoff sooner and not later. The acc is still not thought highly of. Thats my point...

Jun 30, 2018, 11:27 AM

cdc said:

No. If fsu falls off. It will have an effect on clemson making the playoff sooner and not later. The acc is still not thought highly of. Thats my point...

https://www.seccountry.com/sec/advanced-stats-say-sec-east-is-power-5s-worst-division

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 30, 2018, 11:39 AM

Yes i get that. But over all the sec is still thought to better than the acc year in and year out.

Jun 30, 2018, 2:30 PM

By eSECpn, sure. Every channel at ESPN is essentially the “SEC Channel.”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jun 30, 2018, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Re: clemson vs the acc ]

and yet Tenn and coots still cant do squat

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Give it time. Coaching in ACC is now overall better than...

Jul 1, 2018, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Re: clemson vs the acc ]

SEC.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 30, 2018, 11:26 AM

FSU, yes they have had their problems the last cple of years but, FSU won't stay down, the money comes with the winning. Miami will soon be a power house program again and they will be a challenge for us making it to the playoffs year in and year out. Everything that goes around will come back around, and the ACC was once one of the top FB conferences, and it will be again even with Swofford's attempts to turn the ACC into the strongest Basketball conference!!!

Jun 30, 2018, 11:59 AM

The problem isn't the ACC, the problem is Clemson. Clemson for the past three or four years has been head and shoulders above the other teams in the ACC. Just as Alabama makes the other SEC teams look weak, Clemson makes the other ACC teams look weak. Clemson does not have to look at other ACC teams to brag about a trophy. We leave that to the Gamecock fans who have a room full of non-participation and "we are in the SEC" trophies.

Gamecock fans continually refer to Clemson's football schedule is easy because we are in the ACC. Common logic, which appears to be absent in the Gamecock mind, fail to admit that Alabama has an easy schedule because it is so much superior to the other SEC members. Heck, the Gamecocks can't even beat Kentucky, one of the weakest teams in all Power 5 conferences.

The bottom line is for Clemson to take care of it's own business, regardless of the opponent, and we will be in the final four. It's not something in our wish book, it's something we have come to expect.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's right. Clemson is going to step up and be

Jun 30, 2018, 12:09 PM

Head and shoulders above the rest of the league.

It doesn't really matter what anybody else does.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2018, 7:21 PM [ in reply to Re: clemson vs the acc ]

I know this isn’t a popular opinion around here, though it’s true. ACC isn’t even the second best conference right now. The B1G overall is the best conference top to bottom, SEC really just has the two teams, and sadly The ACC is just clemson now with Lamar gone and Until FSU is back. And before any of y’all jump me for saying B1G>ACC, the loser of the B1G best the loser of the ACC in on Miami’s home field with a month to prepare. The other side of the B1G speaks for itself. Hardest division in CFB to win. Al that said, I don’t it makes any difference for Clemson when they destroy everyone they play. Would be nice to have a deeper conference, but I’m not a conference pumper and really only care about how the Tigers do most weeks.

deer nancy

Jun 30, 2018, 12:47 PM

try harder - that was a pitiful attempt

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

I agree......goober the chicken needs to get a grip....

Jun 30, 2018, 3:38 PM

especially if he's waiting on Larry "The Lid" Fedora to lead the tarsqueals to the CFP. The school with best chance of revenue improvement shows little interest in their football program as long as they're making money in hoops....what does hack me off is that money Clemson makes for the ACC helps unc fund the zillion women's sports they have

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 30, 2018, 3:51 PM

What you talking about Willis?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I get what you're saying but

Jul 1, 2018, 10:21 AM

I don't fully agree with it.

1. Conference pumping is by far the stupidest thing in all of sports. It dwindles down competitiveness in my opinion and makes analyzing teams extremely lazy by just looking at a logo. It dwindles competitiveness because you end up pulling for your in conference rivals to win just because of the infatuation of your conference.

2. The ACC isn't as weak as you think. I expect this year to be a down year but trust me when I'm saying this conference can be the top conference in a few years if the pieces fall into place just right. The coaching has bumped itself up tremendously recently outside of Fisher leaving. Although, Taggert isn't a bad replacement for them either.

Duke - David Cutcliffe. Phenomenal coach, just hard to recruit talent for Duke football.
Virginia Tech - Justin Fuente. Above Average coach with something still left to prove and is young. They can get good talent each cycle and they're just a good QB away from being a New Years 6 contender.
Duh U - Richt is going to make that program relevant again it's just a matter of when. I don't think they'll be Playoff good yet but they can be New Years 6 good (and I mean win it) and soon if Richt keeps up the hard work.
Wake Forest - Dave Clawson is underrated as heck. Heck, they beat A&M (yes, A&M sucked but that's a very talented team). I wouldn't be surprised to see a higher tier program try to pick him in the future. Wake better hold onto him.
FSU - Willie Taggert. I'm sort of unknown on how good he can make FSU but I'm sure they won't be horrible. This may be the change FSU needed to keep it rolling in the football world. FSU's talent with a fast pace offense, that could be scary good.
NC State - Dave Doeren. As much as I despise this guy he's an alright coach and by alright, I mean average. His teams have a habit of letting smaller teams beat them during the season and that's what keeps them from being a 10+ win team. That program, outside of its cultural issues, has a few small things to fix before they could be good.
BC - Steve Adazzio. He like his toughness he brings to his teams and he usually keeps them pretty disciplined and ends up having a all round good group of behaved men. But since BC is a talentless wasteland, I don't expect too much which is a shame. He's a good coach that could have above average teams.
Louisville - Petrino. I don't even know what to say about this guy. Lamar carried that team recently and before then he had a competitive teams but he will never be a great coach just average. I don't even need to go on about how scummy this guy is. Louisville should have kept Charlie Strong.

The ACC just like the SEC will have teams that are lost in space and are never relevant except once every 2 decades.
Pitt - Pat Narduzzi. Don't expect too much from them for a little while. It's hard to recruit there for some reason.
UNC - Larry Fedora. Lol, need I say more. They're falling into their own pit of misery. What's sad is they could make a strong football team if they invested into it and got rid of those stupid looking helmets.
Virginia - Probabaly the only ACC team that has 0 hope of ever being anything again. Look at their bowl game last year for reference.

The ACC has high hopes of being a great conference. It just needs more programs actually investing into football more instead of basketball. A new comissioner would be nice too but that's a pipe dream at this point. The pieces are there, just need to act upon them.

Did I mention conference pumping is stupid?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I get what you're saying but

Jul 1, 2018, 7:35 PM

Virginia.... I will forever and ever commit the sin of HATE for Ken Hatfield to allow Virginia to beat us. Coach Howard always referred to Virginia as "White Meat"... If i remember correctly we were 29-0 against this bunch. It was a shame and a disgrace...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't hold your breath.***

Jul 1, 2018, 9:15 PM

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic